OOT Scoreboard 2023-24 playoffs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
LOL, room for improvement....None....absolutely ridiculous and hilarious. I expect him to want out or they trade him.

Again, can you imagine if we took Nolan Patrick and Kakko?
I think he'll be good somewhere else. I kind of feel bad for him after years of laughing at and mocking the ''Plays against men'' meme.

He may not be as good as he was projected to be, but I think some team like Colorado or Vegas can rehab him and tap something out of him.

I regrettably was Team Nolan Patrick in 2017, but I was always Team Jack Hughes in 2019.

vtdevils2k

"Lets Go Baby!"
Dec 16, 2013
Virginia
I think he'll be good somewhere else. I kind of feel bad for him after years of laughing at and mocking the ''Plays against men'' meme.

He may not be as good as he was projected to be, but I think some team like Colorado or Vegas can rehab him and tap something out of him.

I regrettably was Team Nolan Patrick in 2017, but I was always Team Jack Hughes in 2019.
Kakko from what I remember got a lot of hype because of the world championships or whatever you call that tournament along with Mckenzie and TSN.

I agree, I think he needs to go somewhere else where the pressure isn't as high as NY. Colorado, Vegas, Anaheim, and even NJ too wouldn't be bad....just too much hype.

Glad the rangers missed though!

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Did Ren and Stimpy (that’s what my brother calls Rempe lol) play last night?

whats this about rempe?

Screen Shot 2024-06-02 at 4.22.58 PM.png

...and no, he didn't play last night

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
Lafreniere is an RFA. I wonder how much he expects to get paid vs what the Rags are going to offer him. They are probably best off giving him a 2 year deal than going all in afterward when the cap goes up.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Did Ren and Stimpy (that’s what my brother calls Rempe lol) play last night?
He didn't, and I thought it was obvious he wasn't going to play because his ice time in game 5 was the third shortest of his career. I can't remember if it was 2 minutes and change or 3 minutes and change? I wanna say it was 2:43 or something in that game.

His only two games of less icetime were the 4 second game and like a 20-something second game, both against us.:laugh:

Alex NJD

Apr 28, 2015
Parsippany, New Jersey
It is strange that he is a guy with almost zero emotional impact on the game and gets bullied on the boards often. Total opposite of how he was sold in 2019. Must be a personality thing or something else going on.
I think it's their player development. Last 10 years they haven't developed a single top 6 forward until Laf this year, 4 years for a #1 overall pick who was sold as a tier below generational. Kakko, Kravstov, Andersson all busts/flops picked in the top 10

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
He didn't, and I thought it was obvious he wasn't going to play because his ice time in game 5 was the third shortest of his career. I can't remember if it was 2 minutes and change or 3 minutes and change? I wanna say it was 2:43 or something in that game.

His only two games of less icetime were the 4 second game and like a 20-something second game, both against us.:laugh:
Oof what a waste of a spot, I can’t believe he actually played at all.

Shakir ONeal

Jimmy Hughes
Sep 21, 2017
The way the Panthers learned to beat the Rangers 1 – 3 – 1 trap so as consistently to enter their zone with possession as the series went on was interesting. After making some bad turnovers in the middle of the ice against it early in the series (one for a goal by Trochek in the first couple games where Lafreniere nailed one of the Panthers to separate him from the puck) they made their zone exits and entries along the boards. Could be, conceptually, that getting through the three guys in center ice and then past the one in the far end, the weak spot is wide.

For breaking out of their own end Florida seemed to utilize a series of short lateral exit passes almost in leapfrog fashion. One guy would get the puck along thir own boards and kick it to another player up closer to the blue line, still on their boards. That guy would then make a short lateral pass to another Panther skating past out of their end, possibly the initial guy who was now heading up ice after kicking the puck forward. They would then often repeat this sequence one more time in center ice, still keeping wide, to deliver it laterally to the player who’d either skate the puck in or throw it into the opposite corner for a guy flying in to start a conventional cycle and forecheck. They were very disciplined as to this, which required everyone on their unit to be on the same page. As the series went on, they thus consistently entered the Rags zone with possession.

Could be I'm misdescribing the method to some degree but that's the general idea of what it looked on TV. Short lateral passes, exit and enter along the boards.
Obviously Florida is in a tier of their own, but hopefully that puts the book on how to slow them down and they aren’t as dominant next year. I know they will still be at least a good regular season team with the powerplay

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
It is strange that he is a guy with almost zero emotional impact on the game and gets bullied on the boards often. Total opposite of how he was sold in 2019. Must be a personality thing or something else going on.
Scouts don’t know stuff. In retrospect it was a weak draft after Jack, so players got overhyped. The Rangers landing at number 2 (and their rival landing #1) also put the hype in overdrive. I’m not sure the hype of Kakko vs Jack debate happens if say the Kings won the #2 pick.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Scouts don’t know stuff. In retrospect it was a weak draft after Jack, so players got overhyped. The Rangers landing at number 2 (and their rival landing #1) also put the hype in overdrive. I’m not sure the hype of Kakko vs Jack debate happens if say the Kings won the #2 pick.

I've said this multiple times, it also doesn't help that bozo Valiquette didn't strung up the casuals with his horrendous takes pre draft

dzubrus8

Jun 15, 2014
I knew Bobrovsky has a crazy cap hit but I had to look it up on capfriendly to double check what it was. He has a 10 million dollar cap hit ! They had to overpay for him quite a bit but he has been big for the Panthers these playoffs. It would be nice to see him hoist the Cup. The Panthers in general have a really likeable group of players aside from that litte issue they had with us last year.

On June 22, 2012, the Flyers traded goalie Sergei Bobrovsky to the Columbus Blue Jackets in exchange for a second-round and fourth-round pick in the 2012 draft and a fourth-round pick in 2013.

With the first two selections, Philadelphia selected Anthony Stolarz and Taylor Leier. The 2013 pick was subsequently dealt to the Los Angeles Kings who used it to take Justin Auger.

It's funny how the Flyers are the real losers here. The goalie they traded and the draft pick they had (Stolarz) are both teammates on a team that is in the Cup Finals lol. That's rough for a franchise who hasn't really had good goaltending since Hextall.
Someone check me on this but as I remember this was when they were dying for a franchise goalie. They traded Carter and Richard’s to make cap space and then acquired Ilya Bryzgalov. With Bryz in the building Bob became expendable so they shipped him out. There’s probably some irony in there if you squint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad