OT: Other Sports aka CSU Football Thread XX

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
Seattle
What are some good Rockies follows? I'm not as deep into them as hockey so I don't need to read about it to the nth degree but if someone provides better information I'd like to know.

Although it's not quite what it used to be, Purple Row is probably the best out there for good info and news.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
it's cyclical. Football ends, excitement for Rockies, by 3rd week Rox suck again, August football starts and nobody remembers Rockies exist. I don't mind rockies fans - I used to be one - just funny to watch. But based on past history I just can't believe people really continue to give them a chance. After about 10 years of roller coaster optimism about that team I am finally done. This will be the first opening day I pass on since they began.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
Seattle
it's cyclical. Football ends, excitement for Rockies, by 3rd week Rox suck again, August football starts and nobody remembers Rockies exist. I don't mind rockies fans - I used to be one - just funny to watch. But based on past history I just can't believe people really continue to give them a chance. After about 10 years of roller coaster optimism about that team I am finally done. This will be the first opening day I pass on since they began.

So nobody is allowed to be a fan of a bad team, I see.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
So nobody is allowed to be a fan of a bad team, I see.

I was for a long long time. I had seats from day 1 of the franchise to 2008. I think I paid my dues for sure with that club.

It's a bad team with bad ownership that would rather take your money than actually use it to improve.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I think I've posted enough here about how much I hate MLB and no I don't have any hope anymore. But like I said, they just made a trade, am I supposed to wait until February to ask about it? No other team has people so hostile for being fans. Want to be a Cubs fan, you just are a loyal soul; Rockies fan you are a complete *******.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I think I've posted enough here about how much I hate MLB and no I don't have any hope anymore. But like I said, they just made a trade, am I supposed to wait until February to ask about it? No other team has people so hostile for being fans. Want to be a Cubs fan, you just are a loyal soul; Rockies fan you are a complete *******.

I hate Cubs fans.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010

Again, who's doing that? Everyone is *****ing about Bridich not making any key moves in the Winter Meetings on social media and no one is hyping them up on here. So who's doing that?

Just because they suck, I can't enjoy Rockies baseball?

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Yeah, I'm still a Rockies fan even though the organization is a freakin' joke. But I still love Coors Field and hey, I really don't have anything against the poor guys who actually wear the uniform, just the ones cutting them checks.

I don't really consider myself a Nuggets fan anymore, but that has nothing to do with them and everything to do with the fact that I just don't like watching the NBA anymore.

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
5 years 42.5M extension for Chris Harris.

Rated as #1 CB by PFF.

Last edited:

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
5 years 42.5M extension for Chris Harris.

Rated as #1 CB by PFF.

Depending how the money breaks down, but if it's that average of $8.5M against the cap, the space freed up by Welker expiring plus Harris' current salary is $6.5M which means this only eats up an extra $2M.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
1 of the Big Four down.

After the season the Broncos should tell Demaryus "How about we just hammer out an extension now and save use the formality of using the Franchise tag on you. At which point they can tag Julius.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I hate Cubs fans.

offense taken! :)

Always been more of a Cubs fan than Rox...

Sorry if I offended anyone for being a Rockies fan. I don't care if you're a rox fan or not. Really don't. I just hate seeing people get their hopes up every single year on here.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I have zero hopes. It takes a lot for me to get my hopes up. I understand sports is temporary happiness and never has one of my teams ever won anything. Not high school, nothing. I was a kid when the Avs and Broncos won, it was great but it had about as much meaning to me at the time as the Rapids or Outlaws winning. So I literally have no idea what winning feels like and I don't expect to ever find out.

And Cubs fans are funny. I guess they think they got it all figured out. We'll see what actually happens.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I am bummed that Lester signed with the Cubs...not so much that he signed with them, but that the Red Sox ownership/GM made that horrendous offer to him back in Spring Training. I think that, to Lester, cemented his decision to leave.

I will say that while they're not "top of the rotation" people (like Lester proved he is/can be) I DO like the addition of the 3 Rotation arms the Sox made: Miley, Porcello and Masterson. I still hope they're looking for that #1 though (Shields or Hamels).

I do hope the Rockies eventually get new ownership (not likely)--as that is what I TRULY feel is holding them back. They get an ownership change, or the Owners decide to COMPLETELY cede Baseball operations to actual baseball people and not glad-handing "yes-men", then they will suffer for a season or two while they build their prospect base, but they'll pull out of it.

They can start by seriously shopping one of or both of Gonzalez and Tulo. Both of those guys can bring back some good pieces for the team to (hopefully) build off of.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Or just become Cardinals or Giants fans. That would be the easiest thing. I wish I could do it.

Isn't that both the best and worst thing about being a sports fan? It's so hard to just up and decide to change teams to cheer for.

I can never see myself NOT cheering for the Avs, Broncos and Red Sox (with the Royals a distant second in MLB just because of their proximity to me and my ability to view a majority of their games).

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
I always had a mancrush on Masterson, I have no idea why.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
Depending how the money breaks down, but if it's that average of $8.5M against the cap, the space freed up by Welker expiring plus Harris' current salary is $6.5M which means this only eats up an extra $2M.

I'm confused. I thought Welker + Harris this season = ~$10M in cap space.

I'm happy with the signing. Question: Unless the Broncos re-do either Manning's and/or Clady's contract, are they going to be able to resign both Thomases?

umdieecke*

I'm confused. I thought Welker + Harris this season = ~$10M in cap space.

I'm happy with the signing. Question: Unless the Broncos re-do either Manning's and/or Clady's contract, are they going to be able to resign both Thomases?

It depends. It seems like 15-20 million will be expiring in 2015. But there's also Knighton, Moore, and Marshall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Bolivia vs Panama
    Bolivia vs Panama
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $175.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • USA vs Uruguay
    USA vs Uruguay