Oilers or Panthers?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Oilers or Panthers?

• Oilers

Votes: 78 45.1%
  • Panthers

Votes: 95 54.9%

• Total voters

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
What I mean is I don’t want it going to Florida or any sunbelt team. Sick of this narrative about taxes, weather, etc. it would be great for the Oilers to win. Don’t want to see Paul Maurice holding the cup either, sorry. There is no one on Edmonton I truly dislike and would hate seeing with the cup.
Except every single one of their obnoxious blow hard fans.

Reactions: HolyCrap

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Florida all the way.

I want to see the Oilers get swept. I hate that fan base. That fan base is an annoying bunch of crybabies who are polarized by Matthews.
Maybe if we let them win, they'll stop being an annoying bunch of crybabies?

Nah!

(But can you really blame them for being jealous of our having Matthews?)

Personally I don't give a hoot about their fans (or any other team's). I'd rather see a Canadian team win, and I dislike the Florida team more than I dislike the Edmonton team.

fancy lad

Nov 22, 2021
i'm pulling for the oilers.

But damn, it's honestly pretty surprising how one sided this finals has been. The oilers look so outmatched. I thought with their fire power they would be a force, but it's not even close.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Florida is a team that I wish we were. Just absolutely relentless and unforgiving. There is zero chance they don’t win the cup from this position.
Win the first two apparently gives you a win rate of 91%.

This series hasn't been close.

Why would Edmonton look so different vs Dallas compared to Florida ?

Reactions: TMLife17

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
Win the first two apparently gives you a win rate of 91%.

This series hasn't been close.

Why would Edmonton look so different vs Dallas compared to Florida ?
Florida has players that can neutralize McDrai, Dallas did not. Honestly if Demko and Boeser weren’t hurt they don’t make it past round 2. LA is a joke the Leafs would’ve beaten them with Talbot in net.

I’ll give them a bit of credit for beating Dallas but that trip to the cup is a joke rallied by special teams. Completely unsustainable.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Florida has players that can neutralize McDrai, Dallas did not.
I asked the Edmonton board.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
The Oilers should have won game 1 and had a chance to steal game 2. Now they basically need to win the next two or they are done. Will be interesting to see what happens with McDavid once the Oil have the last change, I make the Oilers a heavy favorite for game 3 but their lineup may be breaking down. Its really tough to say they will grab both at home tho.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Oilers should had won Game 1 and Panthers was the much better team in Game 2.

I won't be surprised if Panthers steal Game 3. Those guys smell blood and they are all ruthless killers.
Would be interesting to see if Drai gets suspension on the hit on Barkov.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
i'm pulling for the oilers.

But damn, it's honestly pretty surprising how one sided this finals has been. The oilers look so outmatched. I thought with their fire power they would be a force, but it's not even close.
Honestly not surprised, prediction was Panthers in 5. Oilers live and die by the powerplay. Making the finals is always impressive, but that team literally can't do anything unless they have a man advantage. They got extremely lucky in the Stars series, Dallas did everything except score.

Barkov is hurt so they may be able to climb back into this series, but overall they are still not a well built team. Poor depth, poor 5 on 5, poor defensively, poor goaltending, but when you got 97 and lots of PP time, you will score.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Has there been any mention of discipline for Draisaitl?

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
As much as I want a Canadian team to bring the cup back to Canada after 30+ years, I can't stand the thought of the fanbase other than my own (Leafs of course) being able to brag about it.

It wouldnt kill me if the Oilers win it, I would be happy for McDavid, because elite talent does deserve the ultimate prize.

As for the Panthers, I'm just glad the Leafs didn't have to lose to them again this year, LOL.

Dough72

Sep 3, 2008
whats with all the talk of Florida dominating? Both games were close if anything I bet the Oilers hae generated more scoring chances.

• Haha
Reactions: HolyCrap

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad