Official Trade Speculation/Proposal Thread III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
If your pick is a top 5 pick, would you guys trade that + Bailey for Edler?

No, because with the way every fan of Edler's club goes out of their way to pawn him off on us (and anyone else) he must have some unholy combination of plague, BO, and radiation that would kill most of the people in the first 10 rows at the Coli.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
If your pick is a top 5 pick, would you guys trade that + Bailey for Edler?

If the Isles have interest in Edler, I could see them making an overture for him at the Draft, not any earlier. There is no reason to part with assets now considering the majority of the haul for Vanek and AMac will likely be futures in the way of picks. The value of draft picks is highest at the Draft, Snow knows that. Visnovsky for a 2nd, that's the type of deals that Snow has made. Wisniewski for a 3rd before the season.

The Isles top-5 pick is probably off limits anyway. I've posted it before, Edler for 2 1sts (not the Isles' top-5 pick) and a choice of Mayfield/Pokka/Pelech/Donovan/Lee/Sundstrom. That's as far as I'd go. Isles get their top-4 d-man and the Canucks get a bunch of futures to get younger and also open up some cap flexibility with 3 cheap salary cap assets.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Is wang ready to pay Subban 8.5 mil

I would love PK but it would cost an incredible amount. Assets and money.

Personally I would pay him but I'm not a billionaire and unfortunately I don't own the team.

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
Is wang ready to pay Subban 8.5 mil

I would love PK but it would cost an incredible amount. Assets and money.

Personally I would pay him but I'm not a billionaire and unfortunately I don't own the team.

Would have to be a trade, as we can't give an offer sheet assuming we give Buffalo our 2015 pick.

SDIsles34

Jul 19, 2010
Would have to be a trade, as we can't give an offer sheet assuming we give Buffalo our 2015 pick.

I would hate to go down the offer sheet route but you'd imagine that getting Subban would make Ryan Pulock more expendable.

Let's say, Subban would cost-

2014 1st (top 5)
Frans Nielsen
Ryan Pulock.

Not saying I'd do it, I'm not sure I would but is it safe to say thatd be the asking price/value?

scott99

May 13, 2005
I would hate to go down the offer sheet route but you'd imagine that getting Subban would make Ryan Pulock more expendable.

2014 1st (top 5)
Frans Nielsen
Ryan Pulock.

Not saying I'd do it, I'm not sure I would but is it safe to say thatd be the asking price/value?

It would probably cost us Hamonic or Reinhart in that trade.

SDIsles34

Jul 19, 2010
It would probably cost us Hamonic or Reinhart in that trade.

Quite possible.

Using the Pronger trade as comparison (elite defensemen albeit older at 34 yrs old).

Forward Joffrey Lupul, defenseman Luca Sbisa, first-round picks in 2009 and 2010 and a conditional third-round pick in 2010 or 2011.

SDIsles34

Jul 19, 2010
Quite possible.

Using the Pronger trade as comparison (elite defensemen albeit older at 34 yrs old).

Forward Joffrey Lupul, defenseman Luca Sbisa, first-round picks in 2009 and 2010 and a conditional third-round pick in 2010 or 2011.

FWIW, those three draft picks turned into Riley Nash, Travis Hamonic and Jordan Eberle but none were actually drafted by the Ducks.

islandermaniac

Feb 27, 2002

2014 1st (top 5)
Frans Nielsen
Ryan Pulock.

The isles do that deal and don't look back (if we are merely talking player swap and leaving money out of the conversation). I'm not sold on any guy out of the top three and I'm not sold on pulock. That leaves Nielsen and you have to give to get.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
PK would cost a fortune. It isn't even like we would be trying to pry him away, we would also be competing against a smack of other teams to get him.

And considering the way Wang has given Tavares crap for linemates with the exception of Vanek who has no stomach to play here to begin with, I don't know which team should be worried more, us or Montreal.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
The isles do that deal and don't look back (if we are merely talking player swap and leaving money out of the conversation). I'm not sold on any guy out of the top three and I'm not sold on pulock. That leaves Nielsen and you have to give to get.

Anyone who disagrees with you knows NOTHING about building a team . . .

Pair him with Reinhart and you have the best D pairing in the NHL when Keith and Seabrook slow down.

And I don't care if it is the #1 overall pick either.

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
FWIW, those three draft picks turned into Riley Nash, Travis Hamonic and Jordan Eberle but none were actually drafted by the Ducks.

You're getting your trades mixed up.

Pronger to ANA for Joffrey Lupul, Ladislav Smid, ANA 1st 2007 (later traded to PHX, which became Nick Ross), ANA 1st 2008 (Jordan Eberle), and 2nd 2008 (later traded to NYI, which became Travis Hamonic)

Pronger to PHI with Ryan Dingle for Joffrey Lupul, Luca Sbisa, PHI 1st 2009 (later traded to CBJ, which became John Moore), PHI 1st 2010 (Emerson Etem)

I don't think Pronger is a good example. He was a lot older than Subban is now.

Seanpuff34

Mar 26, 2009
PK Subban

It's a pipe dream I know but I was just curious about an offer sheet price.

Lets say we keep our 1st round pick this year and get a 1st round pick in a deal for both Vanek and Amac

So in total we have 3 first round picks this year.

If we offer sheet Subban for 7 years around Shea Weber money per year can we give up all the picks we have for this year or does it have to be 1st round picks in subsequent drafts?

I don't believe that this is in fact what will happen or anything like that I am just curious as to how the draft picks work for offer sheets.

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
It's a pipe dream I know but I was just curious about an offer sheet price.

Lets say we keep our 1st round pick this year and get a 1st round pick in a deal for both Vanek and Amac

So in total we have 3 first round picks this year.

If we offer sheet Subban for 7 years around Shea Weber money per year can we give up all the picks we have for this year or does it have to be 1st round picks in subsequent drafts?

I don't believe that this is in fact what will happen or anything like that I am just curious as to how the draft picks work for offer sheets.

It has to be in subsequent drafts, because if he is offer sheeted it would be after July 1st, after the draft where our 1sts would already be used. Now, if Montreal would be crazy enough to accept all the Islanders' 2014 1sts should they get them in deals for Vanek and AMac, that would be doable during the 2014 draft.

CaptDenisPotvin

The Tampa Bay Astros are your 2021 Champions
Jun 20, 2007
Listen, PK Subban is an amazing defenseman and I probably want him on the team more now than ever knowing how close he is to JT but I just don't think its beneficial for us to offer sheet the guy and give up 5 first rounder's for him while we have a bunch of guys that we just drafted at the same position 1-2 years away. Even if none of our prospect defenseman are as good as Subban which is probably the case, we could still have a very solid defensive corps with 3-4 solid young defenseman and if you want to trade those picks we could round out the rest of the team IE- help for JT and a goalie. Just my take on it, I would love to have Subban and if he was UFA I would pay him a king's ranson along with every other team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad