Official Training Camp Roster Talk - Part II (The Final Stretch)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Goon42

Apr 12, 2013
Sutter with the Sedins is such garbage. If they want to free up a top 9 spot for McCann why not just go to Sedins-burrows with a
Sutter-McCann-Hansen 3rd line?

But whatever, I am just happy Vey got cut and we have 3 rookies looking to freshen this team up finally.

VanCanucks53

Jul 6, 2007
Calgary
McCann is now #91 according to Irfan. He's worn 19 his whole career, but obviously that's not going to happen in Vancouver.

Virtanen has worn #18 whenever he can, so no surprise there. Although #77 definitely became him...

Very cool that the Canucks let McCann wear a high number. 91 looks sick.

I wish Jake kept 77 but ah well.

Vtownfan

Jul 8, 2015
That's really the only reasonable way to have both McCann and Virtanen in the line-up right now. They won't demote seasoned wingers like Hansen/Burrows to the fourth line, so it's either McCann or Virt playing with the scrubs for now. Also the suggestion Sutter would play on the fourth line is funny, it's obvious there's quite literally no chance of that happening.

One Higgins is on the LTIR the Canucks will have cap space and roster room to pring up 1 more forward

What I would like to see is:

Sedin-Sedin-Hansen
Baer-Horvat-Vrbata
Burrows-Sutter-Virtanen
Gaunce-McCann-Dorsett
Prust/Cracknell

Hansen has been the best producing even strength winger for the Sedins after Burrows. Most of Vrbata's points with them was on the PP.

I think Sutter and Virtanen's games would compliment each other. Both fast north south kind of players.

I really would hate seeing McCann stuck between the two facepunchers. Adding Gaunce adds some offensive upside to that line and both McCann and Gaunce have shown they have good 200Ft games.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
A big congrats to Cracknell on coming in as an afterthought signing and working his arse off to earn a spot!

Just the type of work ethic and determination you want around the kids...

Limited skill and limited speed... but showed a lot of effort and defensive reliability and were rarely pinned from the games i saw...

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I think high numbers are stupid but will prefer McCann in 91 because in 51 I kept thinking Dorsett was making surprisingly skilled plays.

Virtanen in 18 was always a given.

fancouver

Jan 15, 2009
Vancouver
McCann is now #91 according to Irfan. He's worn 19 his whole career, but obviously that's not going to happen in Vancouver.

Virtanen has worn #18 whenever he can, so no surprise there. Although #77 definitely became him...

Wow nice. Canucks haven't had a guy in the 90s since Bure...

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Have a feeling there's going to be a surge in jersey sales for the first time in a few years.

(Hutton??)

I may have to put down for a new jersey for the first time since I bought a Naslund #22 back in '96. Hopefully these kids stick with their numbers a bit longer than he did...

Jay Cee

P4G
May 8, 2007
Halifax
Wow nice. Canucks haven't had a guy in the 90s since Bure...

Nice to see management loosening up silly in house rules on numbers.

It kind of seems a little weird at this point, but there are only so many damn numbers below 50. Incidentally I wore #91 most of my hockey playing days, so I have to get that jersey I guess!

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Nice to see management loosening up silly in house rules on numbers.

It kind of seems a little weird at this point, but there are only so many damn numbers below 50. Incidentally I wore #91 most of my career playing hockey, so I have to get that jersey I guess!

If I recall the low number policy was part of the Gillis regime?

fancouver

Jan 15, 2009
Vancouver
And the Burke regime.

Choosing 91 is a very swag move. I think this shows McCann's confidence in himself.

I mean, just think of the guys who wore or currently wear "91"..... Federov, Stamkos, Taveras, Seguin, Turris...

imagine if McCann joins this group :nod:

Sharpshooter

Dec 14, 2011
Jon Abbott ‏@HockeyAbbs 9m9 minutes ago
It must be official....Virtanen wearing 18 for the #Canucks #TSN1040 #getyourjerseys

I actually really like 18 on JV. It's a good number. Hopefully Jake can wash the stains by Fedor from that number, and live up to our love of Larionov, when he wore that number.

91 is a great number for McCann.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad