Confirmed with Link: Oilers hire Stan Bowman as GM & Executive VP- press conference at 10:30

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
You can supplement this with savvy drafting and moves. Also very few crash to the bottom the way the Hawks have.
Has anyone done it succesfully though? Kings are maybe the best example but they still had to bottom out and hire new people from the top down.

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
Watch the TSN interview of Kennedy.
So in addition to listening the the conference, reading Kennedy's letter and there still being zero clear explanation of "the work put in".

This has now shifted to ok now all you need to do is find a Kennedy interview. Tomorrow all I gotta do is volunteer my time with the respect organization.

I haven't heard a single Bowman defender explain the "work he has put in". The mental hoops the Bowman defenders are going though....

• Haha
Reactions: CantHaveTkachev

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
If you can't comprehend (or simply choose to ignore) the pretty detailed description of the work he's done with Kennedy over the past year(s) in the letter, then I can't really help you.
We'll what is the work? Go ahead you got such good comprehension. Aside from discussing calling and talking to Sheldon, frequently... This is the work you're referring to in the letter? Ok.

• Haha
Reactions: CantHaveTkachev

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Has anyone done it succesfully though? Kings are maybe the best example but they still had to bottom out and hire new people from the top down.
No idea but the Hawks drafting even in the dynasty years is nothing to write home about. And it got worse when they stopped being a playoff team.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
We'll what is the work? Go ahead you got such good comprehension. Aside from discussing calling and talking to Sheldon, frequently... This is the work you're referring to in the letter? Ok.

You either didn't read it, read only a paragraph, or are choosing to ignore the contents because it goes against your fully entrenched position. I can't help you if you refuse to read or comprehend it.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
So in addition to listening the the conference, reading Kennedy's letter and there still being zero clear explanation of "the work put in".

This has now shifted to ok now all you need to do is find a Kennedy interview. Tomorrow all I gotta do is volunteer my time with the respect organization.

I haven't heard a single Bowman defender explain the "work he has put in". The mental hoops the Bowman defenders are going though....
People have literally told you and you have ignored what’s said.

CantHaveTkachev

Jealousy
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB

why are you so hung up on the phrase "work he as put in"?

Reactions: oilers'72

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
I'm still waiting for fans like you vehemently defending the hiring all day to explain what's was "the work he put in for 2 years"?

I mean it keeps getting thrown back to "he put work in, read the Kennedy statement, he's done the work".

Ok and what was this work he's been doing for 2 years? You're one of his most vocal defenders so do share since this work is good enough.
Read the freaking letter. You keep asking what he did, so read the letter:

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

It’s called being informed before forming your opinion. That’s all people are requesting you do, apparently that is an issue for you.

Reactions: oilers'72 and K1984

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
You either didn't read it, read only a paragraph, or are choosing to ignore the contents because it goes against your fully entrenched position. I can't help you if you refuse to read or comprehend it.
You're one of a small handfuls defending this hiring. And net result you still won't say what the "work he put in" is. You view talking to Sheldon Kennedy as "work". So be it.

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
I have read his 2 page letter. Ironically I have "put the work in". So again you're one of the vocal defenders of bowman all day. What is this work? Are you implying the work Bowman did was what was in the letter calling Kennedy and talking to him frequently?

This is "the work"?
Your response here indicates that you have indeed NOT done the work. Read the second page, then read it again.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
In this vein, I vote we hire more bank robbers to be in charge of bank security

Frank Abignale says hello.

Some of the best hackers have been hired to test network security.

I met a fellow that was one of the best car thieves in the country at a convention. Got out of jail and now works for a vehicle security company testing their products.

Many reformed ex-addicts work in social work in addiction recovery.

Ever see the show “Scared Straight”? It worked.

Some of the best teachers are those who have walked the walk - or in this case remained silent. So you either believe him that he has learned from his ghastly mistake and working hard to help educate others - and is endorsed by Kennedy and his victim - or you don’t.

You either believe people can’t learn or change or they can and thus deserve a second chance. It’s why prison sentences have parole opportunities. It’s why there are reform programs in jail.

Last edited:

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
It’s called being informed before forming your opinion. That’s all people are requesting you do, apparently that is an issue for you.
We'll since you're so well informed what is the work he put in? Let me guess "uh uh you go watch the interview read the letter it says ok?"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad