Confirmed with Link: Oilers hire Stan Bowman as GM & Executive VP- press conference at 10:30

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Wait a second...

ChiaStan.jpg

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
I’d be curious to see who his Head of Pro scouting and amateur scouting was in Chicago. I think Holland and his work with Wright, and before him his work with the guy in Dallas, shows that that really falls on the scouts he relies on.

Well have different scouts in Edmonton than he had in Chicago.
That's true. GMs can only go so far without the right scouts in place

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
His drafting was pretty solid I don’t see any red flags there. Doesn’t really matter anyway because we just handed the reigns to Pracey he is just one voice added to the mix.

I think he managed the hawks 2010 cap crunch really well. We will have a similar situation coming up next offseason. At the end of the day he’s just another voice. He doesn’t have full autonomy that much is clear.
He signed Panarin who was found money and then when he became too expensive under the cap he traded him for another good player who was affordable.

Traded Barker who busted for a young Nick Leddy who became an affordable top 4 option for them.

Traded Andrew Shaw for a pick that he used to draft Alex Debrincat.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
We'll what is the work? Go ahead you got such good comprehension. Aside from discussing calling and talking to Sheldon, frequently... This is the work you're referring to in the letter? Ok.
Apparently you need answers from the fanbase on the barometer of work done and ignore the fact Kennedy is impressed by Bowmans contributions

The need for YOU to be satisfied is utterly ridiculous here

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
That's true. GMs can only go so far without the right scouts in place
We shall see soon what JJs management group is made of. I think on the surface, and without seeing these changes on ice yet, we are mostly positive about what JJs team has come up with so far. Personally, I’m optimistic but that’s moreso my trust in JJ than Bowman.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Thats the old boys club doing a quick white wash to try to cover the dirt. Its window dressing and PR.

See it how you want to see it from Florida. I don’t expect you’d have the inclination to read the report, watch the interviews with Kennedy etc and then form an educated opinion but given your from Florida your opinion of my team is as valid as my opinion of your pending election.

I Dont give a f***.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
The point was using a guy who signed the biggest contract of his playing career a few months after killing someone is probably not the best example of someone who paid their dues before coming back to the NHL.
But he's proven it wasn't a fluke and proved his worth. It's possible for someone to commit the most abhorant and serious crime and still come out the other side better for it. Bowman didn't get signed while in prison still serving a sentence, and has spent the last 2 years in some forms of councelling and therapy while being barred from the league during that time.

Reactions: oilers'72

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
They have to meet them in the playoffs to have played against them? I don't understand what you're getting at. You still have to play 82 games to make the playoffs
Okay, I’m sure the 2 games against those teams were offset by the 3-4 games they got to play against us in those years. Or the other bad teams. I don’t understand your point.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
What the hell does that have to do with Bowman’s terrible moves to make his team worse?
Chicago had a 12 years window and won 3 cups. The team is going to get worse as they players age. How long were you expecting the team to be good for?

As for the trades, the first half of players on that list were cap casualties. They even had to "cheat" in order to fit some players in. The later half, well it's hard to win trades when your team is on the decline.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad