OT: Other Sports aka CSU Football Thread XX

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
What a crap show

But we'll be fine in New England!!!
Just wondering, do say anything positive about the Broncos?

Can't watch because I don't have ESPN (don't have cable in general), but from watching from the ESPN.com GameCast it seems like Cincy just wants it more. Apparently JT didn't "fight for the ball" on Peyton's INT? That's the sentiment that was said on Twitter.
It was a bad throw by Manning.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Me? It's pretty funny I'm accused of being too positive about the Avs. :laugh: I'm a realist, both ways. Or maybe I just expect competitive mediocrity from all my teams, so to those that the glass looks fuller goes one way, glass lower the other.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Me? It's pretty funny I'm accused of being too positive about the Avs. :laugh: I'm a realist, both ways. Or maybe I just expect competitive mediocrity from all my teams, so to those that the glass looks fuller goes one way, glass lower the other.

I was about to say something about it too. Avs blow and you pump their tires. Broncos are one of the top teams in the NFL and you ride them haha.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I don't pump their tires, I just try to point out every single thing isn't an epic disaster. I know the season is gone already. On the Broncos, I know it's never going to get better than this, I just don't think they are going to win anything. Or maybe the Avs still have potential but the Broncos this is it.

Last edited:

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Well the Bengals can thank the horrible officiating for that call.. Jesus what a terrible call on a phantom face mask.

ColoradoSportsFan

Jul 16, 2005
Denver, Colorado
Brutal call on the facemask. But an even worse throw by Manning to seal it.

I dunno why after slicing them up they went ultra conservative with a 1 point lead. Just terrible play calling.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Brutal call on the facemask. But an even worse throw by Manning to seal it.

I dunno why after slicing them up they went ultra conservative with a 1 point lead. Just terrible play calling.

John Fox's calling card...

In reality, Denver doesn't seem like they were fully prepared, they came in, seemingly expecting Cincinnati (and Dalton) to roll over like they traditionally have during Monday Night games and they didn't.

The Broncos got up but they didn't keep attacking like they had to GET the lead. IF the Broncos manage to win a SB this year, I legitimately believe it will be in spite of John Fox, and I would hope that he and the majority (if not all) of the Coaching Staff are gone next year, they're too conservative, they lack a killer instinct that is needed at the NFL Level. You have one of the most prolific QB's in the game but you harness him when you get a small lead, and it's continuing to bite them.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Manning was throwing under ALL night, at some point he has to wear some of the blame.

He needs to take 100% of the blame. One thing I simply cannot stand about Manning is the way he puts his arms in the air after INT's as if it's the receivers fault all the time, when in reality his flub passes are the reason for his picks the majority of the time. Those last two INT's were on Manning completely, just awful decisions and even worse throws

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Manning was throwing under ALL night, at some point he has to wear some of the blame.

He absolutely does, and I lay some of that blame at his feet as well.

But we have once again been witness to horrible play calling with a lead by John Fox & Co.

Manning absolutely deserves any and all of the blame that he's getting, he made some uncharacteristic throws (the 2nd, 3rd and 4th INT's I saw so those are what I can speak to...).

All we can hope is that he and the team can go in and put in some work and get their heads together for the PO's.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
I kept talking here about "how Manning would get it together."

But now, he's done. Broncos are sinking fast and manning is leading the way.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
The Broncos are a joke of a team right now, they really haven't played well in probably 6 weeks.

The way I see it playing out right now is like this:

Indy (3) vs. San Diego/Batimore (6) with Indy winning at home
Pittsburgh (4) vs. Cincinnati (5) with Pittsburgh winning at home

NE (1) vs Pittsburgh (4)
Denver (2) vs Indy (3)

And honestly I don't see us beating Andrew Luck, I think he would eat us alive. All I can say is we better start playing football and stop thinking teams are going to roll over for us or it's going to be a quick offseason for us.

ColoradoSportsFan

Jul 16, 2005
Denver, Colorado
They played like they knew they had the Oakland game to fall back on.

Agreed.

On the bright side...no Broncos team has ever finished 13-3 and won the Super Bowl. Best we can do this year is 12-4. And we have a nice little revenge tour set up. Cincy here in the Divisional round and @ NE in the AFC title game.

Let's just beat the Raiders and get a rest. Bad thing is now Manning and the starters have to probably go the full 4 qtrs on Sunday. Early forecast 35 degrees with a 10% chance of snow.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
He needs to take 100% of the blame. One thing I simply cannot stand about Manning is the way he puts his arms in the air after INT's as if it's the receivers fault all the time, when in reality his flub passes are the reason for his picks the majority of the time. Those last two INT's were on Manning completely, just awful decisions and even worse throws

If the WR is not running the right route, then he (the WR) contributes to the INT. It very much looked like Peyton and DT were not on the same page.

Now, I'm not saying that that was the situation on all 4 of his INT's, but Manning isn't the only QB to make motions like that when they throw INT's...at the end of the day, the Broncos took their foot off the pedal when they got the lead and couldn't get themselves back once they lost it.

It sure as hell didn't help that DT got that "facemask" penalty (though that wasn't their only opportunity to get back in the game).

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
If the WR is not running the right route, then he (the WR) contributes to the INT. It very much looked like Peyton and DT were not on the same page.

Now, I'm not saying that that was the situation on all 4 of his INT's, but Manning isn't the only QB to make motions like that when they throw INT's...at the end of the day, the Broncos took their foot off the pedal when they got the lead and couldn't get themselves back once they lost it.

It sure as hell didn't help that DT got that "facemask" penalty (though that wasn't their only opportunity to get back in the game).

All this stuff you mention, doesn't even happen if the Broncos come to play in the first half. The whole team looked disinterested from the beginning. They got totally worked in the first half. Then they went in the locker room and said we're better than that and decided to show up in the 3rd quarter, took the lead, and then they thought Cinny would fold, and they didn't, and we had nothing when they punched us back.

The refs didn't do us any favors either. On the DT face mask you've got to call it both ways. So basically DT gets called for a questionable face mask, then Kirkpatrick bear hugs DT as he is running by him, way past the 5 yard mark, but the refs only call the one penalty on DT. At very minimum it should have been offsetting penalties giving us another shot at 3rd and 4. Then on the first Kirkpatrick INT that went for a TD, he clearly hooks DT, which should have been a holding call, but don't call anything. Then they give Cinny that bogus roughing the passer penalty on a 2nd and long, that was a joke. I've seen PFM take hits like that virtually every game and they never call anything. It was a clean hit to the mid section of Dalton, that's it. It wasn't low, it wasn't late, and he didn't go out of his way to drive him to the ground, he just finished his hit.

PFM is for sure to blame for this game, 4 INTs is unacceptable for any QB. He hasn't had a good game in at least a month. He has to be better than that.

I really hope we get another shot at them, they talked a lot of trash for a team that really isn't that good. I would love to see them in a playoff atmosphere in Denver, they'd get squashed.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
How long have I been calling a Indy win in the second round against either the Broncos or Pats.

Now it's setting up perfectly for the Broncos to make that happen. Awesome. :cry:

ColoradoSportsFan

Jul 16, 2005
Denver, Colorado
All this stuff you mention, doesn't even happen if the Broncos come to play in the first half. The whole team looked disinterested from the beginning. They got totally worked in the first half. Then they went in the locker room and said we're better than that and decided to show up in the 3rd quarter, took the lead, and then they thought Cinny would fold, and they didn't, and we had nothing when they punched us back.

The refs didn't do us any favors either. On the DT face mask you've got to call it both ways. So basically DT gets called for a questionable face mask, then Kirkpatrick bear hugs DT as he is running by him, way past the 5 yard mark, but the refs only call the one penalty on DT. At very minimum it should have been offsetting penalties giving us another shot at 3rd and 4. Then on the first Kirkpatrick INT that went for a TD, he clearly hooks DT, which should have been a holding call, but don't call anything. Then they give Cinny that bogus roughing the passer penalty on a 2nd and long, that was a joke. I've seen PFM take hits like that virtually every game and they never call anything. It was a clean hit to the mid section of Dalton, that's it. It wasn't low, it wasn't late, and he didn't go out of his way to drive him to the ground, he just finished his hit.

PFM is for sure to blame for this game, 4 INTs is unacceptable for any QB. He hasn't had a good game in at least a month. He has to be better than that.

I really hope we get another shot at them, they talked a lot of trash for a team that really isn't that good. I would love to see them in a playoff atmosphere in Denver, they'd get squashed.
There was plenty of hometown officiating. But the roughing on Austin was legit.

Agreed on the jabbering from Cincy. This game felt similar to the Dolphins game in 98-99. They beat us on MNF in December, talked trash and we blew their doors off in the 2nd round here at Old Mile High.

The whole week felt like the week leading up to the Rams game. It's like people forgot there was a game. More Nuggets and Avs talk on the radio for this time of the year. Hell...Big Al and DMac didn't even do a fire up. Last time they didn't do one was Rams week...the signs were there people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad