OT: Other Sports aka CSU Football Thread XX

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Nuggets have won two in a row, and their next five games are:
@ Charlotte
@ Brooklyn
Minnesota
Toronto
Lakers

Four garbage teams and one good one. Now would be the time to make a run if we want to have a shot at the 8 seed. We're only 1 1/2 games out of the playoffs right now, as bad as we've looked at times this year.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
All frigging game long there's NOTHING going for Brees, Graham or Joique Bell...then in the 4th (with seemingly less than 5 minutes left) they ALL score a TD. Brees to Graham, Bell a TD run...and I'm facing all three. I was looking good in my Title game and now I'm down 50-72. I've still got Peyton, CJ and AJ Green left to play whereas after today my opponent only has Emmanuel Sanders, but DAMNIT.

**** all of them.

Meanwhile, Justin Forsett shat the bed, thanks a lot for that.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
really wish we would have grabbed Charles Woodson when he was available. That guy still plays great but plays on such a horrible team.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Odell Beckham Jr may have just saved my hopes for a repeat in my main Fantasy Football League (a league that has not seen a Back-to-Back champion either!)!!

I'm now down 67-73, he has only Emmanuel left to play while I have Peyton, CJ Anderson and AJ Green left...and realistically speaking, most of the points that Emmanuel gets SHOULD be as a result of Peyton, so I should be getting some points there as well.

Fingers crossed!

umdieecke*

ESPN has been pushing the "if Denver loses" scenario really hard. What makes the bias kind of telling is the Denver still gets a bye if they beat the Raiders at home. Cincy needs Denver to lose twice. This scenario is most relevant to all the m*ssholes working at ESPN.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Man. The Pats almost dropped an egg against the Jets today. Would have been sooooo nice for them to lose.

member 116861

Nuggets have won two in a row, and their next five games are:
@ Charlotte
@ Brooklyn
Minnesota
Toronto
Lakers

Four garbage teams and one good one. Now would be the time to make a run if we want to have a shot at the 8 seed. We're only 1 1/2 games out of the playoffs right now, as bad as we've looked at times this year.

What is wrong with the Nuggets this year? On paper they look like a pretty good team.

umdieecke*

Man. The Pats almost dropped an egg against the Jets today. Would have been sooooo nice for them to lose.

People need to get past the fear of playing at New England. If Denver runs the ball like they have been, they'll most likely win. If NE has to sell out to stop the run, NE better hope the weather hates Manning. Some of this anxiety reminds me of 1997. Granted, it's not exactly the same but the pre-emptive coping (aka the fetal position) kind of is.

The Broncos have had one of the toughest schedules I can remember. Except for the Raiders, the Broncos could have lost any game and it would have been considered a quality loss in that it was to a quality opponent. Yet here they stand. There are no guarantees but they've already been run through the ringer several times. If anything has prepared Denver, it's their schedule. If you go 13-3 or even 12-4 after a schedule like that, there's no reason to expect them to back down from anyone.

quesosauce

Feb 5, 2008
Denver
with all the running game success they really havent done much attacking with the play action game, imho

i believe they are saving this for the playoffs, really get everyone convinced the run game is legit, even establish it in the playoff games, but use play action more effectively and strike down the field with it when they have to. just make sure everyone is healthy and this team can win it all, i believe

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
The fear? I've seen the movie over and over again. Until ramming my head into a wall produces different results I'm going to be wary of it. Sure they CAN win up there but until they do it I'm not believing it.

I care about the bye the most. We get that I'll be content. Yeah it would be nice for New England to blow it but I fully expect us going up there is what it will come down to. I'm ok with that, if they can't win that game they don't deserve to be in the Super Bowl anyway.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I care about the bye the most. We get that I'll be content.

Nevermind forgot about Cincy's stupid tie.

If you want to have a laugh look at Cincy's schedule. The reason all the AFC North was in playoff contention was they had the NFC South and AFC South in the rotation this year.

Last edited:

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Nevermind forgot about Cincy's stupid tie.

If you want to have a laugh look at Cincy's schedule. The reason all the AFC North was in playoff contention was they had the NFC South and AFC South in the rotation this year.

Man you are dead on.

AFC North Against:

NFC North 0-0
NFC South 12-3-1
AFC East 1-3
AFC North 10-10
AFC South 10-6
AFC West 2-1

or in other words they are 12-3-1 against the NFC South and 23-20 against everyone else (including themselves).

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
interesting hire by CSU

I like that they are going after power conference coordinators rather than the Sunbelt Conference coach of the years.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
LOL...

The ONE GAME where I want ANYONE but Sanders to catch a TD pass...in the end it doesn't matter as long as the Broncos win, but man...

(I am up by 2 points right now, largely because of CJ's TD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad