Oilers now 13-12-1: THE THREAD THAT'S FUN FOR EVERYONE

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

mighty Stanley Duck

Feb 1, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Unless they trade Drai for a #1 with a longterm deal, I can’t see why an actual #1 would look at a #3-4 making 9.25 and take a penny less. If by some miracle they draft one or one hits UFA, he’s gonna demand 11+ minimum from them.
Just to add myself,
There are D's who took Nurse money same year as him, and at the time of signing the contract they were already better than him and still are and will be in the future- Fox, McAvoy, Werenski or some took less - Heiskanen...
Makar took 0.75 mil more than Nurse and he is another universe compared to him.
I'm sure there are more contracts who are gonna age better than Darnell's. Not just those I mentioned above.

jiitu

Jun 17, 2013
This is exactly the same team that dominated last year. It's only a question of time before they get back on top.

To all the haters who only show up now that they are on a ten games skid, enjoy it while it lasts.
Oh wau! They were dominating! 6th in league and yes, they won a playoff round!

Way too front loaded caphit team that again didnt achieve anything, even in the year that they dominated and is now closer to their real level. I am surprised.

Hockey is a tram sport. Superstars will win you games but stars with reasonable caphit will win you cuos together with team.

Zalos

Berktwad
Feb 2, 2009
Quebec
Oh wau! They were dominating! 6th in league and yes, they won a playoff round!

Way too front loaded caphit team that again didnt achieve anything, even in the year that they dominated and is now closer to their real level. I am surprised.

Hockey is a tram sport. Superstars will win you games but stars with reasonable caphit will win you cuos together with team.
Like I said, enjoy it while it lasts, bro. 🤣

katfude

Sep 25, 2015
This is exactly the same team that dominated last year. It's only a question of time before they get back on top.

To all the haters who only show up now that they are on a ten games skid, enjoy it while it lasts.
D O M I N A T E D

The Bruins dominated. The Oilers were very good.

This year's Oilers have lost 10 games in 12. Last year they lost 31 in 82. Kind of a big difference, hey? MAYBE they can get on track. MAYBE. But we all can agree at minimum the coaching has to change, just to give them a kick in the pants.

Reactions: nonzerochance

jiitu

Jun 17, 2013
Like I said, enjoy it while it lasts, bro. 🤣
I have been years commenting here, how many teams have went to trap, where they have forgotten that this is a team sport, where all teams are playing with 4 lines. But now many thinks that the quality of those 3 last lines does not matter much if the first line just gets at least 35-40 % of the caphit.

And every year they fail. Last year was the first ever, when 10+M caphit player won a cup with exactly 10M. And still, for years some thought, paying 12-14 M for some is the key to success and now they should start to get more (like somebody a while ago claimed that macjesus should get 20).

And every year they tell that see this year. After every fail they say, "be happy until it lasts".

I wish i could be happy that long!

Reactions: Burke the Legend

Khrox

May 31, 2018
How can you even fix this team?

There are too many holes and too little time.
I think the trick at this point, is to stop building the entire team around playing a McD and Drai style and hope you outscore problems. McDrai are game-breakers, let them do their thing, and they can win you games as long as the rest of your team doesn't lose you games.

Load up with grinders and 2-way defense first guys, let the magic happen. Look at guys like Kunitz, when they weren't with guys like Crosby or Perry/Getzlaf, he put up decent 3rd line shut down numbers (35-40 pointts_. But knowing his role, knowing his job of being a defense first guy who would get to the dirty areas, would put up 60-70 points. A guy like that on McDavid or Draisaitl's wing would do just as well, and would actively make up for their weaknesses instead. Now it's not "try to outscore your inability to play defense" it's "play good defense, capitalize on their mistakes, and let McDrai do their jobs"

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
They are never gonna learn their lesson and trade Drai and build a more balanced team that doesn't depend on just 2 players.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005

I guess this is what happens without their power play operating at the best rate of all time.

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
Honest questions:

1) Is McDavid a coach killer?
2) Has McDavid (99th in points) quit on the team or quit on the coach?
3) Will the coach be fired today, Saturday or Sunday?

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
They won't miss playoffs (most of the division is struggling) but, this start could put them in a big enough hole to where McDrai gets expended earlier than they need to be which obviously would greatly inhibit them when it matters most

If you take last year as the threshold to make the playoffs, 95 points was the 2nd place Western Wild card, for Edmonton to hit 95 points they have to win 90 more points in 70 games, that is a .643 point winning clip, extrapolated over a 82 game season that would be a 105 point pace. Last year 9 teams played at that pace including Edmonton (109). While possible, there would have to be a seismic shift in how they are playing. McDavid plays like normal McDavid and not some 2nd liner, Edmonton could very well make it

Reactions: JTeller97
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad