Post-Game Talk: Oilers dig a self-inflicted grave

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
No sugar coating this one, that was humiliating. Old, slow and disinterested is not a good recipe to win hockey games. Everybody with a letter should be looking in the mirror tonight and ask what the F they were doing out there, because it was the opposite of leadership. Drai rewards the Oilers for his big extension with a comical performance, but I’m sure his posse will just say he was exhausted. And obviously goaltending was key, Helle was his usual shelf, while Stu shit the bed big time. This was worse than the Vancouver opener last year. So disappointing.
Actually they improved their GA after game 1 compared to last season.
Thats a plus.

• Haha
Reactions: bellagiobob

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
I thought it was kinda weird too, considering it was Stauffer -- and I for sure was leery of J. Skinner's signing. He made it clear he was not impressed though so he must have heard something while in the broadcast tonight.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Jeff Skinner looks like a guy who was bought out.
Emberson looks like a guy with 30 games of experience in the NHl with zero expectations having to play with an adventure of a partner.
Our top guys did no lead by example in the slightest.
Dermotts bad.
Stuart Skinner was absolutely awful.
Third line looks good defensively but massive lack of hands on that line.
4th line looked alright.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Kirby

Sponsor
Jan 31, 2009
Edmonton
I'm not sure what upsets me more. The Oilers doing what they do to start seasons like ass, or getting excited for an assumed banner raising that ive never experienced before only to learn there was no banner raising...

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
I thought it was kinda weird too, considering it was Stauffer -- and I for sure was leery of J. Skinner's signing. He made it clear he was not impressed though so he must have heard something while in the broadcast tonight.
Yeah. Jeff Skinner as a hockey player, terrible add. RV a shell of his former self. These are our added forwards, we lost tons, we lost all the youth in our lineup, and we have this old tired team left. This is not a proper roster and never was. Not basing it on this game it was a known problem.

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
Team much nailed the “to do list” to soil the sheets tonight. I won’t panic but I’m not liking an iffy preseason carrying into the regular season.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I am not going to judge this team after 1 game but they were even flatter than I expected them to be.
The Jets are a very good hockey team and they beat up on this team tonight.

A bottom feeder like Chicago should help improve things.

OfCorsiDid

Time is a flat circle.
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Yeah. Jeff Skinner as a hockey player, terrible add. RV a shell of his former self. These are our added forwards, we lost tons, we lost all the youth in our lineup, and we have this old tired team left. This is not a proper roster and never was. Not basing it on this game it was a known problem.

So the seasons over then? Take our puck and go home?

Reactions: Oilhawks

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I am not going to judge this team after 1 game but they were even flatter than I expected them to be.
The Jets are a very good hockey team and they beat up on this team tonight.

A bottom feeder like Chicago should help improve things.
Except it’s the Oilers so it’ll be a tough game cause we will play down to them.

Reactions: guymez

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Defense is rank too.

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
Fortunately it's a year only, and maybe less if they pawn him off... somewhere else. But tonight everyone was terrible, zero excuses and rationalizing this one away.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Skinner isn't my favorite name X2. The forward version is disengaged, lol watch him on the 4th goal. Not even an attempt at gap control. This is his career in one play. Own zone play? f*** that.

The other Skinner with the ignominy of a 10.0 GAA. lolol. Was it me or did 3 shots in a row pump by him?

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad