Post-Game Talk: Oilers Do Dallas and deliver the goods

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
Not this one! (Night owl, that is)

Having a brew, enjoying the win while jamming to some classic Eurodance and poppy vocal trance (that most posters here would hate lol)

As Kobe said "job's not done" but never imagined this team being where they are today after that shit sandwich of a start. Remarkable doesn't even begin to describe it
I'm amazed as well. Love trance. Drop some names.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Not pointing at any particular poster but notice that ,at times, our Post Game threads turn into a seedy dive bar the longer the night goes on. Night owls get grouchy..lol

I was drinking the rum in my Oilers decanter out of my Oilers glass playing D&D tonight wearing my Maiden / Oilers T shirt and then watched the game on tape just now. Debating whether to dive headlong into the celebratory rum now. (Speaking of seedy dive bars)

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Not this one! (Night owl, that is)

Having a brew, enjoying the win while jamming to some classic Eurodance and poppy vocal trance (that most posters here would hate lol)

As Kobe said "job's not done" but never imagined this team being where they are today after that shit sandwich of a start. Remarkable doesn't even begin to describe it
You know, there's so many genres of EDM and everyone likes something different but when you say Euro I immediately think of this. The OG was classic but this 2024 rework is another level.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
I'm amazed as well. Love trance. Drop some names.

What I'm listening to right now (been on a bit of a kick) is super poppy vocal driven stuff like Ian van Dahl, Sylver, Lasgo, Alice Deejay, Fragma, Scooter etc. Some Eurodance like Real McCoy, Culture Beat, La Bouche, and just great dance pop in Ace of Base

But mainstays of mine regarding trance: mainstream guys like Paul van Dyk, Armin, Tiesto, ATB are always good but big fan of some not as well known: Lange, Art of Trance, LSG, Legend B, Push, Matt Darey, Blank & Jones, Nostrum, Kai Tracid

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Im spreading 99.9% good vibes tonight. Dropped the conversation we had earlier for that very reason. I saw a Poster that is a good and positive member of this fanbase and HF Oil get shit on unfairly, I put in my 2 cents in as diplomatically a way possible.

I never claimed he was playing good the entire time. This misunderstanding of what Skinner “stans” are actually saying creates this this clap back. I call out his bad goals like anyone. Where I’ve had disagreement with posters is what actually constitutes a “bad” goal. To haters it’s like EVERY goal which isn’t true, and invites a response. And I’ve always been ready and willing to have a debate about these details if it’s respectful and it’s not just talking to pure anger that won’t invite any alternative view. You want to talk about Skinner, I’m more than game.

I would hope that Oil Country is cheering skinner on. Reading posts about him sometimes that’s hard to believe. The impression left is that posters want him to fail so they can say “see! he’s complete shit!”
You're one of the most positive, true believer posters here. Full credit for taking positions and defending your opinions with positive, constructive discussion. Throughout dark times in this playoff run, you have stayed true to your belief in this team. Kudos to you.

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
What I'm listening to right now (been on a bit of a kick) is super poppy vocal driven stuff like Ian van Dahl, Sylver, Lasgo, Alice Deejay, Fragma, Scooter etc. Some Eurodance like Real McCoy, Culture Beat, La Bouche, and just great dance pop in Ace of Base

But mainstays of mine regarding trance: mainstream guys like Paul van Dyk, Armin, Tiesto, ATB are always good but big fan of some not as well known: Lange, Art of Trance, LSG, Legend B, Push, Matt Darey, Blank & Jones, Nostrum, Kai Tracid
Thanks.. I'll check some of them out. I'm pretty familiar with Paul Van Dyk, Tiesto and Paul Oakenfold. I see some early nineties stuff that I like in your list as well. Check out Late Night Alumni song Empty Streets.. Everything but the Girl.. Mixes especially are really good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad