Post-Game Talk: Oilers dig a self-inflicted grave

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
I know we are supposed to dismiss preseason but someone needs to check the pilot light.

If we can avoid last year's 9th Level of Hell performance in the first 10 games, I'd appreciate it.

This is such a veteran team, I guess they can tell us why they laid a giant shart at home after the playoff run.

Really glad they made space for the 6th Cup and then laid a Birdo-size egg.

#PlayAlberta

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
RNH McDavid Hyman
Lavoie Draisaitl Arvidsson
Skinner Henrique Brown
Podkolzin Philp Janmark

Also start looking for that 2RD Right Fkng Now.

30 game Emberson ain’t it.

Reactions: AlbOilFAN

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
No sugar coating this one, that was humiliating. Old, slow and disinterested is not a good recipe to win hockey games. Everybody with a letter should be looking in the mirror tonight and ask what the F they were doing out there, because it was the opposite of leadership. Drai rewards the Oilers for his big extension with a comical performance, but I’m sure his posse will just say he was exhausted. And obviously goaltending was key, Helle was his usual shelf, while Stu shit the bed big time. This was worse than the Vancouver opener last year. So disappointing.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
1728535276459.png

Perhaps we were too harsh on Cody Ceci.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Wish I was surprised.

Stu has way too many games like this.

Seems like every year, this team doesn’t start well. They need to be in a hole before they can play to their calibre.

Just too much arrogance, stubbornness, being out competed and out goaltended.

Whatever the leadership core is doing at the start of the year isn’t working.

Whatever the organization is doing during training camp isn’t working either. Maybe penciling a lineup before any games are played and not running a competitive camp isn’t a good idea.

Frustrating. Same start every year.

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
No sugar coating this one, that was humiliating. Old, slow and disinterested is not a good recipe to win hockey games. Everybody with a letter should be looking in the mirror tonight and ask what the F they were doing out there, because it was the opposite of leadership. Drai rewards the Oilers for his big extension with a comical performance, but I’m sure his posse will just say he was exhausted. And obviously goaltending was key, Helle was his usual shelf, while Stu shit the bed big time. This was worse than the Vancouver opener last year. So disappointing.
I think pickard needs to start the next one. Skinner needs a fire

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
I just don't get it. What exactly are they trying to tell us? If they don't care for 82 games, I guess we shouldn't either?

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Nice one. Bag skate incoming..

Skinner full day session with that positive mindset coach. Then finish the night with some extra Dustin Schwartz practice. Perfect that move of pulling the leg in to create a bank shot bumper instead of covering the post. He pulled it off tonight, but can always do it better.

Reactions: LemmyUlanov55

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Woof!

I think one important difference between this season and last season is that we know that Picard can play.

I honestly don't know if there is a lot of difference in the talent levels between Picard and Skinner.

Obviously you can't ride Picard for 50 games but when Skinner goes cold (as he invariably does) then don't hesitate to use Picard. One thing I like about his game versus Skinner is that he seems more relaxed and doesn't seem to fight the puck.

Reactions: yukoner88

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad