Oilers now 13-12-1: THE THREAD THAT'S FUN FOR EVERYONE

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

snag

Feb 22, 2014
Weak argument? It’s actually factual :laugh: . A weak argument is cherry picking a date to make the data look better.

You’ve clearly lost the argument when you need to resort to an attempted personal attack instead of the actual topic

How can that be when Leon has 645 career games and McDavid has 574?

You might wanna verify your facts.

Reactions: Duke74

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
How can that be when Leon has 645 career games and McDavid has 574?

You might wanna verify your facts.
It doesn’t include the games that both were not physically available for .

Facts check out

Field of Dreams

Oct 10, 2011
Port Credit
How did this turn into a debate about a leafs player?

Is there even one GM out there who would prefer nylander over Draisaitl? I like nylander but c'mon.

You'd have to be insane to want Nylander over Drai, especially considering Drai is a centre. I think the comparison was drawn to put Drai's production into propective. Either way, I don't think it was a secret to anyone that Drai and the oilers live and die off the pp.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
False, that’s how data works. You take all of it, you don’t cherry pick a small portion to make it look better

I have no dog in this fight but if a large enough sample size is an outlier and is not relevant and skews the data then that data is unreliable. You don't just blindly use data you have to account for relevance.

Last edited:
Reactions: Duke74

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Is McDavid playing tomorrow? Saw images of him heading out in full uniform onto the outdoor sheet.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
I have no dog in this fight but if a large enough sample size is an outlier and is not relevant and skews the data then that data is unreliable. You don't just blindly use data you have to account for relevance of the data.

I have no dog in this fight but if a large enough sample size is an outlier and is not relevant and skews the data then that data is unreliable. You don't just blindly use data you have to account for relevance of the data.
Honestly both are heavily flawed and not indicative of his actual ability. He falls in between the two

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Hopefully this serves as a wakeup call to ownership, and they get rid of Holland. As a Wings fan, I was so relieved when we let him go. He had his glory years, but he has always been terrible at cap management.
I'm not confident they would find a better replacement. Not that I think Holland is good either

Reactions: Three On Zero

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
Draisatl is a product of McDavid and I hope people finally wake up to that.
He’s an inconsistent player who can dominate without mcdavid, but also go long stretches looking like ass whether McDavid is in the lineup or not

snag

Feb 22, 2014
Sounds like he is according to HNIC. I wouldn’t play my most important player coming off an injury on jenky outdoor ice in his first game back but it seems like they will.

Actually, the temperatures in Edmonton right now are just right....and game time should be perfect with the temps hovering around freezing where the ice wont be brittle.

there is even a speacial weather statement from the weather network (actually i should say Environment Vanada...or whetever it is called now) for it lol

Screenshot_20231028_194207_Weather Network.jpg

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
I did. They won 1 playoff round. Are your standards for success really that low?
1 playoff round? Are you sure?

I saw videos online of massive partying in the streets. Cars being turned over. People climbing 15 foot high street light posts.

Are you sure they didn't win the Stanley Cup?

PunchImlach is Alive

Jul 15, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Actually, the temperatures in Edmonton right now are just right....and game time should be perfect with the temps hovering around freezing where the ice wont be brittle.

there is even a speacial weather statement from the weather network (actually i should say Environment Vanada...or whetever it is called now) for it lol

View attachment 759603

I guess I missed that Nickelback was performing during the second intermission. Now I understand why McDavid is faking an injury to get out of this.

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
1 playoff round? Are you sure?

I saw videos online of massive partying in the streets. Cars being turned over. People climbing 15 foot high street light posts.

Are you sure they didn't win the Stanley Cup?
No that was just a round. If they won the cup it would make that look like child's play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad