Official Training Camp Roster Talk - Part II (The Final Stretch)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

opendoor

Dec 12, 2006
I hate to be that guy, but Vey and Prust could possibly not be waived. We could just waive Cracknell and Biega and temporarily send down Hutton or Horvat and call them back up once Higgins is put on LTIR.

sedin sedin vrbata
baertschi horvat virtanen
burrows mccann hansen
prust sutter dorsett
vey cracknell
injured: higgins

edler tanev
hamhuis weber
hutton bartkowski
sbisa corrado biega

miller
markstrom

That's 23.

Yeah, I'm not sure why people are taking this as news that Vey will be waived. It could happen, but it's certainly not required to name the roster.

My guess is Cracknell and Biega are sent down and then one of Hutton or Horvat will get sent down on a paper transaction and the roster will be named with Higgins on it. That'll get them within ~$80K of the cap at which point Higgins will be put on LTIR and whoever was sent down would be recalled.

The real decisions will need to be made when Higgins is activated.

Roy Baby*

Sep 28, 2015
Phoenix,AZ
I love the message this sends to players coming into the organization in the future....basically "every single day counts" and if you're not putting the time in, someone with more heart will take your spot ie. our kids...

I don't feel sorry for Vey one bit...dude admitted that he wasn't giving it his all last year.

Really hope they stay past the 9 games though...letting the speed and pace of the game become ingrained into their playing habits will really help speed up their development

For better or for worse...keep em up and at the very least we get a high draft pick which could really make the future pretty

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
I think Corrado clears. This typically isn't some sort of feeding frenzy on good waiver wire pickups. A couple players will be picked up here and there but a 100 will clear. Corrado hasn't done much the last few years to think he'll be picked up.

I believe if he gets picked up he has to be kept on the NHL roster for some time so he has to be demonstrably better than a guy on another team or demonstrated he can be an extra forward or D-man at the NHL level. Let's be honest he hasn't even been demonstrably better than Sbisa who shouldn't be in the NHL.

Waiver day isn't a day that can be used to build call up depth, it's a day to pick up NHL caliber players that may be better than your players.

Last edited:

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Biega, Vey and Corrado waived. Got to think that Corrado is claimed for sure.

To claim a guy you have to be confident he can fill a regular NHL spot or as an extra forward or D-man. If not you will be waiving the guy sooner rather than later. There will be several D-men who have proven to be that extra player more than Corrado. He might get claimed but I don't think he will. And if so, he'll be back on waivers some time this year because he just doesn't have what it takes to be in the NHL right now.

Foundational Player

Benning the Incompetent
Mar 27, 2008
BC
Disappointed that Biega was waived but had to trim the numbers down.

He had a good camp/preseason.

Rather carry Beiga on the roster for first quarter of season and see what he can contribute.

Still an upgrade on Sbisa.

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site
biega getting waived is BS.

Now we are gonna wreck Hutton's development by pairing him up with Sbisa?

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
biega getting waived is BS.

Now we are gonna wreck Hutton's development by pairing him up with Sbisa?

Nah mate, if anything we might ruin Sbisa's development by pairing him with such a young, inexperienced player.

:sarcasm:

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
I'm really starting to wonder if Sedin-Sedin-Sutter might actually be a thing to start the season.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Fortunate that Raymond hits waivers the same day as Vey. That way if anyone wants a weak, semi-skilled bottom 6 forward that will quickly become the scorn of their fan base they can pluck the more well-reputed Raymond and leave Vey to make it through. Vey in Utica would be beneficial to our offensive depth and could be a boon to a guy like Shinkaruk. Hope he clears.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad