Oilers or Panthers?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Oilers or Panthers?

• Oilers

Votes: 78 45.1%
  • Panthers

Votes: 95 54.9%

• Total voters

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Been a big fan of Maurice going back to when he coached here.

He deserves a cup ring. I really hope he gets one. He, and OEL, are two guys that I'll be pulling for.

I also hope McDavid has a great series - the amount of dumb criticism he receives is insane, and a strong showing in the cup final would shut a lot of people up for good

He does? I think he’s fairly unanimously agreed to be the best player in the entire league

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
I’ll never understand the logic of cheering for a rival team in the playoffs strictly because they are Canadian. There are a plethora of Canadians on pretty well every NHL roster. Why would you want a Canadian team other than the Leafs to break the drought? Imagine how insufferable our fanbase would be if we did it. Thats exactly what we should expect from all the others, because it’s what will 100% happen.

If you’re not already a fan of the team in question, or worse if they are a direct rival, joining their bandwagon seems just weird to me.

I dislike the idea of either team winning personally, but since that ship has sailed, I’m hoping for the least offensive result which for me is Florida winning. I am in no way cheering for them though

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
I’ll never understand the logic of cheering for a rival team in the playoffs strictly because they are Canadian. There are a plethora of Canadians on pretty well every NHL roster. Why would you want a Canadian team other than the Leafs to break the drought? Imagine how insufferable our fanbase would be if we did it. Thats exactly what we should expect from all the others, because it’s what will 100% happen.

If you’re not already a fan of the team in question, or worse if they are a direct rival, joining their bandwagon seems just weird to me.

I dislike the idea of either team winning personally, but since that ship has sailed, I’m hoping for the least offensive result which for me is Florida winning. I am in no way cheering for them though

Rangers are my second favourite team.

If they were still in it I'd be cheering for them. I don't consider Edmonton a rival so have no problem hopping on their bandwagon. I DO think of Florida as a rival though.

I think it's weird a Leafs fan would hope for them to win over another Canadian team.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I'm really torn here between cheering on my ex-Leaf favourite Zach Hyman and my former favourite Leaf coach Paul Maurice.

Our Leafs nearly got swept by Florida, so how the Oilers do will be interesting to see., if they can break through..

However for Leafs sake it might be better if Florida wins because that will show how far away the Leafs are from being Cup competitive and how much work there is ahead for Treliving to change and shape the Leafs roster to compete against a Div rival.

However having the State of Florida a non-traditional hockey market hoisting recent Cups by TB and Florida, while Canada's team in the biggest hockey market in Canada struggles to win a round does hurt.

Reactions: RunItBackAgain

Beaumaris

May 21, 2015
I'm not sure how many people realize this, but the entire country despises Toronto, and the Leafs, not just Edmonton.

But we are all Canadian.
I’m from Edmonton,and they undoubtably detest anything related to the Toronto Maple Leafs.It’s quite intense the hatred.

Reactions: HolyCrap

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
I don’t understand how any online Leafs fan could cheer for Edmonton. All the other Canadian teams hate us. Really the majority of all Canadian fans hate most of the other Canadian teams. It’s like we’re in our own toxic ecosystem.

Who cares if Florida wins? We’ve played them once in the playoffs and never had any close battles for seeding, they hardly feel like a divisional rival like Boston or even Tampa. Their fans might as well not even exist in comparison to the presence of Oilers fans.

I don’t want Hyman and McDavid parading the Cup around Toronto this summer. Screw that.
I am not going to stoop to the level of "they hate us, so now I am going to hate them too".

Someone has to show a little emotional maturity.

I was happy for CGY when they won a cup. Happy that they made the cup finals with Iginla, etc.

If they envy us then that's sad. By the way envy is a vice.

that's common in just about every city I've been to in Canada.

It's one of the few things that brings this country together. Their collective hatred of Toronto.
That's funny because I don't think about them at all.

;)

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN

Yep. The Leafs are essentially a heel team in Canada, might as well embrace it. .Never understood the idea that my allegiance is owed to other Canadian teams.

Panthers in 4, then relegate the Sens to the AHL for all I care

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
He does? I think he’s fairly unanimously agreed to be the best player in the entire league
Canucks, Flames, and some Leafs fans rip on the guy for being a diver, whiner, and someone who you can't build a team around.

It's rampant on Reddit and Twitter, especially on gamedays.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
I'm really torn here between cheering on my ex-Leaf favourite Zach Hyman and my former favourite Leaf coach Paul Maurice.

Our Leafs nearly got swept by Florida, so how the Oilers do will be interesting to see., if they can break through..

However for Leafs sake it might be better if Florida wins because that will show how far away the Leafs are from being Cup competitive and how much work there is ahead for Treliving to change and shape the Leafs roster to compete against a Div rival.

However having the State of Florida a non-traditional hockey market hoisting recent Cups by TB and Florida, while Canada's team in the biggest hockey market in Canada struggles to win a round does hurt.
I would think anyone with eyes already knows how far away the Leafs are from winning anything

BayStBullies

Burn the Boats!
Apr 1, 2012
I used to watch a lot of Oilers, especially after Leafs games. With that said, their fanbase became insufferable once they got McDavid. Despite that, I still hope Hyman wins.

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
You guys know no one on the planet would ever hear the end of it if Edmonton won, right? They still gloat about their 80’s cups like it was yesterday and pound their chests like they’re the best team to ever exist because they tanked for 15 years to get McD.

Whereas Florida has 200 fans total and we wouldn’t have to hear anything from anyone if they won.

It’s a no brainer for me.

This was not during covid

Attachments

• BUTganBIUAMB2AL.jpg_large.jpg
    BUTganBIUAMB2AL.jpg_large.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Haha
Reactions: RunItBackAgain

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Why should I want the Panthers and Paul Maurice to win? The guy still has a hate on for the Leafs just because they fired his ass 16 years ago. I have 0 love for him. Besides, I’d rather the cup stay in Canada.

Reactions: Racer88

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
That’s awesome! LETS GO CATS!

Stay? It was never here

What I mean is I don’t want it going to Florida or any sunbelt team. Sick of this narrative about taxes, weather, etc. it would be great for the Oilers to win. Don’t want to see Paul Maurice holding the cup either, sorry. There is no one on Edmonton I truly dislike and would hate seeing with the cup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad