Post-Game Talk: Oilers Do Dallas and deliver the goods

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
Broberg was a little tentative his first couple shifts but once he settled in I thought he was fantastic. He’s quick to pucks and has great outlet passes. He basically excels at everything VD struggles with
It's a terrific timing too. He's got some nice attributes compared to Desharnais and would give the team a lot of flexibility next season. They could, for example, unload Ceci and not lose any quality.

millax

Dec 24, 2005
Can we all as a fanbase just enjoy the rest of this season? Who knows where it ends - but let's all stop with the negativity when we lose. This is the second best season we have had since 1991 - and still has potential to be the best.

We are so lucky to have this opportunity. Sit back and enjoy it.

OilynutEsquire

Sep 24, 2021
Same stuff I saw in the AHL. In the 1st period, all you needed to do was tap him and he'd cough up the puck. He's a great puck distributor and I've always said he would be an excellent PP QB on a different team.

Your eye test doesnt compute with my eye test. His advanced stats match my eye test, which usually reigns supreme. He has loads of gifts, amateurs focus on their bias

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
Played really well. That said Dallas were pad stuffing or shooting wide a lot.

Great game by the Oilers making it difficult for the Stars to get much. Only goal that did go in was kind of a hail mary deflection, really good play by Johnson but Dallas were not doing anything well offensively or otherwise.

Score says 3-1 but this was a shitkickng. Dallas were never in this. Oilers took game quick and never gave a crumb back.

Pad stuffing and shooting wide.
That's not what was on my tv

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
Can we all as a fanbase just enjoy the rest of this season? Who knows where it ends - but let's all stop with the negativity when we lose. This is the second best season we have had since 1991 - and still has potential to be the best.

We are so lucky to have this opportunity. Sit back and enjoy it.
I agree. I’m f***ing sick of people saying that this team sucks and Ken Holland ruined it all. We’ve been one of the final 8 teams for 3 straight years FFS.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Difference between winners and losers. The Stars supposed depth doing nothing. Even their supposedly star depth doing nothing. To wit look at these 3:

Joe Pavelski ZERO pts in series. Duchene zero pts in series. Mason Marchment one assist in series. If that was gonna happen the Oilers are winning series, simple as that.

Meanwhile the Oilers are getting contributions from every player except Foegele. Dallas can have him, lol

I think with Marchment as excuse that he's playing injured but absolutly no shows from those 3 Stars players that are expected to get something done.

Sequin has gone asleep again as well.
Yes.

Like I said they don’t have that “it” factor. They never have. They got beat by Flames for that reason too.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
I’ve been telling u all series Dallas is not as good as the nucks. Dallas depth and team were overrated.. they are good and it’s not over but oilers are the better team . Hopefully they close it out
Credit you.

Seems like Dallas are lacking some heart and dig down grit in series so far. Thing with VAncouver is they hated the Oilers so it was easy to come up with their best. I don't get the feeling Dallas are doing that. This was an absolute empty game for Dallas.

its not over, but Dallas didn't get themselves much tonight. Could see Deboers was disgusted with the play and effort level early on.

Oilers took the game and did it in what 10mins? Felt like it.

Oh as an allstar team Oilers have better top end, no doubt. The chance for Dallas was if their depth got anything done but not even Pavelski, Duchene, Marchment aren't getting a drop. Two of these players should be dropped. Pavelski and Duchene are years past it it seems. Strange because they both had it in regular seaosn but that don't mean a lot sometimes.

Last edited:

Paralyzer

Oilers Win Cup in 2025
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
8sf1z1.gif

WE WIN! Now WIN IT ON JUNE 2 FOR MY DAD!

WOOOOO!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad