OT: Other Sports: Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies, etc...Part VI

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
Mt Holly, NC
There’s a pretty neat deal going on tonight on ESPN regarding the old Negro League’s Rickwood Field in Birmingham, AL. They are playing a legit MLB game at the stadium. It should be worth checking out and especially now that it coincides with Mays’ death since he played on the same field when he was younger.

Last edited:
Reactions: expatriatedtexan

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
There’s a pretty neat deal going on tonight on ESPN regarding the old Negro League’s Rickwood Field in Birmingham, AL. They are playing a legit MLB game at the stadium. It should be worth checking out and especially now that it coincides with Mays’ death since he played on the field when he was younger.
Stuff like this and Field of Dreams games are really neat for the MLB to do.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Although they won't ever do it again because of ticket revenue, that was the huge appeal of the Lake Tahoe game for me. Seeing an NHL rink setup in such a beautiful outdoor location was basically a love letter to the idea of pond hockey.
The NHL has been trying to figure out a way to have the Battle of Alberta at Lake Louise for about a decade now. I bet it'll happen at some point.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Because the NBA salary cap is the dumbest thing ever, the Nuggets will decline their 1 year minimum option on Vlatko Cancar's contract but then sign him to a new minimum contract that will, for some reason, actually pay him more money but at a lower salary cap hit than if we had picked up the option.

Reactions: katfude

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Basketball Index graded out Peyton Watson as the #1 rim-protecting forward in the NBA last season and Christian Braun as the #7 rim-protecting guard.

Grackle Party

Full of guts!!
Jun 11, 2007
Cream City
So who will the nuggets be drafting tonight?
ESPN

DaRon Holmes II, PF/C, Dayton | Age: 21.8

Most NBA teams are operating under the assumption that Holmes has received a promise from the Nuggets, as he canceled a half-dozen workouts shortly after the NCAA withdrawal deadline, a scenario that is similar to what we saw play out last year with Jalen Pickett.

Holmes (6-foot-10 in shoes) has skills as a pick-and-roll finishing, floor-spacing big man who can pass and create off the dribble, giving him intriguing versatility. -- Givony

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
ESPN

DaRon Holmes II, PF/C, Dayton | Age: 21.8

Most NBA teams are operating under the assumption that Holmes has received a promise from the Nuggets, as he canceled a half-dozen workouts shortly after the NCAA withdrawal deadline, a scenario that is similar to what we saw play out last year with Jalen Pickett.

Holmes (6-foot-10 in shoes) has skills as a pick-and-roll finishing, floor-spacing big man who can pass and create off the dribble, giving him intriguing versatility. -- Givony
Legit my favorite measurement

man-wears-shoe-inserts-on-date.jpg

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Funny not one highlight gives me confidence of what he'll do as a Nugget player. Lots of iso-ball, virtually no movement to the basket to receive a pass. The threes look kinda timid and at college length makes me think they may not go down as much in the pros. I guess the only offset is that he may not see the floor much when Joker is out there so some bully ball might be ok.

Team is strapped now and can't really do much other than hope draft picks work out I suppose. Backup centers are pretty easy to get and kinda undervalued with the way the game has gone.

BobRossColton

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
Funny not one highlight gives me confidence of what he'll do as a Nugget player. Lots of iso-ball, virtually no movement to the basket to receive a pass. The threes look kinda timid and at college length makes me think they may not go down as much in the pros. I guess the only offset is that he may not see the floor much when Joker is out there so some bully ball might be ok.

Team is strapped now and can't really do much other than hope draft picks work out I suppose. Backup centers are pretty easy to get and kinda undervalued with the way the game has gone.
Some defensive play or receiving would of been nice.

MaKarter

Big Game Bo
Jun 21, 2019
Fort Collins CO

You can find much better video of him that shows his fit with the Nuggets. He is a good screener and uses open space really well. Add in the pick and roll and pick and pop ability with the big dunks then you have someone the Nuggets loved.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad