Post-Game Talk: Oilers def. Canucks in season opener, 5-3 (Pettersson, Miller, Kuzmenko)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RutherPlan

Jan 2, 2022
Seems like Hughes is starting on the left side then which means Rathbone or Stillman are playing for the third pair.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Big mistake putting Hoglander in over Podkolzin. Podkolzin can shoot and pass way better than Hog.

Yeah this isn't the first time they've had Hog in there over Pod, not sure why.

I like Hog but Pod seems like the much better choice, I wonder what the coaches are seeing.

Reactions: Indiana

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Big mistake putting Hoglander in over Podkolzin. Podkolzin can shoot and pass way better than Hog.
I'm as big a critique of Hog/Garland on the PP as anyone but I'm not sure if Pod is a better option on the wing.

Also, Boeser will be the swing guy here. Feels like they're going to invert the first unit where Boeser will be acting in the Pettersson role while Hog will be trying to swing the puck to OEL/Pearson in the bumper, so he doesn't really need to be a shooting threat.

The problem will be that OEL is a LHS making the pass to a RHS so I would be a bit worried about how effective Boeser will be on quick shots from swings coming from OEL.

Reactions: Nucker101

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
I guess the Canucks never signed a jersey sponsor this season? TD hasn't been on the helmets in pre-season or practice either.

I'd be gobsmacked if they didn't, but you would think it would be in place by now. Unless they're going to quietly slip it on for opening night.

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
If someone actually did that, then someone should swing a stick at McDavid's head baseball style and try and end his career. We saw enough of this crap in 2011 with Boston/Vancouver with the refs not calling stuff and the Canucks being victims. If the refs don't do their jobs, then we need to handle things for them.

edit - sorry guys I didn't mean the above. Maybe a bodycheck would suffice. Just feeling overhyped/fired up for tomorrow's game.

Ah the good old Canucks victim mentality. Petey sold that hit hard and the whole of Canucks nation went nuts with a revenge frenzy. Funny how nobody noticed that he was on the subsequent PP from the face off. Refs HATE that you know...

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
Five predictions for tomorrow's game:
(If anyone wants to join in, go for it).

Aman gets his first NHL goal in his first NHL game.

McDavid gets at least 3 points.

Kuzmenko gets his first NHL goal on the PP.

Joshua gets into a fight.

Canucks get a too many men penalty, because it wouldn't be the Canucks if they didn't.

Baby Pettersson

Mar 8, 2014
Saskatoon

Canucks get a too many men penalty, because it wouldn't be the Canucks if they didn't.
Kuzmenko hat trick incoming. Then someone posts on the main board about how he's going to win the Calder. 50 pages of arguing if he's eligible or not commences.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009

I can see 4/5 of those happening. Aman one is least likely. My picks:

Miller shows lacklustre effort and backcheck at least once

Hoglander gets cheapshotted up high

Poolman gets walked

Nurse throws a hissy fit and crosschecks someone hard

Pettersson looks incredible and walks guys all night

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't we have a tradition going of Canuck rookies scoring a point in their 1st NHL Game? Hope that happens for Aman.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006

Someone gets injured.

(God I hope not.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad