Oilers now 13-12-1: THE THREAD THAT'S FUN FOR EVERYONE

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
So much debate about how Draisaitl isn't driving the bus now that McDavid is out. It's just so dumb to me - Draisaitl is still a top fwd in the game; the issue is very clearly a lack of defensive structure, bad goaltending and horrid depth scoring. The least of Edmonton's problems is Draisaitl. So if you're hyper focusing on dumping on one of the best players in the game, you've lost the plot. Watch the Oilers play - they are dysfunctional.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Horrible goaltending and defence. Things are looking ugly in Oil Country.

Yall are crazy

Dec 11, 2022
On this topic...

Everyone dunks on the Leafs for paying Matthews/Tavares/Marner 10+ but in all honesty, sometimes when your hands are tied(flat cap) you make better decisions around the edges.

Oilers value contracts seem really bad compared to what the Leafs have had the last few years.
Exactly, they should start acting grateful for their talent. Trade marner and willy for some 3 line or 2 line D and watch how fast you'll struggle.

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
If ya can’t take the heat, get out of the kitchen. A lot of folks get annoyed with Edmonton fans, and their arrogance, consider this as having your ballon popped

Why not go with the full body of work. Paints a broader pic. I’m sorry you don’t like it
Don't paint all fans with the same paintbrush. Every fanbase has its share of arrogant fans, including your own.

51 games or more accurate than 6 games.

Draisiatl isn’t a bad player but you can’t argue against the fact that playing with McDavid elevates him. There is nothing wrong with that
Newsflash. Every superstar playing with another superstar gets elevated.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Don't paint all fans with the same paintbrush. Every fanbase has its share of arrogant fans, including your own.

Some more than others in Draisaitls case

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022

I’m a body man, painters always ruin my work. As in there was a body line there, tell ya sanded it out. As for Edmonton fans ain’t seen one yet, and I don’t visit/stalk your board. Nah most of the Ava fans I know are reasonable but yes there are crayon eaters in that bunch too

• Haha
Reactions: Duke74

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
I wonder if oilers fans are more pissed that they may miss the playoffs or that McDavid won't win the Art Ross. Actually.... I wonder what mcdavid himself is more pissed about. Probably the latter....

Reactions: Nfumass

Ghetty Green

Apr 7, 2018
Even with their terrible start, I’d be surprised if they miss the playoffs, mostly because the Pacific is terrible, and the West in general is pretty bad. Focusing on the Pacific, Vegas are excellent, but there are so many garbage teams - Sharks and Ducks are terrible, Flames and Kraken off to rough starts and could be pretty bad too. I’ve got Vegas, LA, Edmonton and Vancouver making the playoffs in the Pacific - maybe only 3 teams make it, but the Central is nothing special either, and Pacific teams have more easy wins over bottom feeders, so I think 4/4 per div.

I think they’d miss if they were in the east, though. Like imagine they switched places with Montreal or Buffalo - they’re finishing above 2 of Toronto, Boston, Florida, Tampa, Detroit and Ottawa? I don’t think so. But in the Pacific, they’ll make it IMO.
Lol the east is full of paper tigers. Your team is the poster child

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad