Oilers hire Stan Bowman as GM & EVP of Hockey Ops

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I mean not really that surprised considering they love to go after personalities with baggage. Kane, Perry...

Probably going to hire Quenneville as well if they have a slow start under coach Knob.
....and it would be a great hockey hire.

cbjthrowaway

Jul 4, 2020
Babcock was a Grade A asshole, but I don't think that is something that should be lumped in with these pieces of shit.
my point is that the backlash to hiring a guy who covered up sexual abuse of a player + gave the perpetrator a job recommendation that allowed him to go on to assault minors should be far greater than the backlash that the jackets got last year for hiring babcock, which was deafening at the time.

hangman005

It's my first day.
Apr 19, 2015
Iceland II the hotter crappier version.
Forums have a sense of normality and receipts that social media doesn't.
We recognize each other with names, avatars, posting history, etc.
Social media, you're arguing with a new bot or fake account every day.

I LOVE IT HERE
Honestly your bang on there.

There are... apparently tons of Vegas fans on reddit..... I've never felt lonely enough here to find out :laugh:

HabsQC

Sep 27, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
I'm sure you'd be singing the same tune if it was your daughter in the photos.

Mailloux faced Sweden justice and suspended by the OHL. He was also 17 at the time.

Comparing him to a grown man in a position of power who allowed another grown man to repeat a sex offense by not saying anytjing is garbage.

Not saying Mailloux is an angel, but mentionning his actions in the same sentence as Bowman and co. is stupid at best.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Dan403

Apr 2, 2014
Not surprised one bit, zero morale compass in that organization. Kane, Perry. Anyone else I'm forgetting?

Craig Mctavish killed a 26 year old woman while driving drunk. After being released from prison, the Oilers snapped him up.

"During his prison term, MacTavish became a free agent and signed with the Edmonton Oilers, whom he plans to join in September."

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
lJle0vr.gif

From one washed GM to another. Feels like the organization hates McDavid sometimes lol

Reactions: BLNY

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
How did they think this was a good idea.

Most importantly, Bad person
But also, Bad GM

Yeah let's hire this dud.

Bond

May 10, 2012
lol keep rolling the old boys. I was starting to get a little worried with the trades they made this summer.

UED

May 2, 2021
I don't care about the controversy because Brad Aldrich's actions are not his fault but this is the same idiot who traded Artemi Panarin for Brandon Saad which IMO should be a career-ending move. How can you trust him not to trade Draisaitl for Yegor Sharangovich?? He's done it before...you have to supervise him 24/7 to make sure he's not destroying the team, why not just get someone you can trust?

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Absolutely f***ing sickening, I can’t imagine any Oilers fan defending this, luckily, I have not seen any defend it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad