OOT Scoreboard 2023-24 playoffs

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Rangers got outscored 4-2 over the first two games of the ECF despite being the best regular season team and having home ice advantage. I won’t say they’re cooked because anything’s possible with Shesterkin vs Bobrovsky, but they’re gonna have a tough time.

if that one guy late in the third didn't pull a mark fayne and miss the wide open net there its 2-1 panthers with like 8mins left

Camille the Eel

Yeah, I'm not too worried just yet; Rangers came out strong to start last night, but the Panthers answered after about 10 minutes and were the better team most of the rest of regulation, but clearly tired out in OT because man, the puck was in their end nearly the entire time.

Still, a tired-looking Panthers team took until OT to lose a 2-1 game, and I felt they pretty much played a perfect stereotypical playoff road game in game 1 and really looked like the better team. Now they get to go home and have home ice in what's effectively a best of five, I'll take it.
the caveat being they played less well at home than on the road in the last series and maybe against Tampa too. But, Shesterkin playing on his head excepted, they should win this series.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Rangers got outscored 4-2 over the first two games of the ECF despite being the best regular season team and having home ice advantage. I won’t say they’re cooked because anything’s possible with Shesterkin vs Bobrovsky, but they’re gonna have a tough time.
It would be nice if they can try to win a game that isn’t by 2-1 or 1-0. That looked like the game plan both games for them. The Rangers are gonna be on the winning end of that type of game more often that not.

Reactions: My3Sons

FinnishDevil

Dec 6, 2013
Finland

1f440.png

Reactions: Guttersniped

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
The Oilers look incredible this period, this was my worry if I was the stars fan of the Edmonton stars just taking over a series after a close call v Vancouver. It happens all the time in the playoffs.

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The Oilers look incredible this period, this was my worry if I was the stars fan of the Edmonton stars just taking over a series after a close call v Vancouver. It happens all the time in the playoffs.
Florida has the ability to play like this, though of course they're not as fast. Who is? We probably were last year, certainly not this one we weren't.

But they'll continue Mauricepuck and ''Defensive hockey''.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Florida has the ability to play like this, though of course they're not as fast. Who is? We probably were last year, certainly not this one we weren't.

But they'll continue Mauricepuck and ''Defensive hockey''.

Florida plays the right system for their roster, doesn't help Tkachuk/Reinhart have been meh this playoffs.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Florida plays the right system for their roster, doesn't help Tkachuk/Reinhart have been meh this playoffs.
I think they can open it up. They haven't done that for a couple of weeks now.

Since game 5 against Boston it's like they don't think they can ring up the score on Swayman and Shesterkin, so they've been playing to gut out low scoring wins.

And they're not even ringing up the shots either like they were prior to that game 5. Haven't even hit 30 shots since the 3 goal on 41 shots in game 4 against Boston.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
What are the odds we see Pickard again in this series? I'm thinking pretty good.

Edmonton is the better team of these two.

Skinner is by far the inferior goalie. And I'm no Oettinger fanboy or truther.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Holy smokes...

Did anyone just hear what Wayne Gretzky just said on TNT?

"There's a difference between hurt and injured. This is the Stanley Cup playoffs; if you're hurt you play if you are injured you don't "

Maybe the best Gretzky quote in the last 20 years.

Isn’t that just a well-known cliche?

After teams are eliminated or the Finals are over we get the list of injuries guys played through.

And these are injuries. Sometimes they have surgery for them. “Injuries” here just mean something that prevents a player from taking the ice.

Landeskog hadn’t played a single game since Game 6 in 2022 vs Tampa, but at least he won the whole thing. I would say he was injured.

In 2020-21, Not only did Shea Weber play with a lot of pain, he dressed early for games and practices so others wouldn’t see how injured he was. (And he didn’t win it all.)

Gallagher said much the same thing in July, how he was happy for Weber that he would no longer have to go through the painful process of getting ready to play, or even practice, every day. How Weber would arrive at the rink hours before practice to get prepared, doing so because he didn’t want his teammates or anyone other than the trainers to know how difficult it was.
link

How early?

For Corey Perry, it started innocently enough. A friendly competition. A motivational boost. The objective: Beat the Canadiens captain to practice. The problem? Beating Shea Weber at anything is exceedingly difficult.

Over the course of the 2020-21 season — Perry’s only campaign in Montreal and, as of now, the last season in which Weber played a game — he jockeyed for position, showing up at the Canadiens’ practice facility in Brossard or the Bell Centre earlier and earlier.

Eventually, they were routinely getting to the rink a full three hours before they had to take the ice — sometimes as early as 7:30 a.m. Caffeine was necessary.

“I couldn’t beat him to the arena. I tried,” Perry said, laughing. “He’s just always one of the first guys there, one of the last guys to leave. He’s always hanging around the younger guys, the older guys. Everybody just gravitates toward him. When you have a guy like that on your team that’s leading by example and doing all the right things, that’s the ‘ultimate pro’ to me.”

The Canadiens’ run to the Stanley Cup Final that year was arguably the highlight of Weber’s NHL career. Until then, he had never been on a team that made it past the second round of the playoffs. That year, he fought through injuries, averaging 22:42 of ice time per game in the pandemic-shortened season — the fourth-lowest of his career.

But he suited up for all 22 Canadiens playoff games, averaged 25 minutes, 13 seconds of ice time per game and, even in a somewhat diminished form, he was still his usual nasty, physically imposing, two-way presence.

After the playoffs, it was reported Weber’s career was in jeopardy with lingering knee, foot and ankle injuries. During the playoffs, he wore a brace on his left hand.
Link

It’s always amazing to hear what some of these guys played through, Weber sticks with me.

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
Why do people think this?

McDavid will not go cupless in his career. There’s a better chance his career comes to an unfortunate ending before he’s 30 years old than him having a long career that’s cupless.

That doesn’t mean that cup will come in Edmonton. It could come elsewhere. But he will win one and Edmonton has as good of a chance as anyone as long as he’s there.
Definitely agree. In sports most generational players usual win a championship, especially in hockey. It could be this year. The Oiler’s and Dallas are definitely more entertaining than the Rangers and Florida except for the physical aspect. But I sure get bored with their play.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I think they can open it up. They haven't done that for a couple of weeks now.

Since game 5 against Boston it's like they don't think they can ring up the score on Swayman and Shesterkin, so they've been playing to gut out low scoring wins.

And they're not even ringing up the shots either like they were prior to that game 5. Haven't even hit 30 shots since the 3 goal on 41 shots in game 4 against Boston.
They steamrolled Boston, then won game 1 vs Rag's and took game 2 to OT. Why would they change things up?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad