Confirmed Trade: [OTT/ARI] Jakob Chychrun for 2023 1st (top 5 protected), 2024 2nd (1st if OTT make '23 ECF), and 2026 2nd round pick

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
This is what I was thinking when I first heard of the trade. My first thoughts were: Great value, perfect fit and salary, and that it will likely make Chabot better.

DIdn't want to affirm it as I don't watch the Senators every night, so don't have intimate knowledge of the team. However, it's good to know it's the case. It'll be very interesting watching what Ottawa does down the stretch. They're doing what the Leafs should've done after 2017 when it was clear the team was ready to compete - yet they wasted years of Matthews just to draft average to bad players in the first.
Agreed. Turning the corner is the hardest thing to do in this league.

Knowing how and when.

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
how come every time there is a trade people always gotta try and bully the so-called trade "loser" fanbase

"LMAO REMEMBER HOW YOU WANTED ONE THING AND THEN YOUR TEAM DIDN'T GET THAT, LMAO LMAO LMAO, U SHOULD BE ASHAMED! SHAME! SHAME! SHAME! NOW COME IN AND ACCEPT YOUR PUNISHMENT"

It's very odd, people aren't even like this when teams get knocked out in the playoffs.

It's insufferable dreck. People come into threads, create some ridiculous strawman of a fanbase, and hammer it. It makes threads like this - even worse when it involves big market teams - a dog's breakfast to navigate. If people didn't post the crap, there'd be enough bandwidth saved to have HF weather deadlines and drafts in perpetuity.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
how come every time there is a trade people always gotta try and bully the so-called trade "loser" fanbase

"LMAO REMEMBER HOW YOU WANTED ONE THING AND THEN YOUR TEAM DIDN'T GET THAT, LMAO LMAO LMAO, U SHOULD BE ASHAMED! SHAME! SHAME! SHAME! NOW COME IN AND ACCEPT YOUR PUNISHMENT"

It's very odd, people aren't even like this when teams get knocked out in the playoffs.
I don't think they're bullying the fanbase, just one guy in particular, the arbiter of the trade talk. There's one in every fanbase, who emerges every time a deal like this is looming.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

The Patrick Kane thread is thataway.

Reactions: zukeisgone

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
Arizona and Vancouver are so bad lol.
I cannot believe Arizona held out 2 years for this. They clearly overplayed their hand. And Vancouver….oh Vancouver. You never cease to amaze me!

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Not even one Damn player or prospect in return. Never change HF Boards :laugh:

B55E8F01-5866-495E-AD54-1DDC498FE609.gif

Reactions: FSL KINGS

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Lmao suck it Armstrong

I think he's in a similar situation as Dorion was with the previous owner. His hands are tied. If the word from upstairs is that he takes the best deal that saves money, that's what he has to do.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
AZ is just forever going to be rebuilding and acquiring picks and taking on percentages of contracts.

Like seriously are they ever going to try to atleast attempt to be good?

Reactions: SaltyElkHunter

Drops of Jupiter

Dec 8, 2022

You were doing this not 3 hours ago in the Dylan Larkin re-signing thread........

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad