Confirmed with Link: Oilers Do Not Match Broberg ($4.58M X2) & Holloway ($2.29M x 2) Offer Sheets | Oilers acquire STL 3rd '28 & Paul Fischer for Futures

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

What Would You Do?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
He wan't called up a bunch of times. He was sent down at the beginning of the season when Skinner and Campbell couldn't stop a beach ball, during the 9 3 and 1 skid, and was never recalled until the end of the regular season. He even played in the AHL playoffs for Bakersfield.
He played 23 ,46 and 12 NHL regular season games the last 3 seasons plus the 10 playoff games.

NotAVacuumSalesman

The Guide And Record Book™
Jun 19, 2017
He wan't called up a bunch of times. He was sent down at the beginning of the season when Skinner and Campbell couldn't stop a beach ball, during the 9-3-1 skid, and was never recalled until the end of the regular season. He even played in the AHL playoffs for Bakersfield.

Much to my chagrin.
You sure it wasn’t 2-9-1?

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Since we can’t “trade” Holloway does anyone know if we could waive him and have SJ claim him?

Or is the NHL not stupid and would not allow a move like this?

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Yeah but what about the two years previous. Was he always on the wrong side?
I assume so but I am not 100%.
One issue was that the Oilers needed help on the right side which isnt all that unusual.
Right D are harder to get than left D so using Broberg on the right side (where he had some AHL experience) made sense for the team but not necessarily for the player.

Reactions: Captain Fantastic

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
I mean I think he’s shown it. I think our scouts believe he’s shown it.

Obviously it would be nice to have another year to judge him, but we don’t have this luxury.
exactly, and for that reason I feel we should move on.

we can't f*** around on shit on like this. Our D looks to be worse than it was last season and we have no cap flexibly if we match and will be using LTIR just to keep an over paid player who may or not be worth it, We won't be able to afford any deadline upgrades and will have no chips to play for upgrades anyway. This all points to a disaster waiting to happen in such an important part our development curve as a contender.

Our forwards are elite and our D is super weak, our goaltending is still a slight question mark as well, we are relying on SO MANY "what ifs" to succeed and get back to the finals and im starting to question our contender status, not seriously mind you, but more of "in the back of my head way", im worried that we are weaker than last year. Our weaknesses from last year are weaker this year and I can't rationally just waive that away with my hand and say Broberg is the answer. Theres too many negatives to matching, and we can't wait for Broberg to develop into the last year of his contract.

I personally liked Broberg, Its not blind hatred on my parts it seems to be with others. The math on him changed with the offer sheet, I liked him at 1.2/1.8 mil, not 4.5mil. Not yet. If we match, he has to hit the ground running, ready to play a full season of 20+ plus minutes and play up 25ish games in the playoffs as well and I have SERIOUS questions about his ability to do that. On top of that I just don't like the fragile nature of the line up, if we have an injury we are f***ed, sure we get LTIR space, but what are trading for a replacement? We have nothing to offer. I don't like it.

Reactions: Macblender

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Our defense is so thin we gotta hope a dude with 30 games under his belt is the answer in the top 4
Yikes

He played good in a small sample with zero pressure on him
Now we need him (or Stetcher or Brown) to elevate his minutes and cover for Nurse’s inevitable gaffs
He needs to elevate his minutes on the PK only. He played the same at 5v5 as Ceci.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
He wan't called up a bunch of times. He was sent down at the beginning of the season when Skinner and Campbell couldn't stop a beach ball, during the 3-9-1 skid, and was never recalled until the end of the regular season. He even played in the AHL playoffs for Bakersfield.

Much to my chagrin.
did he not play 12 games last year?

Oilers working on something else this guy is reporting.
this guy has not credibility anymore. He reported Draisailt as signing last week and same with Broberg and Holloway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad