OOT Scoreboard 2023-24 playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey

Largely I’m in agreement that the Conn Smythe should go to someone on the winning team. But what McDavid is doing is approaching unprecedented levels. I don’t know how you can make an argument for anyone on Florida deserving it over him.

When it came to Giguere, you could make a very reasonable case for Marty. There is no Panther that I think makes a reasonable case in this situation.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

Largely I’m in agreement that the Conn Smythe should go to someone on the winning team. But what McDavid is doing is approaching unprecedented levels. I don’t know how you can make an argument for anyone on Florida deserving it over him.

When it came to Giguere, you could make a very reasonable case for Marty. There is no Panther that I think makes a reasonable case in this situation.
Yeah I could be wrong but I don't think even Panther fans would have an issue over McDavid winning the Smythe. Then again it'd be amusing if the Panthers did win Game 7 at home and the fans booed him, all the people who thought only we would boo in that situation would have to go scratch.

Reactions: Better Call Sal

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey

Fun to look back on this now with some advanced stats to show how good Giguere was that whole playoff. But Marty was really strong in his own right and I think certainly had enough of a case to win it.

Even more amusing is looking back at how awful Dan Cloutier was. :laugh:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
From source: If Oilers win game 6, game 7 would not be till Tuesday, September 4th.

Jesus.
I mean it might not END till then but come on now lol...they aren't literally going to jump the shark and change a schedule in the middle of a series, the three day wait is bad enough.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I mean that would be beyond dumb to change it, especially when they have the damn stage to themselves now, the NBA did them a favor by getting off the stage earlier. Does Monday conflict with a Caitlin Clark national TV game or something? (I'm only half being sarcastic here)

Quick self-check, no there isn't...I don't even see what the big deal is playing Tuesday over Monday apart from thinking one more day of HYPE is going to matter, no NBA, no WNBA that anyone cares about, Monday in MLB isn't a big TV sweepstakes night.

Reactions: My3Sons

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Not sure why some people are rooting for the already long-enough offseason to start already when we could still have two more really good games of hockey and one of the best Finals series we've seen in a while. Yes, the 2 off days between games is really dragging this series out a bit, but it's also producing better hockey with better rested, healthier players than we usually see in a Finals - especially considering the long travel between cities.

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
Not sure why some people are rooting for the already long-enough offseason to start already when we could still have two more really good games of hockey and one of the best Finals series we've seen in a while. Yes, the 2 off days between games is really dragging this series out a bit, but it's also producing better hockey with better rested, healthier players than we usually see in a Finals - especially considering the long travel between cities.

It's fantastic imo. Rested, healthier players is better for everyone.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
I mean that would be beyond dumb to change it, especially when they have the damn stage to themselves now, the NBA did them a favor by getting off the stage earlier. Does Monday conflict with a Caitlin Clark national TV game or something? (I'm only half being sarcastic here)

Quick self-check, no there isn't...I don't even see what the big deal is playing Tuesday over Monday apart from thinking one more day of HYPE is going to matter, no NBA, no WNBA that anyone cares about, Monday in MLB isn't a big TV sweepstakes night.

I think you may have missed the month in that original comment in rescheduling game 7 lolol

Its Always Sundstrom

Among the optimists.
Sponsor
Dec 1, 2019
No team simply beats Adam Henrique in 5 games in the Stanley Cup Finals
IMG_3462.gif

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

Could you imagine scoring in the playoffs alone what several NHL players career high point total is? Absolutely bonkers.

forceten

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2004
Raleigh, NC
He's 5 points from tying and 6 from breaking the record Gretzky has of most points in a playoff season. The way he's been playing he can totally do it if this goes 7.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
I’ll say this…I don’t think the panthers are winning the cup if they lose tonight. In fact I can see them getting trounced in a game 7. It’s just way too much pressure at that point, they’d be staring at the single greatest collapse in hockey history and I don’t see how McDavid gets denied in that scenario.

That would also easily be the single most dramatic game in nhl history.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
What I think is hilarious in all of this is last week Skinner was the bum that was going to lose the Oilers a cup.... until McDavid woke up and that narrative got put away for awhile. :laugh:

Hardly anyone would dare say the truth...the Oilers were down 3-0 because McDavid was invisible.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
What I think is hilarious in all of this is last week Skinner was the bum that was going to lose the Oilers a cup.... until McDavid woke up and that narrative got put away for awhile. :laugh:

Hardly anyone would dare say the truth...the Oilers were down 3-0 because McDavid was invisible.
I think that's definitely true for the most part. They were down 3-0 because they weren't getting enough from him. They weren't scoring hardly anything.

The one game I put on Skinner was game 3. He gave up a couple of questionable goals in that, including one where he gave it right away for an easy goal. I think if he plays better they at least get that game to OT. I don't think he deserves any blame for games 1 and 2, nor do I think he did anything wrong in those games.

However, he had a few shaky moments in game 5. That game looked like it was gonna end up either in OT or with the Panthers winning in regulation at a few points later in that game. He basically gave it away last game too, but it wasn't much less noticeable and didn't directly lead to the goal.

I don't have any trust in him, but I did pick Edmonton to win this series in 7 games.

But after going down 3 games to 0 I didn't think they were winning. I didn't even count them out after 2-0, but 3-0 I did.

If they somehow win tonight then things do get interesting for game 7.

Reactions: JimEIV

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I think that's definitely true for the most part. They were down 3-0 because they weren't getting enough from him. They weren't scoring hardly anything.

The one game I put on Skinner was game 3. He gave up a couple of questionable goals in that, including one where he gave it right away for an easy goal. I think if he plays better they at least get that game to OT. I don't think he deserves any blame for games 1 and 2, nor do I think he did anything wrong in those games.

However, he had a few shaky moments in game 5. That game looked like it was gonna end up either in OT or with the Panthers winning in regulation at a few points later in that game. He basically gave it away last game too, but it wasn't much less noticeable and didn't directly lead to the goal.

I don't have any trust in him, but I did pick Edmonton to win this series in 7 games.

But after going down 3 games to 0 I didn't think they were winning. I didn't even count them out after 2-0, but 3-0 I did.

If they somehow win tonight then things do get interesting for game 7.
It just seemed to me s lot of people were twisting themselves into pretzels to avoid talking about the lack of production from Edmonton's big two during the first 3 games... I'm not really making any assessment on Skinner....just the pundits that were too afraid to make an honest analysis.

Reactions: Bleedred
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad