Player Discussion Oliver Kylington

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009

One has to think that Zad gets/got a lot more rope than Juice gets/will get.

Just don't f*** it up Valimaki.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
The fact he thought Zadorov played well 11 games in a row is concerning
The thing to remember is that Valimaki was awful before that scratch. Zadorov came in and was also bad, but every time it looked likely he'd be scratched, he produced offensively.

Plus, old school coaches make a big deal out of winning.

I would have to say that to this point, Sutter actually seems less stubborn than our previous coaches.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
The thing to remember is that Valimaki was awful before that scratch.

well, no

IIRC:

Valimaki was awful against the Red Wings.

Solid in wins over the Devils, Capitals, and Rangers.

And the Penguins game is a writeoff. All 3 D pairs were bad. Kylington-Stone just get a pass because Oliver had a two point night, but as a pair they were no better than the other two.

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
Wow this guy's been a story for the Flames this year. After a few years of mismanagement, he's turned it around. In January, after getting to camp late, he looked downright awful (in limited action) and I thought that was the end for him. He got waived, but nobody picked him up. But once he got game action, he played well, but was buried. By the expansion draft, it was clear Seattle would pick Gio. Kylington wasn't worth the pick you could get for Giordano at the deadline. But whatever Kylington did in the summer, he's really honed in his strengths and covered up his weaknesses, and kudos to him for playing his way into the lineup, when it's clear he was NOT supposed to make the team on a regular basis (and his making the team has made the Valimaki situation awkward). He's looked like a clear top 4 guy and not a bad one either. He's definitely been one of our top 3 guys so far this season (along with Ras & Tanev). I want to see him on the PP1 full time soon (although with his success the other night on PP2 maybe they want to keep him there).

Reading through this thread though, I wanted to point out that not only has OKG correctly pointed out Kylington's potential, but they also got the condition for his success correct:

Give him Chris Tanev and 20 minutes a night with a long leash and he will get the kind of confidence needed to become a bonafide number one defenseman

Reactions: King In The North

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
6ys6c2.jpg

Man I hope everything's okay. Been silence for like a month now.

Kahvi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
I thought that it was family related issue, so Kylington should be ok, and I hope his family is as well.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Oliver Kylington's mother is ill?

Just saw this tweet...

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
At some point a decision has to be made about this whole situation . If indeed it is a seriously ill mother and he is determined to stay by her side , which is not something anyone should view in any sort of negative light at all , the question still needs to be decided , is this likely to be the whole season ? the whole season and the playoffs ? multiple seasons ? He still has another year on his deal and we are carrying his 2.5 on our cap currently so if it's not going to sort itself out do we look to make a move ?

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
You don't trade a player whose Mom is seriously ill just as you don't suspend him for not reporting (unless that is mutually agreed to).

At least not if you want any sort of street cred with players in the NHL or anywhere else for that matter.

Placing him into the NHL Employee Assistance Program where he could get counselling might offer some cap relief.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad