Oshawa Generals 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part 1)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Barlow is not an OA so there’s absolutely ZERO need to get rid of an OA to accommodate him on the roster.

If Bedkowski is gone to acquire Barlow, it defies logic to also get rid of D’Amato and completely decimate the defence.

As I explained to you numerous times last year, there’s not a chance in hell that Oshawa keeps Luke Torrance instead of D’Amato as an OA. None whatsoever.

Torrance may return if Roobroeck makes the AHL, but there’s no possible chance of Torrance taking a roster spot from Oster, D’Amato or Roobroeck.
I think you need to tell roger hunt that because he’s been saying the opposite to other agents and gms

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
I think you need to tell roger hunt that because he’s been saying the opposite to other agents and gms

Let’s think it through logically.

If Owen Sound sells off Barlow, they’re clearly in rebuild mode. What possible sense would it make for them to take back an OA like D’Amato?

Similarly, if Oshawa brings in Barlow they’re obviously going all-in this year. Again, what possible sense would it make for them to go “all-in” and trade away two of their top four defensemen?

There’s a good chance that Oshawa includes a young defenseman like McDonnell and/or Rodriguez in a trade for Barlow, but they’re not going to sacrifice a pair of their top four defenseman to do it.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Let’s think it through logically.

If Owen Sound sells off Barlow, they’re clearly in rebuild mode. What possible sense would it make for them to take back an OA like D’Amato?

Similarly, if Oshawa brings in Barlow they’re obviously going all-in this year. Again, what possible sense would it make for them to go “all-in” and trade away two of their top four defensemen?

There’s a good chance that Oshawa includes a young defenseman like McDonnell and/or Rodriguez in a trade for Barlow, but they’re not going to sacrifice a pair of their top four defenseman to do it.
you misread, I’m the one that said Barlow isnt going for an 04, scroll up, trust me you’ll see that. And you’re wrong about the d going back, if it happens it’s not for spare parts D. generals updates posted something similar to the deal they are talking earlier

Secondly, talking about moving the current 04d for a playoff upgrade. Those talks have 100 percent happened. smith being one of the guys they targeted. You may not like it, but they you do or don’t like is kinda irrelevant

Last edited:

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
To me, if the Gens land Barlow and Smith in a deal that has D’Amato and Griffin (plus picks) moving out, that is a big move for this year. Oshawa gets the big and sturdy D-Man that allows the rest of the team to play bigger plus the elite scoring winger.

They would then just need that centre to replace Kumpalainen. That would be a daunting team to be sure.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
To me, if the Gens land Barlow and Smith in a deal that has D’Amato and Griffin (plus picks) moving out, that is a big move for this year. Oshawa gets the big and sturdy D-Man that allows the rest of the team to play bigger plus the elite scoring winger.

They would then just need that centre to replace Kumpalainen. That would be a daunting team to be sure.
right now I think it’s just Barlow. smith almost went to Oshawa a week ago but couldn’t figure out terms

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
I have heard no rumblings or rumors of Torrence being traded or Cut accept for this one individual.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Griffin, Bedowski, and pick((s)) would be more than Brampton paid for Rehkopf while removing useful players from the roster; I don’t think I would do that.

Reactions: Section5Petes

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
Griffin, Bedowski, and pick((s)) would be more than Brampton paid for Rehkopf while removing useful players from the roster; I don’t think I would do that.

I’m glad I’m not the only one to recognize how laughably lopsided these ridiculous “rumours” are.

You might see Brady Smith and McDonnell plus picks traded for Barlow, but Oshawa isn’t going to overpay that badly for Barlow - - regardless of what some kooks are “hearing” from a friend of a friend’s neighbour.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
I’m glad I’m not the only one to recognize how laughably lopsided these ridiculous “rumours” are.

You might see Brady Smith and McDonnell plus picks traded for Barlow, but Oshawa isn’t going to overpay that badly for Barlow - - regardless of what some kooks are “hearing” from a friend of a friend’s neighbour.
lol take a look at my past, last time I got a reply like that was Leander’s to Brantford. you can ask Roger hunt why he is considering trading these players you say he’s not.

this isn’t my opinion, these are the players being discussed. you can be as dismissive and hot take hyperbolic as you like, but I’m generally pretty bang on with theis still, so if you do t like what I’m posting,?don’t look T me, look to those talking .

Actually, I got a bit of the same response when I said Guindon for picks to Kingston weeks before it happened and with the flint Sudbury trade as well.

If they ageee to the trade your gonna be so mad lol, they’re not talking smith or those depth d….

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
lol take a look at my past, last time I got a reply like that was Leander’s to Brantford. you can ask Roger hunt why he is considering trading these players you say he’s not.

this isn’t my opinion, these are the players being discussed. you can be as dismissive and hot take hyperbolic as you like, but I’m generally pretty bang on with theis still, so if you do t like what I’m posting,?don’t look T me, look to those talking .

Actually, I got a bit of the same response when I said Guindon for picks to Kingston weeks before it happened and with the flint Sudbury trade as well.

If they ageee to the trade your gonna be so mad lol, they’re not talking smith or those depth d….
Careful now. Assuming I know who your talking about, it's either their way or the highway. You aren't allow to prove them wrong or have a difference of opinion.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Careful now. Assuming I know who your talking about, it's either their way or the highway. You aren't allow to prove them wrong or have a difference of opinion.
this is easy thou. I know tfw names Owen sound and Oshawa are talking about. So when it happens, if it happens, there’s only three players they have been mentioned going from Oshawa to Owen sound she it’s none of the guys he mentioned. If it happens, his hot take hyperbole will be meaningless.

smith’s family’s moved to Oshawa with the promise that he would stick the year out there, so unless Roger is a lier, and I don’t think he is, he won’t be moved

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Come to think of it the ice dog fans called me an idiot for saying frolov was going to flint for bertucci as well lol

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
You nailed that deal, as you have nailed a bunch that I have followed. I don't understand how people doubt you at all on here. If people pay attention at all they would know.
Thank you

I think it’s just a kid who likes to pump his own tires and be a loudmouth on here. If the Barlow deal moves forward with Oshawa he will find a way to say he knew it all along I’m sure.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
You nailed that deal, as you have nailed a bunch that I have followed. I don't understand how people doubt you at all on here. If people pay attention at all they would know.
When I first came on here I had no clue who the guy was and I doubted him. I believe I’ve been on for 2 years and every single time he’s pretty bang on. Reminds me of the old OHL Insider guy on Twitter. 9 times out of 10 he’s right.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
When I first came on here I had no clue who the guy was and I doubted him. I believe I’ve been on for 2 years and every single time he’s pretty bang on. Reminds me of the old OHL Insider guy on Twitter. 9 times out of 10 he’s right.
thank you

I only post age comment when I know for sure it’s true. I know for sure who would be min this trade if it happens, it’s not gonna be healthy scratches and 16 year olds

Barrie trade was a young player with lots of upside, good player now and picks.

sounds like Oshawa is working to match it while Barrie draggs its feet

Reactions: frontsfan67 and MJ5

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
thank you

I only post age comment when I know for sure it’s true. I know for sure who would be min this trade if it happens, it’s not gonna be healthy scratches and 16 year olds

Barrie trade was a young player with lots of upside, good player now and picks.

sounds like Oshawa is working to match it while Barrie draggs its feet
Meanwhile the teams in the west twiddle their thumbs! Haha. Gonna be nobody left come to the deadline. Never seen such big name guys be dealt/probably going before the season even starts!

Also if anyone doubts your info after the last year on here that's a them problem, haha. Easily most reliable on here/in the OHL.

Reactions: frontsfan67

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Meanwhile the teams in the west twiddle their thumbs! Haha. Gonna be nobody left come to the deadline. Never seen such big name guys be dealt/probably going before the season even starts!

Also if anyone doubts your info after the last year on here that's a them problem, haha. Easily most reliable on here/in the OHL.
Double edged soars with Barlow. If he doesn’t get moved he’s going to look awful for. Not reporting. Owen sound won’t give him away either. Barrie doesn’t seem to have much urgency. I can see Mississauga making a push as well after the goalie trade.

I think if Oshawa wants him, and they seem to, they can get it done quickly. Just have to match the price.

Reactions: StingUpdates

Donnie740

May 28, 2021

I have little to no respect for people who regurgitate information they’ve been spoon fed and then pretend to be “insiders”. Critical thinking and formulating your own analysis would be much more impressive.

Take a look at my past and you’ll see where I pointed out there was ZERO possibility of Brampton/Mississauga trading Ivankovic this year. And during the Sudbury series last year, I put out the idea of Leenders being traded in the off season.

Or how I explained there was no way in hell Colin Fitzgerald wouldn’t sign with his hometown Petes so he could go play in the States with a bunch of CHL washouts.

And my favourite - - when I called out how asinine the initial draft ranking from “insider” Craig Buttons had Beckett Sennecke at the bottom of the 1st round and Luca Marrelli going a dozen picks ahead of Ben Danford in the 2nd round.

It was obvious that either Buttons hadn’t actually watched any Oshawa games or that he had no clue what he was looking at. Possibly both.

I trusted my analysis of those three Oshawa players way more than the nonsensical drivel of an “insider” like Buttons.

Kristina Hazzard

Oct 5, 2021
I have little to no respect for people who regurgitate information they’ve been spoon fed and then pretend to be “insiders”. Critical thinking and formulating your own analysis would be much more impressive.

Take a look at my past and you’ll see where I pointed out there was ZERO possibility of Brampton/Mississauga trading Ivankovic this year. And during the Sudbury series last year, I put out the idea of Leenders being traded in the off season.

Or how I explained there was no way in hell Colin Fitzgerald wouldn’t sign with his hometown Petes so he could go play in the States with a bunch of CHL washouts.

And my favourite - - when I called out how asinine the initial draft ranking from “insider” Craig Buttons had Beckett Sennecke at the bottom of the 1st round and Luca Marrelli going a dozen picks ahead of Ben Danford in the 2nd round.

It was obvious that either Buttons hadn’t actually watched any Oshawa games or that he had no clue what he was looking at. Possibly both.

I trusted my analysis of those three Oshawa players way more than the nonsensical drivel of an “insider” like Buttons.
Offer Owen griffin is probably done deal 😂

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017

Sorry wrf does this have to do with Colby Barlow????? Lol

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
Just like how Sports et fired Joke Marek because he was spoon feeding some gimp information on which player was about to be drafted so the gimp could tweet it out before the picks were formally announced.

What an embarrassment.

Was anyone dumb enough to be impressed by the gimp’s tweets regurgitating what he was spoon fed? Especially when it was third-hand vomit from Joke Marek who also had to be spoon fed.

• Haha
Reactions: TuckerFan1

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
Sorry wrf does this have to do with Colby Barlow????? Lol

It was in response to your laughable attempt at pumping your own tires in Post #311 - - which, incidentally, had little to nothing to do with Colby Barlow.

Let’s be honest - - your “predictions” are nothing more than information you’ve been spoon fed by others. I’m not the least bit impressed by that. Some people might be, but I value critical thought and solid analysis much more than someone parroting what they’ve been told.

In actuality, I’m amused at your delusion of grandeur.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad