OOT Scoreboard 2023-24 playoffs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Bingo, Zibanejad is in his 30's, Panarin is in his 30's, Shesterkin is a year away from UFA and probably won't stand his career toiling away without a Cup like Hank did and that's with teams in the Metro getting better + the assumption the Devils don't trip on their faces in seasons coming up
He may not stand his whole career there without a cup, but I think he stays for his next contract for sure. Maybe he's gone before the contract ends, but I think he's at least re-signing there.

He will have played in the conference finals 2 of the last 3 years, maybe 2 of the last 4 if he somehow gets close enough to free agency before re-signing. So he probably doesn't get the feeling that he can't win there. Maybe in several more years if he doesn't get a cup.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
He may not stand his whole career there without a cup, but I think he stays for his next contract for sure. Maybe he's gone before the contract ends, but I think he's at least re-signing there.

He will have played in the conference finals 2 of the last 3 years, maybe 2 of the last 4 if he somehow gets close enough to free agency before re-signing. So he probably doesn't get the feeling that he can't win there. Maybe in several more years if he doesn't get a cup.

Then that's even worse, they can't even win or go to the Cup Final with a 5M Shesterkin, how are they gonna do it with a 8-9M type deal for him?

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think the Oilers are going to be a perennial cup contender for the next few years. At least as long as those two guys, which they're starting to look for real now and have been in the conference finals two of the last three years. So I don't know why they'd want out of there and I don't think we're anywhere near the state where guys start getting sent out of town, like Toronto probably feels they're at right now.

And I think the Oilers will be better in a year or two than they are right now, especially with a new (hopefully better) GM coming in to replace Kenny Holland, who has kind of made a pig sty out of the place.

But I do think this is probably the best chance for the Panthers. They may not be as good next year. They have some guys that are UFA that they probably won't be able to keep. Bobrovsky will be 36 next year. This is probably realistically the best chance they have at a cup. I don't think it is for Edmonton, nor do I believe it is for Dallas either. I think Dallas might be better in a year or two, once they lose some of the older legs from their roster.

So I would be fine with Florida winning the cup, because I think there will be plenty of more opportunities for Edmonton and Dallas beyond this year. Not so sure about the Panthers after this year.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County

Now if there was a goalie I'd like to wait for...

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Then that's even worse, they can't even win or go to the Cup Final with a 5M Shesterkin, how are they gonna do it with a 8-9M type deal for him?
Maybe they won't, but I think he at least stays there to sign another contract. Maybe after several years he gets away from there, but I don't see him not signing his next deal with them.

Now if there was a goalie I'd like to wait for...
Eh, I don't think it's happening.

I remember a lot of us thinking the same thing about Lundqvist in 2013, who was set to become a UFA the next year. They re-signed him a little bit into the next season and we wound up getting Cory at the draft right before that.

Camille the Eel

Bob was pretty good, aside from that game 3, where he had some bad breaks.

I gotta say that much. He didn't have to stand on his head like Igor, but he played well enough to be a positive contributor in the way Marty did in some of his less busier playoff rounds.
There's a tendency to read the history of this series based on knowing how it turned out. But actually it was a very close series up until these two last games. The Rangers had a good chance to win until Reinhart's OT winner evened the series at 2 apiece in game 4.

Having lost two straight games in OT, the Panthers first period in game 4 was very very flat and tentative. Maurice afterwards said that he thought it was nerves but I read it at the time as the Panthers maybe being out of gas. They gathered themselves together and found their game for the final two periods but the game went to OT and if the Rangers win that one and go up three games to one, who knows what happens.

That OT goal of Reinhart's turned the series. When Florida went into MSG on Thursday they played with confidence and, apart for an opening flurry by the Rangers, increasingly took things over. That game was the blueprint for this one, with Florida getting leads and playing with the lead, dominating territorially, physically controlling play and with the Rangers looking increasingly like they were worn down. Also suddenly it seemed that Igor was human. Although Florida just began finishing a few more plays on a few more very good shots. Bar down jobs: the game winner by Reinhart in game 4, Bennet's first goal today, some of the scores at MSG on Thursday, one time stuff or slappers from 20 feet out that Igor had no chance to stop.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
The Ranger's young D that was heralded from 2019-2022 is quite overrated. Guys like Miller/Schneider/Lindgren leave a lot to be desired in spite of their obvious talent.

Adam Fox is legitimately phenomenal, and him and Shesterkin mask a lot of problems with that defense that a lot of fans refuse to acknowledge.

Combined with Trouba being an albatross, you have a pretty poor defense that gets way more slack than it deserves. That D corps needs a major facelift or they're going to continue being pretenders for the foreseeable future.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
The Ranger's young D that was heralded from 2019-2022 is quite overrated. Guys like Miller/Schneider/Lindgren leave a lot to be desired in spite of their obvious talent.

Adam Fox is legitimately phenomenal, and him and Shesterkin mask a lot of problems with that defense that a lot of fans refuse to acknowledge.

Combined with Trouba being an albatross, you have a pretty poor defense that gets way more slack than it deserves. That D corps needs a major facelift or they're going to continue being pretenders for the foreseeable future.

Bingo, they have to let Lindgren walk but hopefully they don't. If I was them, a Chycurun move is something I'd be very intrigued if I was Drury but idk how they swing it.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
It’s so nauseating how every year the national media just fawns over these losers and tries to will them into being this juggernaut cup contender. And they don’t even try to pretend like they aren’t rooting for them during the broadcasts. The excitement when they do something positive and the disappointment when they inevitably fail is palpable.

This is why I take immense pleasure in their failure and never ever feel sorry for them or their fans. Amongst plenty of other good reasons.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
2 more years of Trouba at 8 per. Oof. He may get another Messier leadership award, but that’s about it. Guy stinks.
His flying elbows are only going to get worse the less he can keep up too. Hopefully the next time he goes head first trying to decapitate somebody he'll injure himself.

Although that might actually help the Rangers so maybe I should be careful what I wish for lol

Alex NJD

Apr 28, 2015
Parsippany, New Jersey
Today was a good day.

The Rags still have another year in their window I think, but Trocheck and Zib will be 31, Kreider 33 and Panarin 33 in October. Definitely possible some of them start declining. Even if they don't the roster will still have the same issues. They have cap space of 11.3 million to resign Lindgren and Schneider (bridge?) and need 2 top 9 wingers and maybe a 3C if Chytil's health keeps him out (tho I think they can LTIR him and sign a 3C w/ that money). I know they have Othman in the pipeline but not sure he can step into a top 6 role right now?

I think the owners comments about keeping their first because of the whole Vegas sphere spectacle is stupid. They should be looking to move their 24 or 25 1sts and maybe packaging them with the likes of Cuylle, Schneider, Miller for upgrades in the top 6 or top 4. Honestly think Ehlers would be a decent target for them, would help with 5v5 and fits in nicely with their other disappearing acts in the playoffs.

Too early to talk about 25 offseason but I'd imagine Igor Laf and Miller will command upwards of 20m alone

Beastdog75

C'mon Dougie, swat him he's a fly!
Dec 18, 2005
Brick, NJ
I know Trouba has been a negative for the Rags for awhile now, but from reading some of the discussions from some of the boards, has Lindgren really fallen that far off? It's seems like they want him gone as much as Trouba. Because of work, I haven't been able to watch too many playoff games, but I thought Lindgren was one of their more dependable (but unspectacular) guys...

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I know Trouba has been a negative for the Rags for awhile now, but from reading some of the discussions from some of the boards, has Lindgren really fallen that far off? It's seems like they want him gone as much as Trouba. Because of work, I haven't been able to watch too many playoff games, but I thought Lindgren was one of their more dependable (but unspectacular) guys...

He handcuffs Fox a ton offensively and, defensively, he's not all the great

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad