Offseason Roster Discussion part 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Murphy played LD paired with Seabrook a period his first year as a Hawk, he also was finally getting Qs system down naturally around then and played well.

But a case, again, of how some coaches aren't so overtly married to it. You really need to get over your insistence it's a mandatory fit.

Nah man. That was just to give Rutta some looks and the experiment failed. Didn't last long also because Murphy didn't play well and because Franson didn't play much in his final year.

And again. Even if. It's useless now when trying to replace Mitchell. Moving Murphy to the left side wouldn't solve anything...it would create new problems.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Murphy did not fail on that experiment, he finally saw good fit and then fonally earned Qs trust to gain more icetime.

Just saw a bit on this topic that fit on Twitter. Pointing out there's basically the model of coaches and people that see value vs fit types.

And there's this type of model that seems people who demand handedness and style fit come off sounding like. But it's clear by actual choices and plays JC has not been a rigid role type pusher in his lineups.

Reactions: Malaka

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Nah man. That was just to give Rutta some looks and the experiment failed. Didn't last long also because Murphy didn't play well and because Franson didn't play much in his final year.

And again. Even if. It's useless now when trying to replace Mitchell. Moving Murphy to the left side wouldn't solve anything...it would create new problems.

You said “when was this” and now you are acting like you remember, this couldn’t be a more “tell me you are full of it without saying you are full of it”.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
You said “when was this” and now you are acting like you remember, this couldn’t be a more “tell me you are full of it without saying you are full of it”.

I don't know what you're talking about.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
You don’t have a clue what your talking about

Well, I certainly hope so and that there are RD options in the organization because Mitchell was definitely rushed last season and is in need of development time in Rockford.

My worry is that I'm right and they're gonna ride him again pretty much no matter what because there are no options. Again, unfortunately, I fully expect Mitchell to beat out the other defense prospects and play just because he's a righty.

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO
Well, I certainly hope so and that there are RD options in the organization because Mitchell was definitely rushed last season and is in need of development time in Rockford.

My worry is that I'm right and they're gonna ride him again pretty much no matter what because there are no options. Again, unfortunately, I fully expect Mitchell to beat out the other defense prospects and play just because he's a righty.
In that case, don't worry.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009

Not sure how it'll play out now, adding Jones means Jones and Murphy are eating the bulk of the minutes at RD.

McCabe-Jones
Stillman-Murphy
Jones-CDH

Could be a way around it, curious to see how it goes with Beaudin, he's too damn smart.

Reactions: CanadianHawks

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
:laugh:

When was that?:popcorn:

But even if...it would be useless for the Blackhawks now...they need RD's, not LD's.

The lefty with the most RD experience is DeHaan but he's brutal on his off side.
Re: Murphy playing LD .. Dont worry, we didnt really need any more proof that you dont watch the Hawks.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Re: Murphy playing LD .. Dont worry, we didnt really need any more proof that you dont watch the Hawks.

What proof?:popcorn:
The last few years I watched every single one except some nationally televised ones with annoying announcers. And I did the same with many other teams...not just the Blackhawks.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Not sure how it'll play out now, adding Jones means Jones and Murphy are eating the bulk of the minutes at RD.

McCabe-Jones
Stillman-Murphy
Jones-CDH

Could be a way around it, curious to see how it goes with Beaudin, he's too damn smart.

DeHaan sucks on the right side. Was brutal when the Isles tried it. He's the LD with the most RD experience but it's still a bad option.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
DeHaan sucks on the right side. Was brutal when the Isles tried it. He's the LD with the most RD experience but it's still a bad option.

Just trying to think of all our options. Maybe Krys surprises...maybe Mitchell's off-season will allow him to be eased in on the 3rd pairing.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.

What proof?:popcorn:
The last few years I watched every single one except some nationally televised ones with annoying announcers. And I did the same with many other teams...not just the Blackhawks.
Murphy played LD for us before, for a while. Yet, you said he didnt. Thats proof.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
The fact that you didn't know Murphy played the left side?

I do. But I don't think that's what you wrote.

What you meant was nothing but a failed experiment. Can't have been much more than a couple of games and he surely didn't play well like you suggested. You suggested that he'd be well able to play the left side and somebody else claimed he'd have extensive LD experience or something along that line. I don't remember everything of his time in Arizona but I don't think that's even close from true. Also, like I said already, it would be useless for the Blackhawks now anyway since they need somebody to replace Mitchell.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I do. But I don't think that's what you wrote.

What you meant was nothing but a failed experiment. Can't have been much more than a couple of games and he surely didn't play well like you suggested. You suggested that he'd be well able to play the left side and somebody else claimed he'd have extensive LD experience or something along that line. I don't remember everything of his time in Arizona but I don't think that's even close from true. Also, like I said already, it would be useless for the Blackhawks now anyway since they need somebody to replace Mitchell.

You are actually trying to tell me what I meant...

You are just flat lying.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
So has rookie camp started for the Hawks?

Not a peep from tge Hawks mediaxyet...or on our roster for tge games on Friday and Sunday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad