OOT Scoreboard 2023-24 playoffs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ..... oh f*** it. Too many to count.

1717344644902.png

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Bob was really good, I don't think the game 2 OT goal, nor any of the goals in game 3 were bad. Especially when put into the broader perspective. They may not have come from the big names, but they were all very nice goals scored by the rag's.
I thought the game 2 OT winner was meh. It wasn’t terrible though. I think other people in this thread thought it was actually worse than I did. It’s whatever. There’s no use in even talking about that anymore with the way this series went.

He gave them a chance. I don’t think Andersen gave his team much of a chance. I thought he sucked in every game. I’m pretty sure the one game where he only allowed one goal in that series, that one goal was worse than anything Bob has allowed in the 2024 playoffs.

I do think Florida has the better roster than Carolina. But Carolina scored more on Igor than Florida did, yet they still lost in the same number of games as the Rangers lost in the next series, with Igor playing even better. I think Andersen had a lot to do with that.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think game 6 might have been the best game the Panthers played in the entire series.

The guys on the intermission were saying it felt more like a 4-0 or 5-0 game going into the 3rd, rather than a 1-0 game. I didn’t think it felt that out of reach, but it felt like 3-0 or so.

The Panthers had pretty lackluster 1st periods in games 4 and 5, but not so much last night.

I’m thinking my assessment that they were out of gas and drained wasn’t accurate, but it was more what @Camille the Eel said about them being a bit lacking confidence in game 4 due to getting Igor’d for 2.5 straight games + OT’s/2 OT losses in a row coming into that game.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Fast, attacking, supportive

View attachment 878763
He still didn’t even have eyebrows even back when he still had hair on his head.
I never knew he had had hair.
Neither did I, mostly because he hardly even had eyebrows. And even when he had hair on his head, his eyebrows were still hardly even eyebrows.

I’ve seen a picture of him with hair before, but I think that was the first time seeing that particularly pic.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
I think game 6 might have been the best game the Panthers played in the entire series.

The guys on the intermission were saying it felt more like a 4-0 or 5-0 game going into the 3rd, rather than a 1-0 game. I didn’t think it felt that out of reach, but it felt like 3-0 or so.

The Panthers had pretty lackluster 1st periods in games 4 and 5, but not so much last night.

I’m thinking my assessment that they were out of gas and drained wasn’t accurate, but it was more what @Camille the Eel said about them being a bit lacking confidence in game 4 due to getting Igor’d for 2.5 straight games + OT’s/2 OT losses in a row coming into that game.
I thought the Rangers had the better of the play the first 15 minutes of the game. Panthers had a few defensive zone turnovers and a lot of one and done trips into the Rangers zone. Then they finally got a shift where they were able to get the Rangers to turn the puck over a few times in their own zone and then started to get some neutral zone turnovers late the period and got the goal. The Panthers third period was pretty much perfect outside the final 2 minutes.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010

I thought that was an example of the Rag's trying to come out strong, but Florida absorbing that initial push before taking the game over.

Love that "room for improvement".

Reactions: Guttersniped

Alex NJD

Apr 28, 2015
Parsippany, New Jersey
Spent a little while scrolling through the Rags board, twitter and reddit last night (couldn't help myself). Some of my favorites

-Rags fans thinking they can just move all of their NMC guys for basically free
-That they can tear it down and rebuild and be a contender again in 2026 (another top 5 winger and norris level dman force their way to NY again?)
-Lots of bending over backwards to defend Kreider but stomp on Panarin
-Argument between 2 guys about whether Miller was their best dman these playoffs or that he should be traded for picks this offseason
-Playing Rempe more was the key to winning against Florida
-Kakko complaining (almost feel bad for the kid)
-One guy saying their top prospect "Otthinger" will fix their top line issues next season

And my favorite
A doomer argument whether their window is already closed or has 1-2 more years where one guy replied verbatim "It's pointless we're screwed anyways if Carolina or Jersey find real goalies"

EDIT: Just saw the main board post about how Florida only scored 5 legit goals during the series, that is gold

The Wumpus

bottomless pit supervisor
May 9, 2011
Morristown, NJ
Spent a little while scrolling through the Rags board, twitter and reddit last night (couldn't help myself). Some of my favorites

-That they can tear it down and rebuild and be a contender again in 2026 (another top 5 winger and norris level dman force their way to NY again?)
-Argument between 2 guys about whether Miller was their best dman these playoffs or that he should be traded for picks this offseason
-One guy saying their top prospect "Otthinger" will fix their top line issues next season

And my favorite
A doomer argument whether their window is already closed or has 1-2 more years where one guy replied verbatim "It's pointless we're screwed anyways if Carolina or Jersey find real goalies"

EDIT: Just saw the main board post about how Florida only scored 5 legit goals during the series, that is gold
I'm not even sure we hate their team as much as they do

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020

And my favorite

He's overrated, he's the dman version of Zacha. All the tools + no IQ

Camille the Eel

The way the Panthers learned to beat the Rangers 1 – 3 – 1 trap so as consistently to enter their zone with possession as the series went on was interesting. After making some bad turnovers in the middle of the ice against it early in the series (one for a goal by Trochek in the first couple games where Lafreniere nailed one of the Panthers to separate him from the puck) they made their zone exits and entries along the boards. Could be, conceptually, that getting through the three guys in center ice and then past the one in the far end, the weak spot is wide.

For breaking out of their own end Florida seemed to utilize a series of short lateral exit passes almost in leapfrog fashion. One guy would get the puck along thir own boards and kick it to another player up closer to the blue line, still on their boards. That guy would then make a short lateral pass to another Panther skating past out of their end, possibly the initial guy who was now heading up ice after kicking the puck forward. They would then often repeat this sequence one more time in center ice, still keeping wide, to deliver it laterally to the player who’d either skate the puck in or throw it into the opposite corner for a guy flying in to start a conventional cycle and forecheck. They were very disciplined as to this, which required everyone on their unit to be on the same page. As the series went on, they thus consistently entered the Rags zone with possession.

Could be I'm misdescribing the method to some degree but that's the general idea of what it looked on TV. Short lateral passes, exit and enter along the boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad