Oilers now 13-12-1: THE THREAD THAT'S FUN FOR EVERYONE

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Look at his PP production vs 5 on 5. Guess who’s feeding him the puck on the PP?
Somehow people still don't understand this lol. No one is saying he isn't elite, he absolutely is. But the McDavid effect has taken him from being a top 10-15 player to top 5, and he's really not.

snag

Feb 22, 2014
I wonder if oilers fans are more pissed that they may miss the playoffs or that McDavid won't win the Art Ross. Actually.... I wonder what mcdavid himself is more pissed about. Probably the latter....

Tbh....I was hoping the Oilers could sail into the 8th spot with Connor on LTIR so they had 12mill to play with and come back after being perfectly healthy and secretly practicing since November ;)

Reactions: Nathaniel Skywalker

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
Look at his PP production vs 5 on 5. Guess who’s feeding him the puck on the PP?
Nugent-Hopkins, Bouchard, and Hyman?

You can make this exact same argument for any star in the league.

Last edited:

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I think the reality is a balance somewhere in between the two extreme positions. I think both guys are superstars even without the other, but I also think that their gaudy stats are because each benefits from playing with the other.

For instance, I don't think Draisaitl drops from being a 120 point player to a 70 point player without McDavid. But I do think he'd be closer to that 90-100 point range rather than the 110+ point range without him. I also think McDavid's not hitting 150 points last year without Draisaitl. He's probably closer to a 120-130 point season without Draisaitl.
I think it’s pretty much the same as every pair of superstars who have played together. Of course they’re better with each other than without. That doesn’t mean one is the product of the other. Both have well deserved Harts etc.

Reactions: Duke74 and snag

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
ThIs is what happens when you carry such a low roster count....and that is what happens when you reward potential with large contracts rather than a proven body of work.

Guys on the radio last night said they were surprised McDavid was at the last game (I was surprised to hear them say that tbh) and there was a player only meeting immediately after the game.

If the coaches and management can't hold tou accountable here's hoping they get to holding each other accountable.
Don’t injured players usually attend the
games? Seems like they are always sitting up in the boxes

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Nylander has more even strength goals than Draisaitl over the last 4 seasons, so does Marner lol
There's a difference between being a superstar and a star. Rantanen and Drai outproduce Nylander massively every year.

Nylander isn't on either's level, and please don't try to use the seven games played to start the season as proof, where Dylan Larkin is second in league scoring.

snag

Feb 22, 2014
Don’t injured players usually attend the
games? Seems like they are always sitting up in the boxes

Yeah, usually. The guy was like "I'd think he'd be sitting at home watching the game at home in the hot tub".

I was like....wtf you talking about...unless i missed something. But yeah, totally weird comment

Reactions: Three On Zero

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
No, they don't. Are you just pulling numbers out of your ass? There's a difference between being a superstar and a star. Rantanen and Drai outproduce Nylander massively every year.

Nylander isn't on either's level, and please don't try to use the seven games played to start the season as proof, where Dylan Larkin is second in league scoring.
2022-2023
Nylander : 31
Draisaitl : 19

2021-2022
Nylander: 21
Draisiatl: 30

2020-2021
Nylander : 13
Draisaitl : 15

Do you understand the concept of an outlier? His first 2-3 seasons of 50-70 points are outliers from his normal 100-point-plus production since.
The outlier is the 6 games where he substantially overproduced his average, not the 45 other games :laugh:

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
2022-2023

2021-2022

2020-2021
2019-2020
Nylander:22
Draisiatl: 26

Total: Draisiatl:91 Nylander 87

That's four seasons. So you're telling me Drai has outscored him at ES basically every season except one? That's ignoring ESP..... where the margin is FAR larger

Reactions: Duke74

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
2022-2023

2021-2022

2020-2021

The outlier is the 6 games where he substantially overproduced his average, not the 45 other games :laugh:
You were provided with statistics from 2018 onwards that showed Draisaitl achieved a 1.5 PPG without McDavid and, not surprisingly, you chose to ignore them. Just take the L and move on with your life.

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
How did this turn into a debate about a leafs player?

Is there even one GM out there who would prefer nylander over Draisaitl? I like nylander but c'mon.
Good question

You were provided with statistics from 2018 onwards that showed Draisaitl achieved a 1.5 PPG without McDavid and, not surprisingly, you chose to ignore them. Just take the L and move on with your life.
“2018 onward” :biglaugh: , the only L here is trying to cherry lick a date to make the stats favourable instead of using the entire sample size

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
Good question

“2018 onward” :laugh:
I was wrong.

It's actually 2017 onward. I'll put it right in front of your face for you.

Let's see how you move the goalposts now.

1698518517023.png

WEMCHUD

Oct 28, 2014
Its honestly comical how much better their team could be looking with just slightly better drafting in the first round.

2016 - Pulj, imagine they took tkachuk?
2017 - Yams, Oettinger taken 4 picks later
2018 - Bouchard, Not horrible, but i still think Dobson would have been the better pick (taken 2 after)
2019 - Broberg, could have taken any of Zegras, Boldy, or caufield and would be much better
2020 - Holloway, not the worst, but Mercer was 4 picks after
2021 - Bourgault, Johnston was taken with the next pick
2022 - Schaefer, no longer with them, wasnt a fan of that pick at the time

They got one decent NHLer atm out of those 1st round picks lol. Edmonton's scouting is horrendous.
In 2016 they also took Tyler benson with the 32nd pick. Debrincat and Carter Hart were available.

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Doubling down on your weak arguments I see?

You know, you can just admit you hate the guy. It's OK. Lots of people have biases against certain players. Maybe Leon turned you down for a selfie and you've never gotten over it. I'm sad for you.
Weak argument? It’s actually factual :laugh: . A weak argument is cherry picking a date to make the data look better.

You’ve clearly lost the argument when you need to resort to an attempted personal attack instead of the actual topic

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
View attachment 759305

But anyways, this thread is about bigger issues than Draiaitls production struggles without McDavid
You'd never know it from your taking the opportunity to twist the thread in that direction.

Weak argument? It’s actually factual :laugh: . A weak argument is cherry picking a date to make the data look better.

You’ve clearly lost the argument when you need to resort to an attempted personal attack instead of the actual topic
The data I posted (from a previous poster) is also factual.

I'm not personally attacking you. I'm expressing my sympathy for the fact that you're so consumed by your hatred for Draisaitl. It's an unhealthy obsession.

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Nylander has more even strength goals than Draisaitl over the last 4 seasons, so does Marner lol

The difference has literally been on the PP, but I'm sure McDavid and the absurd amount of PP chances/percent has nothing to do with that.

You should watch more Leafs games, Nylander has emerged as a star. You'll be surprsied.
Since we are talking numbers

Draisaitl GP49 G31 A46 Pts77 +10

Nylander GP50 G17 A23 Pts40 +0

Play offs

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
2019-2020
Nylander:22
Draisiatl: 26

Total: Draisiatl:91 Nylander 87

That's four seasons. So you're telling me Drai has outscored him at ES basically every season except one? That's ignoring ESP..... where the margin is FAR larger
4 goals isn’t “massively out producing” Nylander like you stated when the OP was talking about ES goals.

Point totals is a different story but that’s not the metric the OP said.

But even with that being said, you’d be hard pressed to find anyone who would take Nylander or Draisaitl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad