OT: Other Sports aka CSU Football Thread XX

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com

ColoradoSportsFan

Jul 16, 2005
Denver, Colorado
I firmly believe the Broncos running the ball makes everyone else on the team 10x more accountable for their own actions rather than just being lazy and relying on Peyton. I think it's assisting in developing the team around PFM before we hit the playoffs. Will help us in the long run even though people don't like how "sexy" the wins are.
Agreed. Learn to run the ball and get the kinks out now so when we do hit the playoffs we are firing on all cylinders. All we gotta do is win next week to secure a bye.

It is sad how now for a big piece of the fanbase...style points do matter.

Also whoever said we should go after Phil Rivers as out next QB, just pimp slap yourself!:facepalm:
C'mon we all know Eli is gonna be our next QB ;)

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I love how we're scheduled to play the AFC East winner every single year except 2017. So instead, they just directly schedule us against New England in 2017. What a bunch of $#(@

That's the rotation, that year we play every AFC East team just like this year.

I like winning playing defense or running the ball. We are just going to have to do all 3 to make it to the big show.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
A win in the next two games or an Indy Loss in the next two games clinches a BYE for the broncos, which would really help.

The extra day off before Cincy will be nice as well.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
The ERFA means I think we just have to offer Brandon Marshall a $500K or so contract and he can only negotiate with us. He's staying.

OK, good. If that's the case, I wonder if they can turn him into a MLB. I'd think Denver would want Trevathan and Marshall on the field together, and there's only one OLB spot open, given Miller has the other one.

Your list is dead on. I really don't like Franklin a lot but losing him and not getting a solid replacement is scary. You take off one of DT/JT and maybe get Peyton to cough up some dough though and a lot of those signings look a lot more realistic. I don't sign Franklin for anything over $3M.

Yeah, Franklin is replaceable also - most guards are. I went back and forth on which category he should be put in.

But let's assume that salary space gets tight, and the Broncos need to make an ugly decision. I think most people would agree that DThomas needs to be resigned first and foremost, yes? That's my belief. However, if they can only sign one of JThomas or Knighton, who should Denver sign?

That's a tough one. I'm honestly leaning towards Knighton.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
There doesn't seem to be anything physically wrong with Belisle. He had two rough seasons in a row but he's low risk/high reward for a team like the Cardinals. He knows the NL, he can pitch a ton of innings, and if he can regain his 2010-2012 form he's an excellent 6/7/8th inning guy. If he still sucks, oh well. They only signed to a one year deal.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Hmm, his wife was born in Denver. Jay Cutler for next Broncos QB!!

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
Trevathan done for the season.

Marshall back for the playoffs.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
ODB is averaging 97yds and 0.9 TDs a game over his first 10 games...and that after missing a lot of the offseason workouts and having to play his way into form/shape.

I still can't believe how well he's performing, and I was hyping him like crazy in the summer because at LSU I saw a more explosive-Victor Cruz when I watched this kid. God damn do I hope we can snag the OL starter we need after we sign Suh with the JPP-money.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Who is ODB?

500_1384443561_83c7352a0b5863f45aa49acc665f6a6e.jpg

:sarcasm:

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
OK, good. If that's the case, I wonder if they can turn him into a MLB. I'd think Denver would want Trevathan and Marshall on the field together, and there's only one OLB spot open, given Miller has the other one.

But let's assume that salary space gets tight, and the Broncos need to make an ugly decision. I think most people would agree that DThomas needs to be resigned first and foremost, yes? That's my belief. However, if they can only sign one of JThomas or Knighton, who should Denver sign?

That's a tough one. I'm honestly leaning towards Knighton.

I thought the original plan was to put Trevathan at MLB, but I feel like it could be either/or. Both Marshall and Trevathan are great at coverage and both are good tacklers. If Trevathan has more trouble recovering from his injury I could see him being put inside though just due to loss of speed? It's a real toss-up there I think - nice problem to have.

I'm probably in the minority of the JT/DT debate. I'd sign JT because I think WR's are easier to find and Latimore/Sanders could fill the shoes easier. On the other hand I think JT could be argued as a total product of Peyton Manning. I'm trying to think of this though when Brock is in there as well - and having JT would probably help him a lot. Tough decision again. Really depends on just how much the players are asking for.

The Knighton one is tough too. Do you count on Sly and re-sign Austin at 1/2 the price of Knighton or pay Pot Roast big? The only thing going for the team there is that Knighton has all kinds of history with Del Rio and that may help us out $$ wise.

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO

umdieecke*

I thought the original plan was to put Trevathan at MLB, but I feel like it could be either/or. Both Marshall and Trevathan are great at coverage and both are good tacklers. If Trevathan has more trouble recovering from his injury I could see him being put inside though just due to loss of speed? It's a real toss-up there I think - nice problem to have.

I'm probably in the minority of the JT/DT debate. I'd sign JT because I think WR's are easier to find and Latimore/Sanders could fill the shoes easier. On the other hand I think JT could be argued as a total product of Peyton Manning. I'm trying to think of this though when Brock is in there as well - and having JT would probably help him a lot. Tough decision again. Really depends on just how much the players are asking for.

The Knighton one is tough too. Do you count on Sly and re-sign Austin at 1/2 the price of Knighton or pay Pot Roast big? The only thing going for the team there is that Knighton has all kinds of history with Del Rio and that may help us out $$ wise.

Except for it's not easy to replace DT. A lot of his TDs are on bubble screens or slants where he outruns the defense. A lot of the other upper echelon catch the ball much farther downfield. DTs skill set is not easy to replace.

LazRNN

Dec 17, 2003
Jay Cutler, the highest paid player in the NFL this season, has been benched. Remember when the Broncos trading him was going to set the franchise back for a decade?

LazRNN

Dec 17, 2003
Well let's see what the franchise looks like without Manning. But yeah if Cutler was pissed at how he was treated then I can only imagine his attitude now. :laugh:

The post Manning era could be tough but I'm pretty confident in Elway. To be fair the McDaniels experiment could have crippled this franchise if Elway didn't prove to be such a capable head of football operations. But it seems moving Cutler may have been one thing McDaniels got right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad