OT: Other Sports aka CSU Football Thread XX

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Someone mentioned to me that Lattimore should get a chance to return punts. I like that idea because of the dude's hands.

I don't mind the McManus signing for field position purposes. The new guy is kicking off to the 15-25 yard line. It would open up way too many chances for teams to return kicks for us, and our special teams coverage isn't elite. We'd be kicking ourselves if we lost a playoff game on a kick return for TD.

One interesting thing I noticed though - a few teams carry 2 kickers, one of which is Detroit for Prater. Was kind of blown away on that one I never thought Prater had a weak leg.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
Someone mentioned to me that Lattimore should get a chance to return punts. I like that idea because of the dude's hands.

I don't mind the McManus signing for field position purposes. The new guy is kicking off to the 15-25 yard line. It would open up way too many chances for teams to return kicks for us, and our special teams coverage isn't elite. We'd be kicking ourselves if we lost a playoff game on a kick return for TD.

Good sized chunks of Denver's special teams are a bit of a mess.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle

One interesting thing I noticed though - a few teams carry 2 kickers, one of which is Detroit for Prater. Was kind of blown away on that one I never thought Prater had a weak leg.
Weak tolerance to fermented liquids and inability to find hotels in walking distance.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
The flag ceremony was awesome. Got to stand right on the Bills sideline

2dujb6.jpg

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Listening to the radio you'd think we lost.

I know the stat whackers have held sway for a while now, but it isn't QB rating that ends up on the score board.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I don't give a crap about stats and some moron behind me was yelling "throw the ball, running is boring, I want to see a bomb". Um, were you paying attention to what happened when he threw a bomb? I don't care about ugly wins and this one wasn't even ugly, they really could have hung 40 on them if not for stupidity. But this team is beginning to win in spite of manning and not because of him. The running game is great, I don't care if he never throws another TD pass if they keep winning. But his performance is becoming a real concern.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
For this team, everything is practice until we get to the playoffs.

This was another game where they could tinker around with all kinds of stuff because the Bills are that bad.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
For this team, everything is practice until we get to the playoffs.

This was another game where they could tinker around with all kinds of stuff because the Bills are that bad.

Racking up a Buck and a half on the ground and holding their D Line to 0 sacks was very laudable. That is a great D-Line.

The only play that really lingers with me is Tamme's fumble.We know how Fox hates 2 minute drills at the half so I hope he doesn't go back to that conservatism.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I actually buy into the notion that when Petyon doesn't throw a lot he gets out of rhythm.

But he can stink up to high heaven as long as we keep winning.

If opponents want to stack the box and dare Peyton to beat them I will take that match up.

At some point the Chargers will openly lament not being a bit more patient with Drew Brees.

We all know Phil is the illegitimate son of a Riverlands lord. His attitude makes me think he's a Frey.

Last edited:

Lawine

Nov 12, 2014
Bad Nauheim
Peyton looks rusty when he doesn't have to throw the ball 40+ times

No rhythm may be one thing, but Peyton is aging in front of our eyes. He usually throws a duck here and there, but he has not been this bad since coming to Denver. With no wind to speak of, he once again hung Sanders out to dry and missed numerous easy mid range throws. It is like the Broncos' early bye week may have left his old body, with no real arm strength to begin with, with no time to recuperate now that the team is in the midst of the last stretch of the season. By the way, Brees is having the same troubles right now and it is no coincidence as both are the same in terms of physicality and quarterbacking style.

It is somewhat ironic that now that the defense and running game are beginning to dominate, Peyton falters. With the way he has played, it will not be his play we can rely on come Foxborough in January. If this recent trend continues, Denver will have to win in spite of Peyton.

Boulder Avalanche

Pull the Goalie
Apr 9, 2013
The time for the Broncos to win the Superbowl was the past two years. This season we have a very slight chance but next year the window is officially shut. The fall of the team will be epic and very difficult. The Broncos will be basement dwellers until the day they hit the lottery and get an elite quarterback again.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
The time for the Broncos to win the Superbowl was the past two years. This season we have a very slight chance but next year the window is officially shut. The fall of the team will be epic and very difficult. The Broncos will be basement dwellers until the day they hit the lottery and get an elite quarterback again.

Geez, dude. Two Debbie Downer posts in a row. Even I'm not capable of this level of sports pessimism. :laugh:

Boulder Avalanche

Pull the Goalie
Apr 9, 2013
Geez, dude. Two Debbie Downer posts in a row. Even I'm not capable of this level of sports pessimism. :laugh:

It is true. The window for the Broncos is ending soon if it did not already. Osweiler maybe the solution but that is an unknown at this point. NFL teams live or die based on their quarterbacks now more than ever. Manning is older accept it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad