Post-Game Talk: Oilers dig a self-inflicted grave

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
egkzmyhfyfctlewicckt.jpg

Can this goof be gone from this organization already

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016
Looks like the Flames used the preseason to actually prepare for the regular season unlike the Oilers who can’t seem to figure out what preseason is for.

The Oilers will be fine, I mean they've finished 2nd in their division last 5 years. They've earned my benefit of doubt in terms of slow start to begin a season. Know they'll be ready to perform when it counts. And hopefully dig the f*** in!

Reactions: Oilhawks

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Maybe don't put a 30 game rookie in matchup against the Jets captain?

Tbh, Bear would be the perfect addition. Of course it would be tough for him to exonerate feelings towards some our fans that displayed intolerant behavior towards him. But he was quality during his short stint here.
Not too many other options to play unfortunately.

Issue is that Nurse should be able to carry a pairing at his cap hit.

Might have to tell Kulak he has to play RD with Nurse until they can make a trade.

Oilhawks

Over Old Hills
Nov 24, 2011
Not too many other options to play unfortunately.

Issue is that Nurse should be able to carry a pairing at his cap hit.

Might have to tell Kulak he has to play RD with Nurse until they can make a trade.

Ekholm - Bouchard
Nurse - Kulak
Dermott - Emberson / Stecher

May actually be the best possible combination at this time

Reactions: K1984 and Cloned

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Ekholm - Bouchard
Nurse - Kulak
Dermott - Emberson / Stecher

May actually be the best possible combination at this time
I suspect Connor Murphy will be an Oiler at some point this season, possibly even before the end of October.

Reactions: Oilhawks

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016
Schwartz coaching with all of our goalies: Get down and stay on your knees! Make yourself look smaller too.

Rather have Mike Smith as goalie coach instead of this chump.

Mike Smith swagger alone would have this team going into a repeat as champions this season. Everything Schwartz teaching is not working. Not going lie I miss Mike "Brim low all you can see is the flow" Smith. Love how he wore his hats lol

mike smit.jpg

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Mike Smith swagger alone would have this team going into a repeat as champions this season. Everything Schwartz teaching is not working. Not going lie I miss Mike "Brim low all you can see is the flow" Smith. Love how he wore his hats lol

View attachment 914550

You know Schwartz sucks at his job when the fans in attendance boo his ass more than applaud during the intro. All these changes to the organization for the last long years and yet this bozo's job is still safe is one of the things that has truly boggled my mind. Must have some dirty laundry on Katz at this point.

Keep teaching goalies to stay down on their knees and look smaller every year, you incompetent f***!

Reactions: walktheboulavard

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
You know Schwartz sucks at his job when the fans in attendance boo his ass more than applaud during the intro. All these changes to the organization for the last long years and yet this bozo's job is still safe is one of the things that has truly boggled my mind. Must have some dirty laundry on Katz at this point.

Keep teaching goalies to stay down on their knees and look smaller every year, you incompetent f***!
I'll always remember a clip of him coaching Hall and Eberle around when he first got hired, telling them that most goals go in along the ice. No surprise that every goalie who comes through town gets lit up high.

Duder54

Dec 11, 2017
Canadian ex-pat in Zurich, Switzerland
It’s at the point where I don’t know what you even do with him. His game has devolved to the point where I’m not sure raw rookie Nurse was any worse than this. Possibly even better, because at least that version of him played with a hint of passion. Now? He just floats around the ice puck watching and reaching rather than actually engage the attacker. His fundamentals are as bad as his 10 bell f*** ups.
At least rookie Nurse wasn't one of the highest paid d-men in the NHL...

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Garbage game. McDavid still trying to pass the puck into the net. Hyman and Nuge look like they've aged years from the last run. This is why it's good to have young legs to mix throughout the lineup. Without Kane we have no one to spark the team with a huge hit.

Reactions: bellagiobob

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Don't get me wrong, the whole team was pretty awful tonight.
But Skinner letting these constant back breaking weak ass goals go in has gotten old. How has there been a lack of improvement from that crap with this apparent 'amazing' goalie coach in Dustin Schwartz.
yup. team was bad but skinner was easily the worst player on the team tonight. Oh well. Onto game 2. A lot of good teams have had poor opening games so far this young season.

HighLifeManIsHigh

McDave is a loser lol
Feb 27, 2006
Say what you want but we outplayed the shit out of them. Were all over them in the first then two shitty breaks/bad goals, then a terrible shift followed by another quick goal then a bullshit weak PP to a team up 4-0 that not even in bizarro world would we ever get that call. Skinner blows ass. Decent goals but make a f***ing save. Goal two shouldn't have gone either neither should have goal 5.

I don't understand how we just make goalies look absolutely otherworldly with the amount of offensive talent we have on this team. It happens so uncannily much, it's so puzzling. Not to mention the league does us not a single favor. If we go up 5-0 refs gift the other team five straight penalties. Happens to us and we have a deficit of 3-1. Frustrating beyond belief.
You lost 6-0

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad