Post-Game Talk: Oilers Do Dallas and deliver the goods

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
Guys someone mentioned we were in 31st place 200 days ago.

Once the season is done I wouldn't mind some questions for Holland and Jackson on the hiring of Knoblauch.

You're hiring McDavid's junior coach who highest level of experience is coaching the Rangers AHL team in a season where we lost in the 2nd round to the eventual Cup Champs in Vegas, Draisaitl has 2 years left on his contract, etc.

That's a bold move Cotton to say the least, it's obviously paid off in spades. But it could have been a nightmare failure.

Obviously glad it worked but where did the idea come from.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

Once the season is done I wouldn't mind some questions for Holland and Jackson on the hiring of Knoblauch.

You're hiring McDavid's junior coach who highest level of experience is coaching the Rangers AHL team in a season where we lost in the 2nd round to the eventual Cup Champs in Vegas, Draisaitl has 2 years left on his contract, etc.

That's a bold move Cotton to say the least, it's obviously paid off in spades. But it could have been a nightmare failure.

Came from Jeff Jackson. He’s had his eye on Knob for awhile. Then maybe Stauffer helped push it over the top as he’s had a huge Knob crush for awhile.

WhyYouHaveToBeMad

Aug 26, 2018
Again you are new here. I defended Bouch way back when folks here were calling him a bust and wanted Dosbon. Bouchard was excellent in the AHL but soft as butter like McLeod. Both improved of course. McLeod was allergic to physical contact in his rookie AHL season. I defended Broberg when folks call him a bust and folks wanted Zegras and I said folks underrate his passing and puck movement skills. I don’t see Bouchard like upside because Bouchard was an elite passer even in the AHL. Zegras maybe the only other AHLer with better vision.
I never said he is or will be as good as bouchard. but tell me and I know it's early, he hasn't looked better than VD Ceci and Nurse, even Kulak.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
"Did you think your second period was a bit lifeless?"

DeBoer:
big-trouble.gif[\IMG]

GOAT gif from a GOAT movie

NagSdHn.jpg

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
That said Dallas were pad stuffing or shooting wide a lot.

Great game by the Oilers making it difficult for the Stars to get much. Only goal that did go in was kind of a hail mary deflection, really good play by Johnson but Dallas were not doing anything well offensively or otherwise.

Score says 3-1 but this was a shitkickng. Dallas were never in this. Oilers took game quick and never gave a crumb back.
You have to be f***ing kidding with the bolded. Is "pad stuffing" a new word for you to describe other teams when Skinner has a good game?

Here, I'll help you. Skinner is fat. Skinner has a stupid moustache. I hate the way Skinner tosses his hair back. Why does Skinner always insist on playing and getting his way. Skinner is too nonchalant in his interviews.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Unfortunately the people tonight that were browbeating other fans for having said things about players have no qualms about saying worse to fellow posters. I'm not sure how anybody reconciles that. Players are fair game. Flaming other posters isn't. But doing so just after such an immense win just is.....I dunno.

Imagine just seeing the team win a spectacular game., but For two posters here in the thread the most important thing they had to do is rush in here and browbeat Skinner opinions. unfortunately that says something unintended.

Those aren't friends.
It’s just clap back from posters that have done the same to them on nights Skinner has not been good. Maybe not from you, definitely not from iCanada. I’ve seen and read some absolute toxic things in GDT directed squarely at posters for their support of Skinner. Don’t act like it’s a one way road, I know the posters you are referencing and they are not that type of posters on most nights.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Who is going to give him 3M after seeing him get scratched for guys like Brown, Perry, Holloway and Carrick?

Hes not worth anything over 1.5m imo. I don’t hate the player but I’d rather move on at this point. Dudes done nothing in the playoffs multiple years in a row. He doesn’t make the bottom 6 better.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I thought Nurse had a great game. Physical, simple and smart. 9 out of 10. Kevin Biesksa called the PP, saying it was due. And with that and the great PK, it's a double edge sword for Dallas to deal with. So glad we beat them with Tanev in the lineup - no excuses.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011

SIMMONS: Edmonton coach Knoblauch is 'not a yeller and a teller, he's a teacher' and Oilers are learning

This Simmons article (it's actually very good) gives a bit of insight. Someone posted it in another thread. Well worth reading

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
It’s just clap back from posters that have done the same to them on nights Skinner has not been good. Maybe not from you, definitely not from iCanada. I’ve seen and read some absolute toxic things in GDT directed squarely at posters for their support of Skinner. Don’t act like it’s a one way road, I know the posters you are referencing and they are not that type of posters on most nights.
Wasn't directed at you.

Last edited:
Reactions: McDoused and ujju2

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Skinner I get but how are you not sold on Nuge in these playoffs? Outside of a few quiet games, he's been absolute money in the playoffs and I'm not just talking about the goals and points, he's been touching every part of the game in a positive way and shouldn't be criticized by anybody who actually watches the little subtle plays he makes and isn't just looking at flashiness.

Same with Henrique to a lesser extent, not making the obvious flashy plays but he's been making all the right plays which is so critical in tight playoff games.
Nuge along with Bouchard were a big part of how we got through Vancouver. Can’t complain about Nuges post season this year. Yeah hes a bit of a PP merchant. But hes also been huge on the PK. Hes a big part of us winning.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Wasn't directed at you.
I know but I’m just saying like there’s been some shit said towards skinner supporters in GDTs that could have have set off posters you are criticizing. Like absolute toxic shit that makes it personal. That will invite pushback. A lot of the times it’s burner accounts too that never post, but when Skinnee has a bad game they pull them out to just attack posters. Just saying I could see where they are coming from.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Skinner was pretty good today.

He wasn't tested too hard and we kept him well supported, but he did his job well and made all the saves you expect and probably an extra one.

I don't love the Johnston tip, but one goal like that on ten shots is fine. This is also one of the few games this playoffs Skinner has been positive in terms of goals saved above expected.
I'm not a Stars fan and even I took my hat off on that tip. That is an incredibly difficult tip to make, and virtually an impossible one to stop.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Not pointing at any particular poster but notice that at times that our Post game threads turn into a seedy dive bar the longer the night goes on. Night owls get grouchy..lol

Not this one! (Night owl, that is)

Having a brew, enjoying the win while jamming to some classic Eurodance and poppy vocal trance (that most posters here would hate lol)

As Kobe said "job's not done" but never imagined this team being where they are today after that shit sandwich of a start. Remarkable doesn't even begin to describe it

Sheikyerbouti

ShakeyerMcBooty
Nov 4, 2006
Van isle
8mins into third period and Broberg with a dfensive play of a veteran. Calmly blocks shot with his skate, controls it, gets puck out, absolute perfect reversal. Like an allstar play and Broberg made it look easy.

I'll say what I said years ago re: Booch but the sky is the limit with Broberg. Just loaded with skill, skating and better head for the game than people have given him credit for. I'm seeing Broberg processing at high level and making plays, in playoffs, in pressure.
Ya exactly, he's processing quickly, and making good decisions, at this speed, and under pressure. The knock on him has been timidness and he stepped into the semi's like a baller.

It's really huge for this team moving forward. Cannot be understated how much we needed this really. Holloway too. We are in pretty good shape heading into the offseason now.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Skinner was pretty good today.

He wasn't tested too hard and we kept him well supported, but he did his job well and made all the saves you expect and probably an extra one.

I don't love the Johnston tip, but one goal like that on ten shots is fine. This is also one of the few games this playoffs Skinner has been positive in terms of goals saved above expected.
Skinner was excellent, tip goal was unstoppable.

He was supported, but that's "how Teams work", Skinner deserves more praise than this nonsense for this performance in this moment tonight.

I just want him to be a .900 goalie because they aren't getting 30 shots on us.
I prefer this team not giving up 30 shots a night.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad