OT: OT Thread, Winter Edition(2nd Fall for Georgians)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Well looks like we are getting a Alberta clipper Tuesday with 10 to 20cm of snow with huge winds then back into a deep freeze. Nothing good comes from Alberta i'll tell ya, nothing. :mad: :naughty:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Tough news last night when I found out Michael Monk passed away. Michael is the owner of Toad in the Hole and we use to work together way back in day when he was just a kid.

f*** cancer

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
And now back into a deep freeze again, -50 with the windchill Thursday morning ..........:laugh: I'm so done with winter. :mad:

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
All I know is... I'm sick & tired of shoveling. This was me this morning clearing the snow off our patio.

icewall.jpg

I should've done it last night but I decided to watch the Jets game instead. Wow, in hindsight that was a bad decision of epic proportions! :laugh:

If we get much more snow this winter I'm gonna have to hire this guy to get rid of my snowbanks in the spring...

giphy.gif

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
All I know is... I'm sick & tired of shoveling. This was me this morning clearing the snow off our patio.

View attachment 504471

I should've done it last night but I decided to watch the Jets game instead. Wow, in hindsight that was a bad decision of epic proportions! :laugh:

If we get much more snow this winter I'm gonna have to hire this guy to get rid of my snowbanks in the spring...

giphy.gif
Yep i have no more room in my backyard for the snow i've pushed off my deck this year. Me thinks the floodway is going to get a workout this spring.

Reactions: jefferoni

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Watching football from Central America… CAN vs SLV… with all the things that come with it…

20-30 foot steal fence all around the pitch…to keep supporters off

Security personnel wearing full body armour and huge plastic Shields so they can protect the player taking the corner kick from all the bottles that get thrown at them.

oh, and more diving then a swim meet.

Canada with an insane goooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaalllllllllll

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Watching football from Central America… CAN vs SLV… with all the things that come with it…

20-30 foot steal fence all around the pitch…to keep supporters off

Security personnel wearing full body armour and huge plastic Shields so they can protect the player taking the corner kick from all the bottles that get thrown at them.

oh, and more diving then a swim meet.

Canada with an insane goooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaalllllllllll
Canada all but cements their spot in Qatar, and the Canadian women’s hockey team is about to assuredly pound the Swiss.

It’s a good day. Canadian pride!

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
If the groundhog is wrong 61% of the time, isn't it possible that the Pennsylvania Dutch were wrong and the groundhog seeing its shadow actually indicated an early spring?
I think the only good that the groundhog has ever achieved is the inspiration for the Bill Murray movie.

Being a born and raised Winnipegger the absurdity of the rodent foretelling anything was learned very early. Ignoring the reality that Pennsylvania is hundreds of miles south of us, winter so very seldom ends for us prior to the end of March. Even when it does, we're all on pins and needles with the concept of "out like a lion" anyway. We've had highway closures due to snowstorms in May for heaven's sake.

I mean sure, we were golfing in March last year. The last time I recall it occurring was in 1998. I may be forgetting an instance or two in the intervening years but those are easily offset by the years when courses don't open until May (Kingswood being open doesn't count).

Orrrules

Mar 6, 2021
IN RE: SNOW

Wife bought me a battery operated snow blower, it helps a lot. It's slower than 100% shoveling but it sure is easier on the back. I think she got tired of hearing me moan and groan about a sore back after shoveling hah
I bought one too, just for the back decks, best $200 l ever spent, except for that time in Acapulco.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Watching this USA / Czeck women's quarter final. So it's tied 1-1 in the 3rd, USA outshooting them literally 45-5, and they literally had to cheat and shoot the Czech goalie's stick away from her, in clear violation of the rules, to go up 2-1.

Given that the easily manipulatable 'game' of group seeding should not decide between "chance at a medal" (playing North American team in the second round) versus "no chance at a medal" (playing North America in the first round), I see absolutely no reason why USA and CAN shouldn't play a best of 7 for gold by themselves while the other teams play a tourney for Bronze. Like, horrible cheaters or not, I'd still kinda feel bad for the USA if they lost here in a shootout.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Oh hey, they've renamed "Woman Body Checking" into "Illegal Hit (Women)" in the rule books, but the broadcasters and the TV graphics both deceptively called it just "Illegal Hit".

That'll TOTALLY cover up the fact that women aren't allowed to throw the same body checks that 12 year old boys are allowed to. I guess they are trying to make it harder for people to be factually correct in differentiating between the two.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad