Post-Game Talk: Oilers Do Dallas and deliver the goods

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
Dude you’re so bitter. You should be happy we won instead of being weird.

That post was also about last game so I’m not sure why you post this? Haha

Not bitter at all.
I've never wavered from cheering for the Edmonton Oilers in one second of their existence. And the Alberta Oilers before that. All you expert goaltending hacks can jump off the bridge anytime.
I cheer for my team. Everyone on my team. Bad games, bad plays, all of it.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
The Kids, Holloway and Broberg, starting to establish themselves in big moments, just like a cherry on top of this run.

This Team.

This is what this team needs to go up another level. I would of said same thing about Bouchard a year ago. I didn’t think Bouchard would go up so many levels though. Hes put two incredible post seasons together.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Adulting.

Absolute mature game right from puck drop with the Oil controlling the play. The 'oldest' Oiler Nugent Hopkins with a rocket game. His shot was lethal and much better when he has that centre slot look.

Oil younger guy stepped up led by Bouchard who is their playoff MVP. So composed in all areas of the ice. Skinner with a sharp game saved his best for the third period. Dialed in and delivered with his team suffocating the Stars. Broberg a big goal and stepping onto a moving train to take minutes in the Conference Final. Lots of composed play carrying the puck, jumping into the rush, and smart, simple outlet passing. Young D take time. Worth the wait.

The Kids are all right. Mature, adulting team win tonight!

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
I know the details will be different, they also have Wyatt and Stank this year.

But the core is still there and the same piss poor lack of urgency that comes with that leadership.
I'll give Benn some credit. Feel like he's really tried to dig down hard. But Pavelski is purely robbing Dallas. Whatever he's getting paid the cheques should be stopped. I mean he's worst than the bad version of Connor Brown. That Dallas have him on first unit PP is inexcusable. He should be put out to pasture.

Robertson has made strides this playoffs. Hintz would but he's injured. Heiskanen has had a very good playoffs but drawing fumes now. Stars look like they've hit an Oilers wall after beating Vegas and Colorado.

Oilers peaking around the right time it seems.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
Holy shit. This dude is the Florida version of a CP poster

1717212898263.png

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Not bitter at all.
I've never wavered from cheering for the Edmonton Oilers in one second of their existence. And the Alberta Oilers before that. All you expert goaltending hacks can jump off the bridge anytime.
I cheer for my team. Everyone on my team. Bad games, bad plays, all of it.
Okay grandpa. You do you. I’m glad every game is a good game for you. No one ever has bad games according to you haha.

Now let me enjoy the Oilers wins

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
25 points now
Heiskinen is next on the list with 26 points. I pray to the hockey gods that Bouch gets 2 points next game and we win.

That would rank him 5th all time, with Makar being next on the list with 29 points.

If we make the finals Bouchard could be top 3 or maybe even push Coffeys record.

If the team succeeds it’ll come

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
The hockey media are led by Toronto-based dipshits who share idiotic opinions like Malkin, after Two Rosses, a Hart, a Smythe, and three cups, was a lesser player than Toews. Niedermayer was better than Pronger. Brodeur was better than Roy and Hasek. And didn't know which position Ovechkin played in 2013 when they elected him to the first and second all-star teams at different positions. Oh, and probably had a hand in getting Kevin Lowe and Clark Gilles in the Hall over an objectively superior, elite, and legendary player like Alex Mogilny.

TLDR; Bouchard is amazing and I trust the opinions of the people in this thread over the idiots on TV and on the radio.
The Toronto Sports Media consider themselves to be the center of the Galaxy but as we know, that's a black hole from which no light emanates.

Last edited:

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Let’s talk about what we all want to.

How did Skinner not stop that Johnston tip? He needs to have that, cost his team the shutout. What a loser.

Skinner was pretty good today.

He wasn't tested too hard and we kept him well supported, but he did his job well and made all the saves you expect and probably an extra one.

I don't love the Johnston tip, but one goal like that on ten shots is fine. This is also one of the few games this playoffs Skinner has been positive in terms of goals saved above expected.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad