Post-Game Talk: Oilers def. Canucks in season opener, 5-3 (Pettersson, Miller, Kuzmenko)

Status
Not open for further replies.

platotld

Fly Canucks Fly
Jun 18, 2014
Fraser valley
it happened and then it happened again. nashville are 4 points up on the league for the president's trophy
719EToHCoHL._AC_SL1170_.jpg

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Dressing room(s) and some offices are being renovated
They had since April to work on them. But they have 3 sets of 5 game road trips and this is the first. Have to do them eventually. They do have a lot of short 2/3 game trips which is kind of surprising. Figured it always made more sense to have longer trips since the distance from road cities isn’t as bad once you make the initial trip out of Vancouver.

Or my view that you should t have to travel to the same city twice. At most now you only play a. Opponent twice in their barn. Might as well play them both on the same trip.

But to have that long a trip to start means that the canucks didn’t submit any home dates for mid October to the nhl. Thus they don’t get them.

Reactions: Indiana

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
first fight of the season? schenn vrs nurse? or joshua vrs nurse. since that last preseason game edmonton almost tried to injure petey and hughes.

Ruthervin

Jul 30, 2022
Seattle
Lines?

Pearson-Miller-Boeser
Kuzmenko-Pettersson-Hoglander
Garland-Horvat-Podkolzin
Aman-Lazar-Joshua

OEL-Poolman
Stillman-Schenn
Rathbone-Burroughs

Demko
Martin

Personally speaking, I want to see Podkolzin play with Petey and Kuz but we'll see what happens.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChilliBilly

Ruthervin

Jul 30, 2022
Seattle
first fight of the season? schenn vrs nurse? or joshua vrs nurse. since that last preseason game edmonton almost tried to injure petey and hughes.
If someone actually did that, then someone should swing a stick at McDavid's head baseball style and try and end his career. We saw enough of this crap in 2011 with Boston/Vancouver with the refs not calling stuff and the Canucks being victims. If the refs don't do their jobs, then we need to handle things for them.

edit - sorry guys I didn't mean the above. Maybe a bodycheck would suffice. Just feeling overhyped/fired up for tomorrow's game.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Lines?

Pearson-Miller-Boeser
Garland-Horvat-Podkolzin
Aman-Lazar-Jackson

OEL-Poolman
Stillman-Schenn
Rathbone-Burroughs

Demko
Martin

Personally speaking, I want to see Podkolzin play with Petey and Kuz but we'll see what happens.

kcunac

Aug 31, 2008
Ottawa
Pearson-Miller-Boeser
Garland-Horvat-Podkolzin
Aman-Lazar-Joshua

Hughes-Schenn
OEL-Poolman
Stillman-Burroughs

Demko
Martin

When healthy Mikheyev in for Hoglander and Myers in for Poolman. Of course, we will never be fully healthy.

Expect Rathbone to pull in for Stillman against weaker teams.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I know I’m a negative Nelly, but that defence is genuinely terrifyingly bad.
It's going to have to be five man units out there, and the forwards are going to work their butts off to exit their own zone, to help out that blueline.

Myers and Dermott aren't any great shakes, but this blueline is a black hole without them.

Reactions: Indiana

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Boeser back in is good news. Mikheyev sounds close too.
Hughes back in too thankfully and presumably paired with Schenn!
OEL will have his hands full covering for Poolman on the second pairing. I’m genuinely intrigued to see how the third pairing does as Burroughs and Hillman should bring some physicality at least.

Last edited:
Reactions: Indiana and David71

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Boeser coming back early is a best case scenario for everyone. Really hope missing almost the entirety of training camp doesn't affect him. I genuinely like the guy and want him to start the season strong.

Will be interesting if they actually call anyone up for tomorrow's game. Right now they really only have a "spare" defenceman since Klimovich isn't practicing. It doesn't make a lot of sense to call up Karlsson only to scratch him.

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
I guess the Canucks never signed a jersey sponsor this season? TD hasn't been on the helmets in pre-season or practice either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad