Oilers or Panthers?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Oilers or Panthers?

• Oilers

Votes: 78 45.1%
  • Panthers

Votes: 95 54.9%

• Total voters

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Bob is reason the Oilers had 7 shots in the 3rd in game 1 and 7 shots through 40 in game 2. No, Florida is f***ing stacked and playing disgustingly fast and efficient hockey. They’re so good
Outshot badly in game 1 but scored 3 on their 18 shots. Oh where is that guy that said Skinner was good? lol!

Dough72

Sep 3, 2008
Edmonton had 7 shots after 2 periods last night. Florida was pretty dominant.
quirkiness. The game flow was close. Just like those teams are. If it wasn't for Playoff randomness the series would be 1-1 right now.

RunItBackAgain

“We were right there”
Oct 14, 2021
Outshot badly in game 1 but scored 3 on their 18 shots. Oh where is that guy that said Skinner was good? lol!
They didn't need any more. Games tend to swing in the shot department when one of the teams needs a goal more than the other. And as they highlighted in the game 2 pregame, bobrovsky didn't really make that many crazy saves. It was a lot of quick pressure from Florida to force the Oilers to take quick, poorly placed shots.

quirkiness. The game flow was close. Just like those teams are. If it wasn't for Playoff randomness the series would be 1-1 right now.
These teams aren't close. One is a powerhouse stacked from top to bottom, with players sitting in the pressbox who would've cracked the Oilers' top 9. The Oilers are literally outmatched at every single position except McDrai. It's over.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
They didn't need any more. Games tend to swing in the shot department when one of the teams needs a goal more than the other. And as they highlighted in the game 2 pregame, bobrovsky didn't really make that many crazy saves. It was a lot of quick pressure from Florida to force the Oilers to take quick, poorly placed shots.

These teams aren't close. One is a powerhouse stacked from top to bottom, with players sitting in the pressbox who would've cracked the Oilers' top 9. The Oilers are literally outmatched at every single position except McDrai. It's over.
Outshot 12 to 4 in the 1st period. Are you saying they were just sitting on their 1 goal lead?

RunItBackAgain

“We were right there”
Oct 14, 2021
Outshot 12 to 4 in the 1st period. Are you saying they were just sitting on their 1 goal lead?
Cool, they outshot a team in one period of the series. Send the plans to the people who make the banners. Florida has been ripping them a new asshole. We'll have to agree to disagree.

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
I hope he's back Thursday and sticks it to McDrai some more. The greatest 1-2 punch on the planet has accomplished f*** all so far this series.

Reactions: RunItBackAgain

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
As much as I want a Canadian team to bring the cup back to Canada after 30+ years, I can't stand the thought of the fanbase other than my own (Leafs of course) being able to brag about it.

It wouldnt kill me if the Oilers win it, I would be happy for McDavid, because elite talent does deserve the ultimate prize.

As for the Panthers, I'm just glad the Leafs didn't have to lose to them again this year, LOL.
Well then, how about an Olympic gold medal?

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
IMG_1806.jpeg

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
Why does anyone even care what other teams fans think of Leafs fans anyway?

Up theirs and the horse they rode in on. I'm not gonna let some dink I don't know influence who I cheer for. Sounds like a load of bunkis if you ask me.

Do you cheer for team Canada or not?

Rally around the Oilers. Go team from Canada go. I'm sick of living in a loser city in a loser province in a loser country.

At least if the Oilers win I can live vicariously through ridng their bandwagon.

It's down right anti-patriotic rooting against Edmonton if you ask me. Even more-so considering Florida should be enemy number one among Leafs fans. These guys are a divisional rival responsible for Toronto's most humiliating series in the playoffs to date.

Screw them and their fans.

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
I will cheer against any Canadian team until the Leafs win a Cup. After that, cups for everyone! Probably not Montreal, but the others? Sure, why not. Until then? Nope. Hate them all.

This is easy to say of course, in the same way we all at some point seriously discussed what we'd do if we won the lottery.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Why does anyone even care what other teams fans think of Leafs fans anyway?

Up theirs and the horse they rode in on. I'm not gonna let some dink I don't know influence who I cheer for. Sounds like a load of bunkis if you ask me.

Do you cheer for team Canada or not?

Rally around the Oilers. Go team from Canada go. I'm sick of living in a loser city in a loser province in a loser country.

At least if the Oilers win I can live vicariously through ridng their bandwagon.

It's down right anti-patriotic rooting against Edmonton if you ask me. Even more-so considering Florida should be enemy number one among Leafs fans. These guys are a divisional rival responsible for Toronto's most humiliating series in the playoffs to date.

Screw them and their fans

Patroitism and pro sports don’t really intersect the way you’re describing… an Edmonton championship isn’t really a win for Canada as a country so much as a bragging rights blunt force object used to bludgeon the rest of Canada until the next town wins it next.

I do hate Florida more as a division rival but see them winning a cup as more or less inevitable at this point.

mjd1001

May 24, 2022
Looking like it will BE the Panthers.

Might want the Oilers to get the Cup back in Canada.

Kinda don't want the Oilers because I don't want THEM to have the first cup back in Canada.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Remember when Conner brown and Hyman weren’t good enough for the Leafs and here they are in the Stanley cup finals………..just saying

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Bobrovsky, just cements what a good goalie can do, switch goalies and Edmonton is leading this series not down 3-0

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Remember when Conner brown and Hyman weren’t good enough for the Leafs and here they are in the Stanley cup finals………..just saying

So? Should we bring Maroon on board next year? Maybe the corpse of Henri Richard?

Hyman is contributing but not as much as either of his linemates or a couple of other players, he is a passenger (most people are with McDavid, not his fault).

Brown could not play and it'd be the same results.

Don't forget Ceci.

Campbell is in the minors for them, maybe we should have kept him.

Pickard is a backup, that's a huge loss.

Tie Domi Esquire

Go Real Sports Apparel Go!
Oct 18, 2010
Matthews 13.25M AAV until 30 (2028)
Nylander 11.5M AAV until 36 (2032)
Tavares 11M AAV until 34 (2025)
Marner 10.93M AAV until 28 (2025)
Barkov 10M AAV until 34 (2030)
Tkachuk 9.5M AAV until 32 (2030)

:damnpc:

Last edited:

Ad