Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
It is true. The window for the Broncos is ending soon if it did not already. Osweiler maybe the solution but that is an unknown at this point. NFL teams live or die based on their quarterbacks now more than ever. Manning is older accept it.

Eh...whatever. Peyton is not the main problem with this team. Even at diminished capacity he's still better than any other option out there. In the end it's the Broncos' overly-conservative and frankly not-good-enough coach who will be the team's undoing. If the Broncos fail this year Peyton's likely gone and Fox most definitely is, so it'll be a moot point with the franchise hitting the reset button.

Someone on Twitter rightfully pointed out though that if the team runs too much people question Peyton's ability, and if they throw too much they're accused of relying on Peyton too much. It's a no-win scenario. :laugh:

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Depends how many guys they can sign and if Peyton can make it through another year. They could be pretty good next year but we'll see. I like this year's team better than last year but I'm a bit worried that Peyton can bring his A game when he has to. He will if he wants to win in New Englad along with the running game and D.

Oz is not the solution but he'll be given a few years and rightfully so. When this era of QBs retire the league is going to be left holding the bag on a pretty sorry QB situation. Everyone got infatuated with RG3 types and they are all falling apart, no new young blood has come in the league except Luck. Chicago wants to dump Cutker but what the hell are their options? So by contrast Oz might be better than average by then. The QB of the future will have to be taken high in the draft but nobody is getting those right now.p

Peyton wants the records, he's not going anywhere while he's still healthy. If they win it all maybe but I'd like to cross that bridge when it actually happens.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
I can't be the only one who thinks old-man-manning is just going through a little rough patch? I think he gets it together by the end of the season and with a much stronger running game the Broncos have a chance to win the whole thing.

But, if I'm wrong.... I'll have wished that we were in the running for Mariota.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I can't be the only one who thinks old-man-manning is just going through a little rough patch? I think he gets it together by the end of the season and with a much stronger running game the Broncos have a chance to win the whole thing.

But, if I'm wrong.... I'll have wished that we were in the running for Mariota.

It's a concern, mainly because of that nerve issue that nearly ended his career. It's never gonna go away, and who knows if it's affecting him right now. At times even I'll admit his accuracy looks alarmingly off.

Whatever the case going forward, the Broncos just better never settle for some mediocre "game manager" behind center. Never have I been more bummed as a Broncos fan than I was watching Kyle Orton dink-and-dunk his way down the field in methodical fashion. I would take ANYTHING over that.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Depends how many guys they can sign and if Peyton can make it through another year. They could be pretty good next year but we'll see. I like this year's team better than last year but I'm a bit worried that Peyton can bring his A game when he has to. He will if he wants to win in New Englad along with the running game and D.

right now the Broncos are 9th in available cap space heading into next year and will be able to open up around $5 million if they cut a few guys like Clark and Caldwell (maybe even $10 if Elway gets ruthless.)

DMT isn't going anywhere. If they can get him to reup that opens the franchise tag for Julius and then it's a case of getting Harris, Knighton and Franklin re-signed or replaced.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Don't understand the Oz hate. The guy gets like 3 snaps a practice. Give him a break before writing him off.

Remember when Aaron Rodgers was rumored to look absolutely horrible in practice behind Favre - people were calling him a bust before he even started a game.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
from some hack writer named Vic Carucci way back when

The more I hear about the Green Bay Packers' offseason workouts, the better I understand why they were so willing to leave the door open as long as they did for Brett Favre's return. Even in taking limited snaps and despite missing the occasional on-field session as he did on June 5, Favre is showing that he still is among the NFL's elite passers. He continues to represent the Packers' greatest hope for offensive success, which won't be easy to achieve after the departure of game-breaking receiver Javon Walker. Meanwhile, Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay's first-round pick in 2005, has yet to provide a whole lot of encouragement that he could be even an adequate replacement when Favre finally does step aside. In taking the lion's share of offseason snaps, Rodgers isn't making much of an impression with his arm strength, although his delivery has looked a little less awkward than it did during his rookie year. So far, the buzz among Packers players is uncertainty over whether Rodgers has the goods to be the future starter.

ColoradoSportsFan

Jul 16, 2005
Denver, Colorado
I said it after people were freaking out about the Jets game. As a fan base we've become spoiled. Listening to the radio today and reading some posts here and there you'd think we lost the game and were on the verge of missing the playoffs.

If Manning doesn't go 32/37 for 350 yards and 4 TD's people aren't happy.

Is Manning playing through a rough patch...yes. But remember DT and Tamme were hobbled. Julius never even put on his helmet. Welker and Sanders were the only real options in the passing game and Manning nearly got Sanders concussed again. It wouldn't surprise me if Manning is a bit dinged up himself. Having such an early bye week is killing us right now.

Main thing is, the team is already in playoff mode playing stout defense and running the football. The type of football that wins in Jan/Feb. The type of football they will need when we have to go to Foxboro for the AFC Championship game and what we'll need against Green Bay or Seattle in Arizona.

Playing ball control offense is not a bad thing. And eventually teams will have to start trying to take the run away at which point I'm fully confident Peyton will star carving teams up again.

As for his future, I think he is gonna do his damnedest to get 2 more rings to at least tie Brady and end that arguement as to why Brady is better. I think he plays 3 more years. And beyond that I think Elway has every intention of giving Brock at least 2 years. And at least half the reason of that is ego. Unless of course Brock gets a fat offer from a team starved for a QB. In which case we might have another Manning ready to move on from his current team.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I'm far from the "everyone is terrible" type if person but I think it's fair to wonder if Peyton can bring his A game to play in New England on the road in January. None of the other stuff really matters, that's what it's come down to. I'm damn sick and tired of getting embarrassed in that hell hole and until this team does it I'm going to question each and every one of them including Peyton. Im fully aware how bad it can be, I vividly remember all the failures of the last 10 years and there are a lot of morons who watch the team and have no clue. So I believe it that there are a lot of spoiled fans. I know it's going to suck when Manning is done. I think he plays out his contract if he can but two more after this year is about it.

ColoradoSportsFan

Jul 16, 2005
Denver, Colorado
I'm far from the "everyone is terrible" type if person but I think it's fair to wonder if Peyton can bring his A game to play in New England on the road in January. None of the other stuff really matters, that's what it's come down to. I'm damn sick and tired of getting embarrassed in that hell hole and until this team does it I'm going to question each and every one of them including Peyton. Im fully aware how bad it can be, I vividly remember all the failures of the last 10 years and there are a lot of morons who watch the team and have no clue. So I believe it that there are a lot of spoiled fans. I know it's going to suck when Manning is done. I think he plays out his contract if he can but two more after this year is about it.
The thing is, they are showing right now that they can win games when Manning is off his game.

He'll only play a half at most in the Raider game unless the #1 seed is on the line. And then we'll have the bye week.

Besides...we are due to win a game in Foxboro and the Pats are due to lose one there.

It was kinda funny hearing Dmac read out Elways stats in the last 4 regular season games and first 2 playoff games and Super Bowl from '97. He stunk. Only good game he had was the AFC Championship game in Pittsburgh. He started changing his tune on how the Broncos were playing.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
I will be worried if manning continues to throw 2+ picks every game. Otherwise he will get it together. No doubt.

Stonewall

Jan 14, 2013
Broncos fire Fox when they lose in the playoffs, hire Jim Harbaugh

...Or they win the Super Bowl!

ColoradoSportsFan

Jul 16, 2005
Denver, Colorado
Broncos fire Fox when they lose in the playoffs, hire Jim Harbaugh

...Or they win the Super Bowl!
If the Broncos fire Fox...or if Fox retires after winning the Super Bowl(more likely than Manning retiring if we win) Elway will either promote Gase or hire Kubiak. Kubiak was Elways first choice to replace McDaniels, Houston just decided to keep Kubiak around despite rumors he might be out.

Stonewall

Jan 14, 2013
If the Broncos fire Fox...or if Fox retires after winning the Super Bowl(more likely than Manning retiring if we win) Elway will either promote Gase or hire Kubiak. Kubiak was Elways first choice to replace McDaniels, Houston just decided to keep Kubiak around despite rumors he might be out.

Harbaugh > those two

I don't think Elway is going to care about his first choice from 4 years ago.

umdieecke*

I think this running game increases Denver's chance at winning a SB. But why? Was it to take pressure off of the passing game or was it because Peyton's aging. I wonder if Peyton is the type of QB who passes better when he throws a lot because he develops feel/rhythm. As much as I feel like the offense is in better shape because of the running game, this isn't the 97 or 98 Broncos and Peyton will need to be on his game at some point.

Stonewall

Jan 14, 2013
Based on what I'm hearing out of San Fran. No thank you.

What are you hearing out of San Francisco? Every coach gets kicked out the door, and there are plenty of people saying it would be a bad idea to fire him.

Harbaugh would bring this team fire and competitiveness.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
right now the Broncos are 9th in available cap space heading into next year and will be able to open up around $5 million if they cut a few guys like Clark and Caldwell (maybe even $10 if Elway gets ruthless.)

Can they restructure Clady without too much dead money?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad