OT: Other Sports aka CSU Football Thread XX

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

madman

Deadmarsh Deli Dills
Jun 6, 2009
Steamboat Springs
9ers are idiots. Harbaugh might be too, but he's the best idiot of the bunch and his players love him. I hate seeing him go to Michigan.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
This comes from one of my favorite fantasy/football writers @rotopat. He's hysterical, even beyond hilarious. Highly recommended follow if you are into those things.

Philadelphia 76ers Memorial Award

The Bucs say they didn’t tank. The facts say they pulled Mike Evans at halftime, and attempted three second-half passes. Vincent Jackson was sidelined with a groin “injury” mere minutes after surpassing 1,000 yards on the season. According to the Tampa Bay Times, nearly every Bucs starter of consequence was on the pine by the fourth quarter, a period in which the Saints “stormed” back from a 20-7 deficit for a 23-20 victory. Three of five starting offensive linemen were on the bench when Josh McCown took a game-sealing safety. The Bucs didn’t accomplish many of their 2014 goals. Securing the No. 1 overall pick was an exception.

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/51260/131/ranking-the-playoff-teams?pg=2

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
will never happen but he should definitely be considered...that OL was beast

True. I am extremely jealous of Smith and Martin...Frederick I'm okay with because Richburg will be all kinds of awesome, especially if we add a high quality OT that lets Pugh slide inside to G (where he can become an All-Pro) while Schwartz actually stays healthy...but holy hell would one of Smith or Martin do us a lot of good and let us start to remember what it was like having a competent OL.

It's a shame the giants haven't had an extra first round pick in a couple of these past drafts...although even if we had had one last year I wouldn't have picked up Martin simply because I <3'd Donald almost as much as I did ODB.

I know as divisional rivals I should hate them like I do Philly and Washington, but I can't help but like this edition of the cowboys. At least on offense, since I still don't understand what is holding that defense together.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
9ers are idiots. Harbaugh might be too, but he's the best idiot of the bunch and his players love him. I hate seeing him go to Michigan.
Harbaugh is a genius. A dbag, but a genius.

Mike Evans > ODB. Come at me CGF.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Harbaugh is a genius. A dbag, but a genius.

Mike Evans > ODB. Come at me CGF.

Mike Evans is also a very good young receiver. He just doesn't have the numbers that Beckham had this year. And that's not all Evans fault he has a much crappier supporting staff, but ODB put up elite level numbers it's hard to argue that.

I'll say that they will both be top 10-15 receivers in the game for the next 10 years barring any injuries.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
First Mammoth game Saturday night, on the road against the Minnesota Swarm.

Finally, something to distract me from the Avs and Nuggets...

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Don't think there's a QB in this draft that I'm confident in to draft him in the top 5.

falconski

Unregistered User
Jan 21, 2008
well the previous system would have given us FSU-Bama so we know that was a failure

can 't wait until we get an every conference champ system in football

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I think an 8 team playoff is about the max. As much as I would like a 16 team with every conference getting an autobid, only a few G5 teams are really good enough to compete (coming from a fan of a G5 team). 8 teams with P5 conferences getting an autobid and 3 at larges with 1 spot reserved for the best G5 team with certain qualifications (IE can't be a 4 loss team).

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
CSU basketball in the Pit tonight
First Mammoth game
NFL playoffs starting
Nuggets @ Grizzlies

Gonna be a good day

gameface engaged

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Rammies couldn't get out of the Pit with a win. Oh well, still in great shape overall.

The Mammoth had a monster game in their season opener, though. After getting shut out in the first quarter they scored 20 goals the rest of the way, including 11 in the fourth quarter and half a dozen shorthanded goals. Final score Mammoth 20, Minnesota Swarm 13.

Nuggets currently leading the Grizz too.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
It's ridiculous watching Baltimore in the PO's...Flacco is the least deserving SB running QB I can think of (besides Eli). How many times did he and that team rely on the "I'm going to heave it downfield and hope for a flag" play?

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
How about Jusuf Nurkic tonight?

11 points, 11 rebounds, 5 blocks, 2 steals, 0 fouls for the rookie tonight.

And Lawson went for 25 points, 11 assists, 5 rebounds, 2 steals, and 2 blocks.

Also cool to see former CSU tight end Gilmore get a TD for Baltimore today.

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
the Ravens playing NE is the best case scenario, but I doubt the Patriots lose (and, unfortunately, I doubt they lose against Denver at home)

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
would Leveon Bell have even played if they got to NE? if not, then I am super happy Baltimore won tonight. Steelers would have zero chance vs. Pats without Bell.

I'd rather the Broncos play Cincy too, but I bet Indy beats them without AJ Green in the lineup.

TJ Ward is going to have to play the game of his life vs. Gronk. I think Ward's totally overrated though so I'm not too optimistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad