Post-Game Talk: Oilers dig a self-inflicted grave

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
People who didn’t watch the game will look at the stats and see 30 shots for the Oilers and blame everything on Skinner. He absolutely deserves to be blamed on a couple of those goals, and I’m the last guy to defend him, but ffs the whole team was utter trash tonight. Can’t think of one player who looked good. Shameful performance top to bottom.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
It's always amazing watching Hellebuyck vs Skinner. Helle big and in position all night, so even if he couldn't see it it would hit him anyways. Meanwhile Skinner was losing his net as soon as the puck moved laterally all game.
Happens all the time. Cept the last time they played and Skinner won the battle.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Don’t joke.

Schwartz has more pull on this organization and it's goalies than Rasputin had on the Russian royal family, I would be more surprised if he wasn't extended.

We need to get a goalie who's psychotic/confident enough to not listen to a thing he says (Elvis? Gibson?), that's our only shot

• Haha
Reactions: Cloned

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
I actually thought Skinner was one of their not as bad forwards tonight. RNH was far worse. Just did nothing at wing and center.
I don't think anyone looked good man, not after the first what, 5 minutes of the 1st? They just folded like they always do, after Stu's lousy goals allowed and showed zero pushback or resilience. Stauffer sure wasn't impressed with J. Skinner, which is surprising considering the source and whose employ he is in.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
People who didn’t watch the game will look at the stats and see 30 shots for the Oilers and blame everything on Skinner. He absolutely deserves to be blamed on a couple of those goals, and I’m the last guy to defend him, but ffs the whole team was utter trash tonight. Can’t think of one player who looked good. Shameful performance top to bottom.
Not one positive from tonight.

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
6 goals on 19 shots
0 goals on 30 shots

Imagine if we had Hellebyuck. Holy sht McDavid would be flexin' double rings by now
Or imagine Holland didn't rail lines before the 2021 NHL draft, and drafted the franchise goalie that fell into their laps, but instead traded it to draft a player with 0 NHL games and traded for hot air. Jesper Wallstedt would be a fking stud behind this team

Reactions: Lay Z Boy GM

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I don't think anyone looked good man, not after the first what, 5 minutes of the 1st? They just folded like they always do, after Stu's lousy goals allowed and showed zero pushback or resilience. Stauffer sure wasn't impressed with J. Skinner, which is surprising considering the source and whose employ he is in.
Just weird to pick out Skinner when a bunch of other forwards had much worse games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad