Post-Game Talk: Oilers give a wet dream without Drai

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
This team still allowed like 40 shots and the Kraken hit at least 3 or 4 posts. Its a 7-2 win, so … yay. But we have to keep focused on upgrading the D. Savage need. Skinner is a real gem but he probably won’t hold up to a multi-game battering from the Aves offence in a playoff series. Need to stop the bleeding in the D-zone.

Reactions: Kinibo

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Honestly, didn't know much about him prior and certainly didn't expect him to provide the production (all 5 on 5 I believe) his been able to. He looks like he's capable of playing even better.

Sleepy Holland lucked into a great find.

Yep, sounds like St. Louis didn't give him enough of an opportunity or didn't fit with their plans I guess. One man's junk...

YakDavid

Dec 12, 2010
great game. We were able to get up in the first two and coast for the third but still remain solid. Skinner had a solid game. Would absolutely like one back.

Not a fan of Holloway fighting there but definitely understand why since dunn got away with a couple there.

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016

Yes very nice 2 points

very nice.jpg

Reactions: Oilhawks

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
I can't believe how Oleksif*** wasn't thrown out. Most ridiculous non call. Never knew you could just grab a guy from behind who's in a fight and not get third man in. Plus he's tryting to fight the Oilers after that and resisting officials. Thought he was out for sure. he was completely unglued.

Grabbing is one thing, mother f***er legit dropped his gloves and started throwing punches.

But I guess you can't put the expansion team getting pumped down by 2 men for two minutes with a 5 minute major because... reasons?

Even if that's the goal, like give kostin an extra roughing + instigator + unsportsmanlike to even it up or something. But just not calling the 3rd man in? Absurd. As Bush league as it gets. Clearly the league doesn't give half a rats ass about the safety of its players.

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016
I wish Sportsnet would show a graph of Nuge having more goals and points than Matthews this year.

Imagine Nuge on the Leafs or Flames. SN would be talking about how he's challenging for the best player in the league lol

But in all seriousness, I am actually fascinated how the PP will look when him and McDavid are the vocal point. Those cross seam passes were chefs kiss and he's always been a PP wizard since day 1.

Keggatron

Nov 15, 2008
Grabbing is one thing, mother f***er legit dropped his gloves and started throwing punches.

But I guess you can't put the expansion team getting pumped down by 2 men for two minutes with a 5 minute major because... reasons?

Even if that's the goal, like give kostin an extra roughing + instigator + unsportsmanlike to even it up or something. But just not calling the 3rd man in? Absurd. As Bush league as it gets. Clearly the league doesn't give half a rats ass about the safety of its players.
Yeah the reffing in this league absolutely makes me livid watching. All one has to do is watch any Kings game to see the extent of the bullshit they let go for certain teams. Absolutely infuriating. It's compounded by the fact that no one in this organization feels like the last twenty years of getting jobbed out by reffing doesn't necessitate saying anything about it in the media.

Edit: That call against on the Kostin crosscheck was absolute horseshit especially in hindsight to the crosscheck Dunn got away with. #abolishNHLrefs

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Hopefully we can find a way to ice our best possible team and actually be cap compliant once Kane comes back
Looks from a quick CapFriendly glance we'll be able to by either waiving Foegele or demoting Holloway and running a 20 man line-up.
(Probably not our lineup)
Kane-McDavid-Hyman
McLeod-Draisaitl-Yamamoto
Foegele-RNH-Puljujarvi
Janmark-Ryan-Kostin

Nurse-Bouchard
Kulak-Ceci
Murray or Niemalainen or Broberg (with about a thousand dollars to spare) - Barrie

Campbell
Skinner

Reactions: OilynutEsquire

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad