Oilers now 13-12-1: THE THREAD THAT'S FUN FOR EVERYONE

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
What’s with all the narrative crap? LMAO….it’s just a hockey board and I am way too high so just settle down. There are 116 points available for the Oilers and they have to play 600 hockey just to make 93 points (23 current plus 70 points playing .600) which is the projected cut line to make the playoffs.

I just showed you that winning 6 games in a row may not be enough since other teams will gain at the same time. Yes, I get the games in hand and all that but that is not part of what I am trying to illustrate.
You're trying to illustrate something that isn't grounded in reality.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
How many games do you think they will lose? Losing more than 30 games all year is around the bottom cut line for WC spots. They already have 12 and another 18 puts them at 30 for the year.

With 58 games remaining, losing 18 would mean 40 games with at least one point. If they win all 40 it’s simple math - 80 points plus 24 would be 104 points. No problem. But some of the hose games will be OT.

So the question is how many of those 40 are wins? And how many OTLs? And who are you giving up points too with an OT win?
Nobody knows. Just enjoy the show.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
1702252641044.png

Win percentage is getting us closer! Curious if I get to post one of us in the wildcard spot before 2024?

Reactions: Macheteops

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
What’s with all the narrative crap? LMAO….it’s just a hockey board and I am way too high so just settle down. There are 116 points available for the Oilers and they have to play 600 hockey just to make 93 points (23 current plus 70 points playing .600) which is the projected cut line to make the playoffs.

I just showed you that winning 6 games in a row may not be enough since other teams will gain at the same time. Yes, I get the games in hand and all that but that is not part of what I am trying to illustrate.

Where is it written the cut off is 93 points?

There is no imaginary team called the "Cut Off On Pace For Team".

Right now the 8th seed in the West is Nashville and they are playing at a 85 point pace. Arizona playing at an 88 point pace. The fact is the bottom of the Western Conference isn't that good.

The Oilers have 3 points less this season at the same game (game 25) as they did last year, last year they finished with 109 points.

Reactions: Mr Positive

WestCoast CyberG

Nov 5, 2018
Where is it written the cut off is 93 points?

There is no imaginary team called the "Cut Off On Pace For Team".

Right now the 8th seed in the West is Nashville and they are playing at a 85 point pace. Arizona playing at an 88 point pace. The fact is the bottom of the Western Conference isn't that good.

The Oilers have 3 points less this season at the same game (game 25) as they did last year, last year they finished with 109 points.
You need a snickers my friend.

It is a projected cut line not exact science. Make it 95, whatever. Point is Oilers are fighting from the bottom instead of playing for the division.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
The best is when fans of 31 teams will play victim and cry “Oiler fans are so cocky” after shitting on them for 100 pages.

Hockeys fans are truly special.
There was period where the 1st page of the mains was almost entirely all threads dunking on the Oiler. The push back is going to be unreal if we make the playoffs. They thought we were cocky before? They haven't seen anything yet. Especially with the team playing great defence.

Scrantonicity 2

Not a Generational Poster
Mar 7, 2016
The best is when fans of 31 teams will play victim and cry “Oiler fans are so cocky” after shitting on them for 100 pages.

Hockeys fans are truly special.
Why do you suppose the thread was created originally? Because the hockey world loves the Oilers and their fans? I think you have the order mixed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad