Confirmed with Link: Oilers Do Not Match Broberg ($4.58M X2) & Holloway ($2.29M x 2) Offer Sheets | Oilers acquire STL 3rd '28 & Paul Fischer for Futures

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

What Would You Do?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
still needed to clear cap and to be able to accrue cap space for any deadline acquisitions. I don't like it, but we needed to do something.
It still seems disastrous to lose two young assets like that.

When we could have had Buch last year

If this is true I wonder if the Oilers are doing it to “send a message”

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
If we aren’t matching why did we trade away Ceci? Or was that happening anyways
If they dont match Broberg then you would think that there will be another deal.

Going into the season with a worse D than last year isnt ideal and thats where they will be at if they just stand pat with what they have right now.

I am wondering if these twitter dudes arent just parroting the same less than credible source.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Oilers working on something else this guy is reporting.
Fake insider is fake. The Oilers very well may not match, but less than a day ago this guy said he had a source saying the Oilers would match both.

Also within the last week has said Kane is healthy and ready for training camp, which he then back tracked on saying he needed surgery after Stauffer and Rishaug said Kane did. And also said Holloway and Broberg were about to be signed by the Oilers within the last week only for them to both sign offers with the Blues within a day or two of that post.

He throws stuff at the wall and takes other people’s stuff and tries to pass is off like he’s an insider.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
You know how many games he played so why are you asking me? He played at the beginning of the season and down the the stretch while Ceci and others rested.
maybe I misread your post ( been a long day, grandpa is in the hospital with a blood infection) but it seemed like to me you said he didn't play last regular season. Looking at it now I can see I misread it. No need to be snippy.

Reactions: Captain Fantastic

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa

I hope its because management sees a better alternative to Broberg and Holloway, It hurts more to keep them at those prices than to let them walk.

Last edited:

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020

Also a disaster to overpay when up against the cap, thus the dilemma.

And more rumors from douchebags. Who told the insiders what? Armstrong said this or some asshole reporter?

Reactions: Oilslick941611

Macblender

May 5, 2014
If we aren’t matching why did we trade away Ceci? Or was that happening anyways
We were over the cap before signing Holloway/Broberg and short guys and needed to move a player anyways or play short guys if we wanted a full roster. We basically just added $2M in cap and shed 3.25M while already $300k over prior. So basically $900k in space now I believe

Reactions: Oilslick941611

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
So 30 games and you’re convinced he’s a top 4 d-man?
Not at all.

But I’m not convinced Ceci is either. At least not good enough to win a cup as one. The #2RHD spot needed to be upgraded. This move gives the Oilers the time and the ability to accrue cap space to add one come the deadline. Ceci had to go for cap reasons.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
By the same logic, can you really justify 4.6 for Broberg?

I will say, this whole thing has been wildly entertaining, and it's pretty fun that we have no idea what they're going to do. Tonight I'm thinking we're going to hear about a Barrie signing tomorrow, but who knows.
I can't.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Oilers working on something else this guy is reporting.

This guy...?

giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Captain Fantastic

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Be funny if Bowman matched Broberg and somehow convinced Nurse to waive his NMC for Chicago.

Ek - Bouch
Kulak - Seth Jones
Broberg - Emberson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad