OOT Scoreboard 2023-24 playoffs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I’ll say this…I don’t think the panthers are winning the cup if they lose tonight. In fact I can see them getting trounced in a game 7. It’s just way too much pressure at that point, they’d be staring at the single greatest collapse in hockey history and I don’t see how McDavid gets denied in that scenario.

That would also easily be the single most dramatic game in nhl history.
If this does go to a game 7 I think this would definitely be the most dramatic game in NHL history. Because this would only be the third time a team has come back from 3-0 down to force a game 7 in the finals. And the first two times were in 1942 and 1945. The game is much more accessible now since almost no one could watch the game on TV back then and there was no such thing as streaming. 1942 was the only time a reverse sweep happened in the cup finals.

THG on youtube did a video yesterday on how many times a 3-0 series wound up going to a game 7.

I think it's been 9 times. 4 times the team that was down 3-0 came back to complete the reverse sweep. That's almost half. So a team blowing a 3-0 series and ending up in game 7 is something that I think rattles a team.

A few of those instances were long ago, before any of us were living.

The last time it happened where there was a game 7 was in 2014 with the Kings/Sharks, and I think we all remember the Kings won it after being down 3-0.

It happened 2 times in 2011, but the team that was up 3-0 won game 7 in both instances. The Sharks blew a 3-0 lead to the Red Wings in the second round, but did win game 7. The Canucks blew a 3-0 series lead to the Blackhawks that year in the first round. Chicago came all the way back, only to lose game 7 in OT, no less.

Of course there was also the 2010 series between Boston and Philly, which was also a reverse sweep.

I think there's still a good chance the Panthers win tonight, but they're in some trouble if they don't end this tonight.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
People were crediting Bob before ‘blaming’ McDavid for not doing the job early but yes if the series ended 4-0 or 4-1 without him doing much he would have been ripped eventually.

Reactions: Guttersniped

FinnishDevil

Dec 6, 2013
Finland
I think I’m fine with one more game after tonight.

This thing has gone on long enough, what’s another 2 whole days?
Massive amount of complaining from everyone (dont mean here) lately that season is too long or you cant play while its summer. What the f***. We have one of the better finals in recent memory going on and people go and complain they wont watch cause they're gonna be on their boat or some shit. Some hockey fans they are.

(make the season shorter sure, but I never cared how long the season runs)

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016
wtf is this media coverage.

"don't think about what time practice is. Just focus on hockey"

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Florida went from looking unbeatable to looking like shit on a shingle🙄

I thought the Oilers were arguably the better team in every single game. They were just botching every opportunity making bob look a lot better than he was actually playing.

Reactions: Kerberos
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad