Post-Game Talk: Oilers give a wet dream without Drai

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sheikyerbouti

ShakeyerMcBooty
Nov 4, 2006
Van isle
That was exactly how we needed to play to win against seattle. Early lead, quiet crowd and the D was stepping up in the neutral zone but not allowing stretch plays. Nurse was great tonight.

I know we got outhit and outshot but Beniers and Eberle were non factors and Tanev only got one breakaway. It felt like eberle wasn't even dressed because he had no space with the puck.

Shows how much of an issue commitment to the game plan is. We only seem to play the right way in big games but in other games it's like the oilers don't pre scout, so it's totally on the players.

Everyone played the right way but bouchard tonight imo.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
That was exactly how we needed to play to win against seattle. Early lead, quiet crowd and the D was stepping up in the neutral zone but not allowing stretch plays. Nurse was great tonight.

I know we got outhit and outshot but Beniers and Eberle were non factors and Tanev only got one breakaway. It felt like eberle wasn't even dressed because he had no space with the puck.

Shows how much of an issue commitment to the game plan is. We only seem to play the right way in big games but in other games it's like the oilers don't pre scout, so it's totally on the players.

Everyone played the right way but bouchard tonight imo.
I've watched two Kraken games in a row (my eyes hurt) and I've not seen Beniers make one play. Even on a PP all he's being is a passive perimeter bumper. yawn, double yawn. Eberle had some moments and a post.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
3rd period was a cause for concern proving we got ways to go on the defensive end before looking solid. Physically man handled as well. Great teams don't let up like that showing big chinks in armor.

Great game otherwise with Pulju, Kostin, Foegle, Ryan, Yama and a few others with strong nights.

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016
Kostin in his post game interview just said Seattle started running around and playing dirty after Oilers went up 4 and that he'll fight for anyone on his team. Also he'd like to save his best game for the playoffs. Man, gotta love this guy.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I mean I'd probably fight somebody too if they told me I was uglier than the Tkachuks. That's probably why Seattle got the PP.
That reminds me of this:

gt2kLzqKX9wZGTdCwQJ8tPHZjwuyzJ8gbgCMhNUar9s.jpg

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Maybe I'm going loopy, but the Reverse Retro McFarlanes are starting to grow on me a bit. They showed them a couple of times during the intermission for a charity event thing and I was like "that jersey ... looks decent?".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad