OT: OT Thread, Winter Edition(2nd Fall for Georgians)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jaytee

Feb 27, 2015
This is the first time I've encountered this thread, and I'm assuming the "OT" stands for "off topic" and not "overtime". If I'm wrong, my apologies.

I just wanted to share some non-NHL hockey news.

I live in Brandon, and teach at Assiniboine Community College. This afternoon, ACC's women's hockey team successfully defended their ACHA Div. 2 Women's Hockey Championship title in St. Louis.

They last won in 2019, the first Canadian team to ever win that championship. Their 2020 season was undefeated, and then COVID hit, and the championship was cancelled. In 2021 the entire season was cancelled, but they started up again this year, and our women successfully defended their title, and the championship trophy is coming back to Brandon. It'll be a party next week.

I'm particularly proud because I teach or taught three or four of the players, including the team captain who scored the game winner today in a 2-1 win over a North Dakota team. There's something like 62 teams in this division, and we're the only Canadian team. We're also the only championship team!

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
about that deshaun watson contract.....a rogers must be thinking what the hell did i sign so soon

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
about that deshaun watson contract.....a rogers must be thinking what the hell did i sign so soon
Deshaun Watson is certainly an uproven quarterback. His teams in Houston never did anything, plus there was always tons of BS to deal with, when it comes to him. I would not have signed him, as I don't think he's NFL calibre. These types of "non think" and just panic run OB's, all end up going down the same path, and are soon out of the league. Same type of guy as RJ 3, and the dog fighting QB, Michael Vick. There are many more. It's the thinking QB''s like Tom Brady, Peyton Manning that can read the field and make split second decisions that do well.

Last edited:

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Deshaun Watson is certainly an uproven quarterback. His teams in Houston never did anything, plus there was always tons of BS to deal with, when it comes to him. I would not have signed him, as I don't think he's NFL calibre. These types of "non think" and just panic run OB's, all end up going down the same path, and are soon out of the league. Same type of guy as RJ 111, and the dog fighting QB, just can't think of his name right now.
Michael i'm a loser Vick .

Reactions: GNP

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Just completed an awesome sports journey. Jets v Columbus Friday night. Raptors v Pacers Saturday with a fire in the speakers. Canada v Jamaica World Cup Qualifier. HHOF yesterday as a guest of HHOF honoured member Michel Goulet. Topped it off with the Raptors OT win against the Celtics row 19 from the court. I have to say I am impressed with my wife leading chants in the lower bowl during the basketball last night. Gabe may have some competition!

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Sounds like there could be something ugly happening next week - winter may not be finished yet. :help:

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Manitoba's flood forecasters are keeping an eye on a spring storm that the province says could dump 30 to 80 centimetres of snow on southern Manitoba in the next week.

3zmkuzNbVOCL3oFrDXX3ZmJRCAF6CeiDGnGFxzQTTjo.jpg

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
I finally got the call tonight from my dad at 11:30 I’ve been dreading for over two years… my grandma passed away tonight. She was 87 and i know most of you have probably been through this and far worst but this one hurts. It hurts a lot. We were close since i was 4 or 5 till now 32. She’s been slowly deteriorating the last couple years and it was really hard to see her mind and body slowly go… I’m just glad she’s not suffering anymore because it wasn’t fair for her to be drug along like this for so long. My poor father has lost his sister and mom in the span of a year. He’s only 61 so i can only hope he’s at peace. He still has to deal with my mom going through chemo regularly and probably for the rest of her life. She turns 61 in a few months. It’s just…. Well, I’m sure you guys all know and understand… god speed to all of you guys… luv you guys…:heart:

Ggg99

Sep 17, 2018
I finally got the call tonight from my dad at 11:30 I’ve been dreading for over two years… my grandma passed away tonight. She was 87 and i know most of you have probably been through this and far worst but this one hurts. It hurts a lot. We were close since i was 4 or 5 till now 32. She’s been slowly deteriorating the last couple years and it was really hard to see her mind and body slowly go… I’m just glad she’s not suffering anymore because it wasn’t fair for her to be drug along like this for so long. My poor father has lost his sister and mom in the span of a year. He’s only 61 so i can only hope he’s at peace. He still has to deal with my mom going through chemo regularly and probably for the rest of her life. She turns 61 in a few months. It’s just…. Well, I’m sure you guys all know and understand… god speed to all of you guys… luv you guys…:heart:
Sorry to hear. Sincerest condolences to you and your family. 🙏

Reactions: Jets 31 and Duke749

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Reactions: Duke749

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Really sorry to hear this Duke.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Godspeed for your Grandma Duke'...

My heart feels for you... never easy loosing a loved one...

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg

My condolences.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012

Really sorry for your loss Duke, I went through my grandmother's death last year she was roughly that same age too, the important thing to remember is that they lived a long and full life and are no longer in pain.

Hoping for the best with your mom's chemo.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
So I was just chillin kind of sick of Hockey so I turned on Blue Jays baseball and its not October. I usually start my ball watching in October When it counts.

Holy hell Vladdy with 3 home runs 4 hits and 14 bases tonight.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Tough to lose any family. Sorry to hear this, kind regards.

Reactions: Jets 31

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Hockey, but slightly OT

If people think the Jets defense is questionable, just watch the U18 games. I don't think anyone in this tournament has ever back-checked.

• Haha
Reactions: macmaroon

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Resurrecting the OT thread because, for all my expert-level poker chops, my wife called my bluff and my Talking Heads moment (".. and you may say to yourself, 'my God, what have I done?'") has heralded the arrival this Monday of Hypnos, the latest pet in the Alpha Lackey classical Greek mythology parthenon of pets.

Named after sleep incarnate (basically, the classical Greek version of Mr. Sandman) and the son of night, the father of dreams both good and bad, and Death's goofy little brother, this jet black number was 1/5th of a sob story of 'unlucky black kittens' dropped off at the local Humane Society. Well, let the record show that, for all his faults, degenerate gambler Alpha Lackey is NOT superstitious :P

"I heard a knock, I heard a roar,
she said 'that's my husband at the door!'
I said 'I'm jumping out this window, he sounds vicious!'
she said 'but we're thirteen floors up!'
I said 'I'm not superstitious!'" - Benny Hill

304781571_10158868505931254_3927950018458528150_n.jpeg
301605755_10158868505906254_6170075928423769129_n.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad