Post-Game Talk: Oilers Do Dallas and deliver the goods

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
It's a good question. I guess we'll see if he pulls a Kostin and asks for a fat long-term contract. Given his limited track record a two-year contract with a raise of half a million is probably fair.

He’s a FA and there are GMs who salivate at his size. He went to ECHL fodder who could barely skate to dependable AHLer to okay NHLer. This is his money contract. We didn’t even offer him a NHL contract after NCAA and he signed an AHL/ECHL contract only. He will want to be paid.

Reactions: McDoused

MessierThanThou

Dec 10, 2010
Oil Country
Im spreading 99.9% good vibes tonight. Dropped the conversation we had earlier for that very reason. I saw a Poster that is a good and positive member of this fanbase and HF Oil get shit on unfairly, I put in my 2 cents in as diplomatically a way possible.

I never claimed he was playing good the entire time. This misunderstanding of what Skinner “stans” are actually saying creates this this clap back. I call out his bad goals like anyone. Where I’ve had disagreement with posters is what actually constitutes a “bad” goal. To haters it’s like EVERY goal which isn’t true, and invites a response. And I’ve always been ready and willing to have a debate about these details if it’s respectful and it’s not just talking to pure anger that won’t invite any alternative view. You want to talk about Skinner, I’m more than game.

I would hope that Oil Country is cheering skinner on. Reading posts about him sometimes that’s hard to believe. The impression left is that posters want him to fail so they can say “see! he’s complete shit!”

Thank you for clarifying your position. I have definitely been guilty of "talking to pure anger" after seeing Skinner drop the ball in the past, but it's anger because I don't want the team to fail, and therefore don't want Skinner to fail. Nobody on here, unless they're secret Lames or Cansucks fans, wants anyone on this team to fail.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I’m just completely done with this team! Why can’t they win playoff gam…oh they have.
Why can’t they win seri…oh they won 2.
Why can’t the even make the cup fin…oh they are 1 win away.
I am just done doubting this team. Problems be damned they are finding ways to win and I need to shut up and just enjoy.
Let’s go. Cup finals we can do this.
Okay now i KNOW we are winning the Cup. Beleiiveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

MessierThanThou

Dec 10, 2010
Oil Country
I think Kulak stays next season if he keeps playing decent in RD and the bottom pair is Broberg and VD.

Honest question, ignoring how much each guy makes: is VD better than Ceci or only slightly less good, or has he been sheltered by Kulak and possibly, maybe to a lesser extent, Nurse? *ducks flying garbage*

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Yeah, in the WCF after sitting for almost a month. Munching minutes in the AHL and chomping at the bit to play in the NHL but being blocked by Ceci and Kulak.

He will be taking a big step next season, book it
Hope so but I wouldn't bank on it..
I don't think he is an upgrade over Kulak next season but who knows..

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Guys not gonna lie I'm starting to feel a bit emotional.

I f***ing believe damn it
giphy.gif

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
DCup hunting
If I was to guess, the PK of the oilers has probably got to them mentally.

The Oilers defence has been really suffocating when they play well.

I think that Stars team is genuinely worried, but you just never know if the Oilers will lay an egg.
I was thinking along those lines as well. The Dallas PP have caused the entire flush of the Dallas stars. Not just failing on it every time but the Shorty against. That was a punch to the gut. Seems like mentally they've been destroyed since. Gave up 8 goals in a row.

Dallas kill any momentum with their PP. So awful. Pavelski, so awful. Deboers might get let go again just for thinking Pavelski is still a producer first unit guy in 2024.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Thank you for clarifying your position. I have definitely been guilty of "talking to pure anger" after seeing Skinner drop the ball in the past, but it's anger because I don't want the team to fail, and therefore don't want Skinner to fail. Nobody on here, unless they're secret Lames or Cansucks fans, wants anyone on this team to fail.
Okay I could see that. The content of your non-Skinner posts will confirm that also. I actually like your posts for the most part. But for about 2 or 3 days you weren’t even talking about Oilers or hockey anymore, you were talking about Skinner Stans instead. And maybe that was a response to people calling you a Skinner Hater I don’t know, but their response is probably in response to some vitriol thrown Skinners way that didn’t make sense to them and was hyperbolic. In any case, let’s go Oilers and not make this about Skinner tonight. We got a f***in Cup to win!

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
DCup hunting
Does this even need to be stated?

Imagine just assuming that another person that watches every game or has been a diehard for decades wants the team to fail on a basis of questioning a player.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Does this even need to be stated?

Imagine just assuming that another person that watches every game or has been a diehard for decades wants the team to fail on a basis of questioning a player.

Yeah, why else would you even be mad at a player?

Like if I didn't want the team to win, why on earth would I give a rats about shoddy Goaltending?!

Sheikyerbouti

ShakeyerMcBooty
Nov 4, 2006
Van isle
They hit a new level of details and commitment tonight imo. I've never felt this much confidence that the Oilers will win the cup lol. I wasn't confident after we made the finals in '06, or going into game seven. If nobody gets injured they are winning the f***ing cup boys!

Also has to be coaching because where the f*** has this been? lol. Total buy-in, top to bottom, to playing the right way, on the Oilers? GTFO.

And don't nobody ever speak ill on Nuge again! Also, this was possibly the first game of Skinner's NHL career where the skaters made him look good, just sayin.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
definitely not. But sure maybe according to you I am as bad as broberg
Again you are new here. I defended Bouch way back when folks here were calling him a bust and wanted Dosbon. Bouchard was excellent in the AHL but soft as butter like McLeod. Both improved of course. McLeod was allergic to physical contact in his rookie AHL season. I defended Broberg when folks call him a bust and folks wanted Zegras and I said folks underrate his passing and puck movement skills. I don’t see Bouchard like upside because Bouchard was an elite passer even in the AHL. Zegras maybe the only other AHLer with better vision.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
DCup hunting
Yeah, why else would you even be mad at a player?

Like if I didn't want the team to win, why on earth would I give a rats about shoddy Goaltending?!
Unfortunately the people tonight that were browbeating other fans for having said things about players have no qualms about saying worse to fellow posters. I'm not sure how anybody reconciles that. Players are fair game. Flaming other posters isn't. But doing so just after such an immense win just is.....I dunno.

Imagine just seeing the team win a spectacular game., but For two posters here in the thread the most important thing they had to do is rush in here and browbeat Skinner opinions. unfortunately that says something unintended.

Those aren't friends.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad