Oshawa Generals 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part 1)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
Yeah it’s pretty soft on here. We’re all adults. Anybody crying to mods needs to get off the internet.
Also cause some users on here like to belittle others for having a difference of opinion. If you think differently then them, they move to childish insults.

As you said, we are adults talking about youth hockey. It's never that deep.

Reactions: frontsfan67

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Also cause some users on here like to belittle others for having a difference of opinion. If you think differently then them, they move to childish insults.

As you said, we are adults talking about youth hockey. It's never that deep.
I always thought that was funny. Sometimes I have a difference in opinion from others here and I get looked at like I have 3 heads for my own opinion just cause I don’t go with the crowd.

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
I always thought that was funny. Sometimes I have a difference in opinion from others here and I get looked at like I have 3 heads for my own opinion just cause I don’t go with the crowd.
I just laugh honestly. At the same time, I'm glad this board is firing up, it means hockey is around the corner!

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
Not sure if anyone else went to the intra-squad game tonight - - here’s my observations from it:

Svozil looks a bit smaller than I was expecting but he threw a really nice open ice hit in the 1st. He was too casual with the puck and that’s going to be something to watch against better competition.

Sabourin did not look very good at all. Gave up five goals in his 30mins.

Franssen nice drop pass to set up the 5th goal.

Kassius Peters had two really nice goals as well as a big hit on Griffin in the 3rd. He’s undersized and I doubt he makes the team out of camp, but I was impressed with his game.

Brady Smith was stopped on a 1st period breakaway and he had several good chances in the 3rd.

Owen Griffin was flying all over the ice skating circles around everyone.

Delisle had three picture-perfect set ups in the 2nd period but his line mates couldn’t manage to -tap it into the open net.

Rogowski is huge. Not just tall but also filled out well for a 16yr old.

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
Not sure if anyone else went to the intra-squad game tonight - - here’s my observations from it:

Svozil looks a bit smaller than I was expecting but he threw a really nice open ice hit in the 1st. He was too casual with the puck and that’s going to be something to watch against better competition.

Sabourin did not look very good at all. Gave up five goals in his 30mins.

Franssen nice drop pass to set up the 5th goal.

Kassius Peters had two really nice goals as well as a big hit on Griffin in the 3rd. He’s undersized and I doubt he makes the team out of camp, but I was impressed with his game.

Brady Smith was stopped on a 1st period breakaway and he had several good chances in the 3rd.

Owen Griffin was flying all over the ice skating circles around everyone.

Delisle had three picture-perfect set ups in the 2nd period but his line mates couldn’t manage to -tap it into the open net.

Rogowski is huge. Not just tall but also filled out well for a 16yr old.
That’s promising to hear on Griffin.

ScoutLife4

Nov 28, 2023
Someone reported me for the Sudbury suspension report citing it was inaccurate and 3 days after they gave me a forum warning the suspension went public on national news Lol.

• Haha

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Someone reported me for the Sudbury suspension report citing it was inaccurate and 3 days after they gave me a forum warning the suspension went public on national news Lol.

I jokingly insulted Panwar before one game and he scored a hat trick. So I kept the joke going and would insult him before every game to keep Panwar’s streak alive. One of the Petes fans thought I was being serious and reported me. I got banned for something like 6 weeks. People thought I died!

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
I jokingly insulted Panwar before one game and he scored a hat trick. So I kept the joke going and would insult him before every game to keep Panwar’s streak alive. One of the Petes fans thought I was being serious and reported me. I got banned for something like 6 weeks. People thought I died!
Petes are the best!

Reactions: OHL4Life

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
IMG_2362.jpeg

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
Not sure what the purpose of this trade was. I don’t see O’Toole even being ahead of McDonnell or Rodriguez in the depth chart.

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
Not sure what the purpose of this trade was. I don’t see O’Toole even being ahead of McDonnell or Rodriguez in the depth
Will probably end up like McDonnell and Rodriguez last season. Might get in a few games early on this season. I guess too much depth can’t hurt.

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
The top five spots on defense are already locked up - - Danford, D’Amato, Luca Marrelli, Bedkowski and Sandhu.

So it depends on how they view Svozil for the sixth spot. During the scrimmage that I watched, he seemed a bit nonchalant with the puck and had a few giveaways. He could recover against the competition during the scrimmage, but once the games start against OHL-level competition that kind of play is going to cost Oshawa goals.

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
if they get Barlow an 04 isn’t going to be in the deal
Oh i know. Sorry, It comes across that way as I said it. D'Amato would be out in another trade. Barlow would cost a combination of Griffin/Bedkowski or Delisle plus picks directly to OS.

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
Oh i know. Sorry, It comes across that way as I said it. D'Amato would be out in another trade. Barlow would cost a combination of Griffin/Bedkowski or Delisle plus picks directly to OS.

Barlow is not an OA so there’s absolutely ZERO need to get rid of an OA to accommodate him on the roster.

If Bedkowski is gone to acquire Barlow, it defies logic to also get rid of D’Amato and completely decimate the defence.

As I explained to you numerous times last year, there’s not a chance in hell that Oshawa keeps Luke Torrance instead of D’Amato as an OA. None whatsoever.

Torrance may return if Roobroeck makes the AHL, but there’s no possible chance of Torrance taking a roster spot from Oster, D’Amato or Roobroeck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad